+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pikachu

Thread: 2/29 Episode 8, Season 2 Show Discussion

2/29 Episode 8, Season 2 Show Discussion

I think the season finale of "Revenge" took away some people from watching last night's episode.

That said, overall good makeups, even Sue's though I do agree the puppet was more Burtonesque than the character.

Ian had a HUGE misstep last night, but fortunately it was not going to harm him because Beki and Sue's were worse. Still... he is one that will learn from it and adapt - because he really did need to do more with the face instead of a backpack (which was lovely, but not literally a part of the character).

Beki was ousted because she pulled a Megan - she didn't use prosthetics unlike the others so it was seen as a cheap out. Plus, the thing she did spend a lot of time on - the cupcake, wasn't that well made.

Sue's was bad, but again, she did do a prosthetic. She shouldn't make the finals though.

On the top looks...

Loved the cello one and felt it deserved the win. The prop was beautifully - and creepily done, and her makeup also was lovely. Burton really could use that in one of his movies, and maybe he will.

The bellhop - that was so cute and clever with the body being a set of drawers. Again the fellow who was in the makeup had fun with the clothes and bell. I also liked that while it was minimal prosthetics, they made him look like his face was part of the chest of drawer's design.

The ice cream guy I wasn't as fond of because he looked a little bit shape wise like Bozo the clown; however, it also was well done.

I think next week should be Sue's week to go. We're not going to have a female winner - nor should because there were other stronger designers there. If by some chance Sue does wake up and really pushes her work, then yeah...maybe, but right now, no.

Oh, and watched last week's too again yesterday - Jerry's was the one I thought it was and yeah... it was bad compared to Sue's sculpture.

Re: 2/29 thread

I loved the top three looks as well. The bellhop draping a purple bra over Ve's head was very funny and I think the actor interaction helped put that character over the top for the win. The cello concept should be a painting or on the cover of a magazine it was so elegant. The Ice Cream man really did have that Beetle Juice vibe as was stated. He really is trapped in his truck. LOL

If Ian had made a front plate similar to the back pack, it might have taken it where they wanted the Plumber to go. I found that he pulled in steamtrunk punk wonderfully with the painting technique on the back pack...if only he had made a frontispiece. Sue's old man toy maker was more horror show than Tim Burton whimsy - plus it looked bad with the oversized puppet prop. They mentioned that they didn't like that Beki placed her character in an actual Tim Burton movie and that, along with those awful teeth and tired props and no appliances on the face, was enough to send her packing.

Once they eliminate Sue next week (fingers crossed) the cream of the crop can battle it out for real. It really is too bad, though, that the last female is the weakest among the top 5.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I loved the top three looks as well. The bellhop draping a purple bra over Ve's head was very funny and I think the actor interaction helped put that character over the top for the win.
    I believe Rayce got the win for his cellist. But I completely agree about the bellhop actor doing a great job. If I remember correctly, RJ chose him right away and said something about how good he was. I think the cellist and bellhop may be my favorites out of the entire season so far. They were really special.

My bad - as usual when I delete the show and post from memory. Those two designs are my favorites for the season so far as well. I can see The Cellist as a surreal painting - beautiful.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I believe Rayce got the win for his cellist. But I completely agree about the bellhop actor doing a great job. If I remember correctly, RJ chose him right away and said something about how good he was. I think the cellist and bellhop may be my favorites out of the entire season so far. They were really special.
    Yes, Rayce won, and the bellhop was obviously a close second. The clown while updated, has been done before and in a way kinda related to ice cream sellers to begin with where as the cellist and the bellhop were different takes on the characters (She playing a human cello and him having a chest of drawers sted luggage).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I can't believe Sue has outlasted Tara and Becki! She's way overdue to be eliminated. I don't like her design aesthetic or her personality.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread