+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2/22 Episode 7 Season 2 Show Discussion

Re: 2/22 Episode 7 Season 2 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I always loved Levar as Geordi, but I do think he's at least equally remembered as Kunta Kinte in Roots.
    True, but not many of us have seen "Roots" until just a year or so ago. He did however fit Kunta quite well, as did the fellow who played an older version of Kunta.

He also still looks like he could still dress up as Geordi or be host for a new version of "Reading Rainbow."

I just wish he didn't have to deal with the sass that was Jerry in this contest.

Since Roots was one of the highest rated shows on TV ever (I think the finale is still 3rd on the list), a lot of us watched it when it aired too
    Punkin, mom2, Allie and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Since Roots was one of the highest rated shows on TV ever (I think the finale is still 3rd on the list), a lot of us watched it when it aired too
    What can I say - I'm a youngster. I just barely remember watching "V" in its original run, and that's only because mom told me to cover my eyes during the pregnancy delivery.

As far as the show here though - I really wish they'd do more challenges that are not where they can do these ugly horror monsters. Not that they're bad overall, it's just that it's gotten to the point of being absolutely boring now and predictable (i.e. do an alien - oh no, they have to be ugly horrid creatures).

I wish they'd do a sci-fi beauty or had the designers create - in honor of Glenn Hetrick working on "The Hunger Games" - a Capitol citizen makeup based on the book itself. From the books, there is really only one character that looks very weird as far as what we read - Tigris, and Katniss doesn't mention any of them looking scary, but odd. MacKenzie and Glenn could also tell them that they can't do a horror/scary makeup there too.

I guess that's why I like the Tim Burton Challenge next week from what I've seen of the previews - it looks like it'll be more weird makeup and not scary.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12