+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2/1 Episode 4 Season 2 Show Discussion

2/1 Episode 4 Season 2 Show Discussion

Yay! Bree is gone! I kinda figured she was getting the "loser edit" when she said that chemical burns were her thing.

And she was the only person who could have made me not want Jerry to go home last night.

I was glad to see an individual elimination challenge. You could really see who knew what they were doing and who was a bit out of place. Beki was really impressive with her speed *and* her quality.

My only problem was that I kept forgetting what some of the phobias were. (Even with the name, I didn't always remember what phobia it was.)

Re: 2/1 Episode 2 Season 2 Show Discussion

I liked it finally being individual too, and while I wasn't too upset Brea was gone, I felt Jerry once again skirted by, and we're stuck with another week of his "I'm a genius" and he fall way short.

Plus - this is the first time I feel bad for Meagan of last season. She was eliminated for a lazy job of makeup for her disguise challenge, and here we see Jerry do the same thing. Even I knew he needed at least a couple of burns, and he focused on props, not makeup, and this IS a makeup challenge.

Worst thing on Brea's honestly was the misplacement of the teeth - period that's it. I didn't get a "sweet face" feel and even if I did, it would've been that sweet before horror reaction you see in movies (I guess similar to what the squirrel muttations must've been in the 50th Quarter Quell in "The Hunger Games")

Athena's time is nearly up, but I do think that weird is a good horror too. That said, this makeup wasn't good - but not worth getting eliminated for.

The one gal's design with fear of eyes - while I'd like to have seen more eyes (and she admits it), I loved the weirdness of it. She also paid attention to detail in regard to the Egyptian theme with the all seeing eye detailing around the designer's real eyes. And yes, I was glad she realized she had to rip off the bottom half of the prosthetic - it looked better and even better - it made the makeup a working piece.

Sue's... well... nice but predictable. She also made the horns too heavy, as it's not supposed to be a hat, but having the model have to put his hands on it hurts the effect. I think she'd been in the bottom three had there not been three worse designs.

Top three - I liked, even frost guy. This is the first time I wasn't too upset that someone with an error in applying the prosthetic was in top three, because the face did look like frost/frostbite. I do agree though with the idea of using iridescent glitter/diamond dust on the appliance that gets shaken off to create that frosting effect - the "you touch that frost and you'll turn to ice" effect.

The tooth one was creepy and very creative. Even the skull was shaped as a tooth. It was sad that the model had to get out of it quickly due to a reaction, but I'm glad for the artist he was able to at least wear it for show because otherwise it'd affected his win. The saran wrap effect I finally got - it's to simulate gums and such.

The parasite one was also very creative and icky. I loved the animated mouth as well. Kinda surprised she didn't win, but I feel out of these two it was close. Frost guy wasn't going to win it though because of the messed up appliance (similar to Sam and her partner's alien last year - I think theirs was the best; however, the alien baby pouch was coming off, giving the humanoid one the win - even though the judges were supposed to frown on a design like that).

I think part of the reason they eliminated Bree was because she's done really well in team/group challenges, but not so well in individual challenges (she was on the bottom in the first "early" challenge...I forget what it's called). And Jerry spent all that time on the extras because they told him those things were needed. (Not that I like Jerry all that much, but his was more of a bad paint job.)

If Bree had done molars for those teeth, it might have been Jerry going home instead. I think it was probably pretty close.

Wow, I hope Jerry knows he dodged a bullet this week! His work was awful, but Brea's was even worse. WTH was that? There was just nothing scary about that thing either. It was just a big mess.

For me, the tooth one was the scariest. Those random teeth in the face? *shivers* That poor model, I hope his allergic reaction wasn't too bad. The other one that freaked me out was RJ's razor blade one. Matt's dehydrated one with no eyes was super creepy too.....not that I'd want to run into ANY of them in a dark alley!

I felt bad for Rayce when the appliance edges kept lifting. It seemed like, no matter what he did, it wouldn't stay down. I'm glad the judges saw past that and appreciated his design.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread