+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1/18 Episode 2 Season 2 Show Discussion

Re: 1/18 Episode 2 Season 2 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I do find it funniest though that everyone - including me - loved the lionfish who in makeup had trouble staying awake. It probably however was more for the best though - because that napping may have helped him be wide awake to move about in the makeup when it came to judging. He wasn't the most elegant, but like a lion, he was commanding that water display.
    I think they definitely got by on the striking quality of the makeup It wasn't nearly as elegant in the water as the other top designs. I think they were right, though, to get rid of those spines. They only did them on the hands and it looked strange. If they were going to to them, they should have gone all out and done then on the body as well. Like I said above, I liked that the mouth moved well in the water. SO many of them do these large foam or silicone prosthetics on the face and then the mouth doesn't move - it feels more like a Halloween mask than a functioning movie costume.

I had a friend in college who had a lion fish, so I have a soft spot. They're so slow and graceful, until you pop a goldfish in the tank and BAM! Goldfish = gone!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 1/18 Episode 2 Season 2 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I missed last season because I didn't realize what it was about. I LOVE this show and am fascinated with the artistry of the contestants conceptualizing and creating their "monsters". Amazing!
    I missed last season, too, and am very glad that I've discovered this show now.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of my FAVES!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12