+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/16 episode *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 3/16 episode *Spoilers*

I LOVED this show !!

I loved the fact they actually were able to use their skills, doing the sort of things they "do" in their profession
    (by this I mean....I don't like when Top Chefs cook from a vending machine, or Project Runway designers have to purchase "fabric" at a Garden shop or Hardware store etc)

Each week was an insight into the "magic" of makeup artists/FX, and it was fascinating !!

I also liked the way the "ousted" contestants pitched in to help. Pretty awesome (I still don't like Jo)

I know a lot of people wanted Sam to win, but this was a contest of skills , not sentiment or popularity
    Sam really improved but honestly the Mermaid just didn't look like a finished movie character, way too much of the actor's face and skin showed

I thought Tate's was well thought out but again looked too "fake" IMHO>>> a lot of his stuff looks cartoonish

Gage really stepped up , he did a great job and I thought he might win it all....I was also not sure how "industrial" it was

Connor?? Once again his characters looked like they could be in a movie! I think in the end his work was the most finished, the most "believable" looking, with the best craftsman ship. NONE of his stuff looked like Cartoon characters or "Halloween Costumes" IMHO

Conner stepped up his creativity in the last challenge too....great job

One thing I have also thought : the judges are looking at these actors close up : they see the flaws, the "seams" the glue or unfinished parts.....they also know which of these would stand up to film (Connors I think)

All in all...a great show. My ONLY complaint here >> I wanted another week...or another two weeks....the finale came way too soon. I can't wait for Season 2....I only wish there were more shows like Face Off

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    I know a lot of people wanted Sam to win, but this was a contest of skills , not sentiment or popularity
    Sam really improved but honestly the Mermaid just didn't look like a finished movie character, way too much of the actor's face and skin showedp.
    She was trying to do the whole psychadellic (Yes, I have trouble with this word ) surreal look where a fish was turning into a human. The mermaid was more fish than half and half.

She did succeed in the surreal aspect of a fish in human, but she didn't match the fleshier portions of the human skin (legs didn't match face), and it was a little too bland for the era she was going for.

Skill wise she had a shot, but she paled in comparison to the other three. Even I knew she wasn't going to win unless she truly knocked it out the park like she did last week with a truly masculine looking makeup.

I sincerely liked her more because she was having fun and seeing how far she could get. She also was honest about her skills and in the end happy she did as well as she did. I wish more people in these shows have fun - but you could see that with the final four.

I thought Tate's was well thought out but again looked too "fake" IMHO>>> a lot of his stuff looks cartoonish
    Post apocalyptic to me reads a bit cartoonish, so I could see where that comes from. That said, there were details that were missed such as the pelt on Red's belt and the like. I do agree with comments his wolf wasn't as filled as he should've been on the fur; however, given it was two days I still was impressed (note, I'm painting a 3 foot wooden egg, and it's take three days now before I've got it to where I like it for adding the rest of the bric-a-brac.

Gage really stepped up , he did a great job and I thought he might win it all....I was also not sure how "industrial" it was
    His witch was pretty good as far as conceiving that; however, I don't think it was quite industrial enough to fit that era. I would've wanted to see a few more gears and such - maybe some mechanics on the candy store and a little bit of steampunk. There were aspects that did read to me as a bit horror. It was by no means a bad makeup, but I think in both Sam's and Gage's downfalls they didn't quite grasp the concept right.

Connor?? Once again his characters looked like they could be in a movie! I think in the end his work was the most finished, the most "believable" looking, with the best craftsman ship. NONE of his stuff looked like Cartoon characters or "Halloween Costumes" IMHO

Conner stepped up his creativity in the last challenge too....great job

One thing I have also thought : the judges are looking at these actors close up : they see the flaws, the "seams" the glue or unfinished parts.....they also know which of these would stand up to film (Connors I think)
    I think in the end, all but Gage's Gretel makeup would've worked in a movie. There would've been finer details worked out in order to improve the makeup, which would've happened if they had a full week to do the make up.

A full week we might've seen a full coat of fur on Tate's wolf (and a functioning mouth), Sam's coloring a bit stronger on the mermaid and witch, Gage a functioning face for Gretel (and better painting - it was the most static makeup of them all.

I wish here they had at least a full week if not two weeks - well just as long as a crash course for designing something in the real industry. I seriously doubt three days for two or more characters is standard in the industry.

All in all...a great show. My ONLY complaint here >> I wanted another week...or another two weeks....the finale came way too soon. I can't wait for Season 2....I only wish there were more shows like Face Off
    I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, yesterday I was looking forward to watching this show, and wish they had timed the marathon before the finale better so I could see it instead of debating if I should watch "ANTM" (gotten more gimmicky and dangerous now) and "Survivor" (which I like, but this season may just want to wait until merge).

FORT Regular

Gosh darn it to heck! I'm sorry for my language but I'm so ding dang mad that Gage didn't win. I thought his witch was the best out of all of them. But I still love this show and can't wait for season two!!

I loved the finale and am so glad Conor won. He was my favorite since the beginning but I really thought Tate would win just because my favorites never do! I loved his characters - the witch rocked! Tate's was my second favorite and Gage's was something else. The eyes on Gretel were just creepy and I really didn't get the metal crap that the witch had supposedly started just randomly sticking into her body. Really? As far as Sam's project - I really didn't care for it at all.
    I am looking forward to a second season! There are so many special effects that are done with computers and you tend to forget about the talented people that can take an idea and turn it into reality the way they do on this show!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I have been rooting for Tate and Sam since week one and was so sad neither of them won. I'm okay with Connor winning, I just feel blah about it. His final piece was amazing but so were Tates and Gages. I was so disappointed in Sam's Little Mermaid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12