+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 episode

3/9 episode

Overall, this wrapped up an evening (from what shows I can watch here) of good eliminations. First Russell on "Survivor" and then Megan here.

But to summarize the episode here it goes:

The artists had to create a disguise for themselves to hide who they were. Their judges in addition to our main three were people who knew them and try to fool them.

Everyone of the designers had to interact with their family/friends/partners in a wig store, which I thought was a fun way to get loved ones involved in this show. For the most part, all of them fooled the person they knew. (I'll say the reason for "The most part" comment in a minute).

At the reveal, Sam got high praises for her makeup of being an old man. She successfully fooled her husband to the point that she said "Hi Sugar" after the sale (when they could reveal who they were) and he STILL kept going. She had to I think say something to him again and he realized it was her. I was so worried they'd criticize her makeup, but they all loved it. Ve even said that she had grown by leaps and bounds.

(BTW, the reason Sam is my favorite contestant is because she just seems to really be having fun - win or lose, she just seems to be enjoying herself, and I like seeing contestants be that way).

The others were also very good, but out of the others I probably liked the one of Gage turning into a black woman the best. There was no doubt in my mind who the top two were in this challenge - and they finished 1-2.

Sadly though - Sam finally wins, but she doesn't get to give whom she thinks should be voted out. The judges bluntly said that there was no reason to debate - Megan was going to be eliminated.

All in all, they made the right choice, because while there was makeup that was unsuccessful (one - I think Tate - didn't do enough and he showed more of himself), Megan did beauty makeup instead of any prosthetics. It was a bad choice to totally rip off the appliance and do the makeup. (Well that and turning into a model who is on the show because Conor had her in the last challenge). As the one judge said, better to try and fail than not actually try and cover up your face. (and if she at least kept the nose it'd had some success.

And I agreed with the judges - her mom knew, but wasn't going to say anything because she didn't want to harm Megan's chances of winning this contest. You could see it clearly in her Mom's face she knew. There were a couple of skeptical ones on their competitor's faces (save probably Sam's, though I worried because of her voice), but Megan's just flat out gave it up.

Overall, a great episode, the final four are worthy, and while I have my favorites, I will be happy with any of them winning.

Re: 3/9 episode

And yes, I know that I've spoiled a bit for "Redemption Island," () but I hope a lot of people have read it first.

I personally am glad that at least Sam is the last girl standing. When I saw the cutaway to the commercials, I was like "Oh no - they're saying it's terrible!" but fortunately, that was not the case.

HA! I'm in your head!

No offense intended in the other thread there Jade. I meant the statement "matter of fact"-ly but it seemed pretty direct when I re-read it. Know that I appreciate you and your posts.

Scoot

It was good to see Sam finally show up!

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    HA! I'm in your head!

No offense intended in the other thread there Jade. I meant the statement "matter of fact"-ly but it seemed pretty direct when I re-read it. Know that I appreciate you and your posts.

Scoot
    Thanks. I was just excited that the two "villains" (one just is the other just made to be such) were ousted in one night I did admittedly forget (especially since I've been potentially spoiling something that isn't going to happen the way I thought).

Admittedly, I thought Megan's makeup was quite lovely and she could've passed off for someone else. She did have effective beauty makeup (which I've figured out as being makeup without prosthetics, makeup 101).

I think she was more ousted because she didn't quite embrace the spirit of the challenge to its fullest extent. I agreed with the comment of at least having some of the appliance - it looked like she could've kept the nose or the jawline.

I also wasn't too fond of the goth makeup, it was good, just gross.

There really wasn't a makeup that I hated, but Megan's lack of the spirit of the challenge and irking the judges by not using any prothesis (and saying she was tired - well all of them were), led to her downfall.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Fun challenge - I always enjoy seeing the episodes with family members/significant others.

Wow - that was a really bizarre choice for Megan to turn herself into the model Conor seemed to enjoy working with.

I'm glad Megan is gone, but I think she would have been sent home even if her prosthetic had worked. She would have turned herself from a young woman into a pregnant young woman. Conor changed from a young man into an old man but still looked like himself. Megan and Conor would have been the bottom two, but I'm sure the judges would have kept Conor based on his body of work.

The judges seemed a little too harsh IMO on Megan. The prosthetic totally backfired. I can see her scrapping it and putting out an inferior product, there was nothing else that could be really done. It's either a half ***ed attempt or a full attempt but with less potential. I hope it's just for TV drama, not what they actually think.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    The judges seemed a little too harsh IMO on Megan. The prosthetic totally backfired. I can see her scrapping it and putting out an inferior product, there was nothing else that could be really done. It's either a half ***ed attempt or a full attempt but with less potential. I hope it's just for TV drama, not what they actually think.
    Given that I think they said it was more because she didn't use a prosthetic and that she said she was tired (which they said all makeup artists are tired), it was more for the contest. Her makeup was actually quite good IMHO, and I didn't hear anything as far as the makeup itself being bad, just them being disappointed she didn't try to use the prosthesis in the end and attempt to do something.

I do have to agree a bit here - her jawline I think was salvagable if not also the nose. They just weren't in one piece.

While I'm glad she's gone, I do have to give her some kudos - she was able to quickly put together a makeup in a short amount of time that did work.

Megan's professed strength is makeup, so I was disappointed to see how little she did with it after having to scrap the prosthetic. The right person went home.

YAY!!! Sam! Finally she stepped up and to raves from the judges.

All the final four are great. It will be fun to watch them fight to the finish.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Megan's professed strength is makeup, so I was disappointed to see how little she did with it after having to scrap the prosthetic. The right person went home.

YAY!!! Sam! Finally, she stepped up and to raves from the judges.

All the final four are great. It will be fun to watch them fight to the finish.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast