+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/02 Show Discussion

3/02 Show Discussion

I'll start.

I thought this episode was very well done. Judging (especially compared to last episode) was spot on in all respects.

I really liked the foundation challenge, it was appropriate with the zombie challenge coming up. But I can't believe some of them went so far out there with blood EVERYWHERE. Gage did have "blood lake" after all! It is totally unrealistic to see that much blood, and even if real blood was used, by the volume of it, you would think it's fake anyways. So good thing Tom won with his light hand. He thought the judge's cop background through.

I also do agree on the main challenge with the zombies. Since they all have extensive zombie training, it makes sense to eliminate 2 for something "easier". I thought the dancing twist was cliche Thriller though. But again, best choice for winner. I really thought they were gonna eliminate Megan too, but thankfully they kept her. Even though it wasn't fully realized, let's imagine that both Tom and Megan had no flaws technically... Tom's still didn't have as much back story as Megan's. I think she had the best concept for this one, but she covered most of it up. I think this was her last chance though.

Re: 3/02 Show Discussion

I liked the dancing, particularly the when a zombie started doing crickets.

Tate's zombie was something I enjoyed seeing, as was Connor's. The rest were kind of, eh. Tom and Anthony going home seemed like a good decision, but I'm starting to think Megan might be bulletproof; if she wins the season, I'm going to be very annoyed.
    Revenge is ice cream.

The zombie dancing was a great way to test their work! Anthony leaving was definately the right one to go first. It was a toss-up between Tom and Megan; Tom deserved to go home last week. I am not concerned at all that Megan has any chance of winning since her work hasn't be exactly stellar. Conor's zombie was the perfect "classic zombie" but Tate's was a little more original. I wish they would show a little more of Sam's work during their construction times. She did say she was making zombie that wasn't as skeletal but unless I wasn't paying attention I missed it when she mentioned her theme.
    Maybe Sam is doing her best to stay out of any drama so that is why she isn't shown as much?
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    I
    I really liked the foundation challenge, it was appropriate with the zombie challenge coming up. But I can't believe some of them went so far out there with blood EVERYWHERE. Gage did have "blood lake" after all! It is totally unrealistic to see that much blood, and even if real blood was used, by the volume of it, you would think it's fake anyways. So good thing Tom won with his light hand. He thought the judge's cop background through.
    That always has bugged me - "blood lake" in these things.

I mean, the body only holds a few liters of blood, and yet you'll sometimes see enough to be gallons... from a tiny hole in a spot that is not say the femoral artery or jugular. (Worst though is that they don't have the "corpse" nearly white from being bled out).

That said, thank you for sharing your POV on this week's ep. I'm looking forward to trying to see bits of it - or the rebroadcast - of the episode, as I missed it due to work.

Dixie, I think you're spot on in regard to Sam - she seems to be the least into the drama. That's why she's been at least safe every week save probably last week's challenge, but even there it was no contest that her team was safe over the bottom two.

I watched this epi on OnDemand, as usual. I thought the foundation challenge was fun, but I was cringing along with the rest of them when Megan put the chicken entrails into the blender. Blech.

If the judges hadn't really liked Megan's idea, I think she would have been gone. I thought Anthony and Tom were the right choices this week. That zombie hooker was really bad....and not in a good way!

I continue to be impressed with Conor - both his talent and his ability to remain calm through the process. I like that he expressed doubts about Megan's design. I think he likes her, but he's also not blind. She has a lot of work to do to be on the same level as some of the other contestants.

I think the right people have been eliminated so far and if Megan goes next week, the final four will be the ones I thought should be there: Conor, Tate, Gage and Sam. Does that sound like a group of soap opera characters or what!?

ETA: I forgot to mention how cool it was that Greg Nicotero was the guest judge! He's kind of THE guy for zombies at the moment.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched this epi on OnDemand, as usual. I thought the foundation challenge was fun, but I was cringing along with the rest of them when Megan put the chicken entrails into the blender. Blech.

If the judges hadn't really liked Megan's idea, I think she would have been gone. I thought Anthony and Tom were the right choices this week. That zombie hooker was really bad....and not in a good way!

I continue to be impressed with Conor - both his talent and his ability to remain calm through the process. I like that he expressed doubts about Megan's design. I think he likes her, but he's also not blind. She has a lot of work to do to be on the same level as some of the other contestants.

I think the right people have been eliminated so far and if Megan goes next week, the final four will be the ones I thought should be there: Conor, Tate, Gage and Sam. Does that sound like a group of soap opera characters or what!?

ETA: I forgot to mention how cool it was that Greg Nicotero was the guest judge! He's kind of THE guy for zombies at the moment.
    I started watching this one late but love it. Meghan needs to go home. If I hear her giggle one more time at Conner I will go nuts. She has some talent but not enough to be the best. I think Conner or Tate will win the whole thing. Connor's zombie was my favorite.

FORT Fan

I don't have the "hate" in for Megan...she is young, and does not have experience

With ANY of these shows, there is often a contestant that has tons more experience and more cred in their profession

In this case however, Connor seems to be WAY above and beyond the level of any of the other contestants

It would be like pitting a 3 star Michelin Chef against a IHOP fry cook on Top Chef IMHO LOL

I think Megan has some "new" ideas that she brings to the table....only problem is that she can't execute them that well. However, she may have some "future" prospects cause she does have an ability to make a new twist on things

Her "Plastic surgery" zombie was actually pretty clever I thought....especially the "implants'>>> ewwwww

+ Reply to Thread