+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 show

2/9 show

I didn't see a thread for this one, so I thought I'd start one.

Thought tonight's challenge was really cool - create an alien for a recently discovered planet that could sustain life.

This was a team challenge, and the ones who worked as a team showed.

Please note, I don't want to totally spoil this episode by describing the designs.

And because I get Tate and Gage confused, I've put the teams where one or the other was in it and if they're backward, I apologize. That said both were good and the teams together were deserving of being safe or in the top three.

Loved Sam's and Tate/Gage's design. They had a creative design with their alien, but what kept them from top two I seriously think is that their foam didn't set up well enough (their fault) so it started coming apart when the judges did the close up analysis. I do think they'd been in the top two over the albino team's design had everything stayed together.

I loved Jo and Tate/Gage's winning design. They are right - silicone is a very heavy material, and the alien was lovely to look at. The painting Jo did was worth it. Now admittedly these two had issues, but Jo finally stood up and said "What do you want me to do" and she just did it.

The other top two design - which was a white albino alien, was nice too; however, I didn't think it was quite as creative as Sam's team's design. IMHO they got the top two because of the detail in the vein design.

The bottom two were well deserved - the lack of teamwork clearly showed.

Megan's team had horrible molding and painting.

Anthony and Frank's design was ugly. I felt horrible for Anthony because he did have a great idea, but because Frank didn't care, the result was bad.

And yes - FRANK went home!

The sad point - he too was just as excited, which made me mad. He essentially took someone's place in this show who would work hard in filmmaking design and did a half hearted job.

Or in short, he is the Osten of "Face Off" - basically quitting without actually having to go up and say "I quit."

Looking forward to next week's show. Pretty much anyone now I won't mind winning, but Megan and the teammate she had this week will have to improve their attitudes if they want to stand a chance of winning this.

Re: 2/9 show

Agreed about Frank going.....and I honestly wondered what the heck he's been doing there in the first place. I loved the winning alien, she was purely elegant. I have to admit, I was questioning why there were so many team challenges, but tonight did answer that....this is more of a teamwork type field. I do like the judges on this one so far, and thought the criticism of the the team spending more time being pissed at each other than working was way beyond valid. So far, I'm enjoying this series quite a bit, and think they have some purely wonderful talent going on!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Can't say I'm surprised or sad to see Frank go. I get the sense that, as an artist, he's either going to really like a project and go all out for it, or just not care for it and phone it in. Looking at just the concepts, though, I certainly like Frank's more than Anthony's, and Anthony seems a really high-strung twit who feels like he has to be in the driver's seat, all the time.

Megan seems like a person who frustrates easily and then loses sight of what needs to be done. Mostly, she seems like a shrew.

Really like Jo after this episode, probably my favorite, though I still think somebody like Conor, who has more industry experience, is going to win.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Dang! I forgot to watch last night. Will have to watch it OnDemand in a day or two.

Glad to hear that Frank's gone. I would have to be desperate before I'd hire him. How would you know in advance if he'd like the project and go all out for it, or would be a whiny drama queen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4188371;
    Glad to hear that Frank's gone. I would have to be desperate before I'd hire him. How would you know in advance if he'd like the project and go all out for it, or would be a whiny drama queen?
    I think he's the type of guy who works best as a freelancer that picks his own projects.
    Revenge is ice cream.

If it wasn't for OnDemand, I would never get to see this show! I ALWAYS forget it's on. I really like the show too, so I'm not sure why I keep forgetting to watch. Every week, I've logged in here the morning after it airs and gone "SHOOT!"

Glad to hear lazy Frank is gone. I hated the way he treated his model last week.

Off to watch it now.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4187859;
    And because I get Tate and Gage confused, I've put the teams where one or the other was in it and if they're backward, I apologize. That said both were good and the teams together were deserving of being safe or in the top three.
    I think you might be confusing Conor and Tate and Gage, jadewarlock. Conor worked with Jo this week and Tate worked with Sam. Gage was paired with Marcel.

Although it's clear some of the teams worked better together and did better work, I'm pretty impressed with how much most of them got done in a very short amount of time.

Frank and Anthony's model looked like she was wearing a bodysuit and a Halloween mask. Very lazy. Frank has a lot of nerve to turn on Anthony and criticize him. Really happy he's gone. Like someone else mentioned, it stinks that he took a spot on the show from someone else who would have worked harder and appreciated the opportunity.

Conor is still my pick to win the whole thing. Tom gets my vote to be eliminated next week. What a jerk.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4188576;
    I think you might be confusing Conor and Tate and Gage, jadewarlock. Conor worked with Jo this week and Tate worked with Sam. Gage was paired with Marcel.
    Thanks - it's easier with the girls because a. there are three of them and b. they're all easy to identify with one key difference in each (Jo - ear distension, Sam, blonde and Megan, dark hair with ears covered most of the time).

It's now really going to get confusing now that Frank's gone on the men's side.

So, if I go "Who's on first," at least you guys know why.

Although it's clear some of the teams worked better together and did better work, I'm pretty impressed with how much most of them got done in a very short amount of time.

Frank and Anthony's model looked like she was wearing a bodysuit and a Halloween mask. Very lazy. Frank has a lot of nerve to turn on Anthony and criticize him. Really happy he's gone. Like someone else mentioned, it stinks that he took a spot on the show from someone else who would have worked harder and appreciated the opportunity.

Conor is still my pick to win the whole thing. Tom gets my vote to be eliminated next week. What a jerk.
    I was the one who mentioned the waste of space Frank used in the show.

Sergio, bless him, was slow but at least he attempted on most things. His slowness killed him - well that and not the best idea for that tornado. If he had both, Frank would've been in the bottom three last week - his was halfhearted with the lampshade with no pole.

Even there at least Sergio TRIED. Frank didn't. Better to try and fail than not try.

In fact, his attitude makes me want to draw a make up design and compete in their viewer contest. While I have a little skill, it's very little but yet I think I can come out with something better.

Yeah, the body suit I think was Frank's idea, and sealed his fate. I felt bad for the young Asian woman who is the model because you could tell in her eyes and face "You've got to be kidding me." At least though it appears all the models are able to stay throughout the season and can be picked for any challenge. I like her and she can wear a lot of different appliances well.

Winner? - I don't know. On the girls I think it'll be Jo or Sam (that order, though I like Sam's attitude and work ethic), on the guys? - toss up right now. I can see Conor taking it though.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4188595;
    Thanks - it's easier with the girls because a. there are three of them and b. they're all easy to identify with one key difference in each (Jo - ear distension, Sam, blonde and Megan, dark hair with ears covered most of the time).

It's now really going to get confusing now that Frank's gone on the men's side.

So, if I go "Who's on first," at least you guys know why.
    With some of these shows - especially at the beginning, when there are a lot of contestants - I have to go to the website to look at pics to figure out who everyone is.

Winner? - I don't know. On the girls I think it'll be Jo or Sam (that order, though I like Sam's attitude and work ethic), on the guys? - toss up right now. I can see Conor taking it though.
    I think Jo is just too inexperienced to win. She's done okay now because, for the last two weeks, she was paired with someone who took control. I just don't see her in the top three. Sam might be up there though. I think she does good work. Conor seems to be the one who has the most experience and the ability to just focus and get the job done.
    Last edited by Critical; 02-10-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling, argh

I was surprised and a little disappointed when Conor threw Tom under the bus to the judges, simply because his little gf Megan was miffed with him. The no brainer one to go last night was Frank, who went mia for a couple of hours and sneered at his partner.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast