+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/2 Show

2/2 Show

I hope the mods don't mind that I started a show thread. After all, no one else did. Is anyone really watching this show. I missed the first showing so the rerun is coming on right now.

This show will be full body costuming. I'm afraid of the creations that will be made.

Gosh I hope I don't have nightmares!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Re: 2/2 Show

The first challenge is to apply tattoos on themselves.

I hope that I'll see something that Kat and Garver will be proud of!

Tate won the tattoo challenge.

His tat was a cow skull with horns. It looked really cool. I believe he said that was the tat he was going to get anyway.

Sam's tat looks like a real retro tat. I believe it's supposed to be of her mother or grandmother. Either should be proud! Really pretty!

Sergio's tat simply wasn't finished. But I could tell that it would've also looked nice enough.

Time for the second challenge.

Nude body painting. They have to incorporate the models in a background that they're standing against.

Good, this won't be a horror episode!

Frank is bratting because he had to settle for a man with an elevator background.

I liked the concept of the challenge, and felt the top three were worthy of the honors. While I liked all three and thought Tate's was good, I'd preferred either Sam's with the lady design or the one with New York in it - both creative and looking a little bit more like tattoos than Tate's (though his was still passable and realistic).

The nude I think was interesting too. I wish they'd take the workroom into consideration because Frank was just... ugly about getting the elevator backdrop. It's a contest, you're not going to have Jo say "Go ahead and get this other design because you don't want a male nude" and you're not going to have it your way. WAS surprised however he was deemed in the safe zone because with the lampshade - which made NO SENSE in the design - it looked off.

Out of the bottom three? - I can see their point a little bit with Tate's lion; however, I thought it was a nice optical illusion. The details didn't bother me one bit... though I can say that they needed to be a bit brighter or him using some solid golden color on her if he thought "lion's mane" so she'd pop a little more. He had to just be under the safe bar compared to the other two.

Sergio simply put was the right one to go home - there actually was quite a bit of potential for his artwork - cactus, sandstorm of his own kind with lightning, mountain - a much stronger Native American/Indian spirit... and he produces ... what he did. It wasn't bad by any means, but it was SO boring and so simple for what they were supposed to do.

Runner-up on the worst of the lot also wasn't good, but he showed more creativity. What hurt him was he overpainted as they mentioned.

Top three? - I don't know who exactly won, but all three were deserving. Jo did very well with the challenges of using the wrong paint and still produced a lovely human Angelfish in the water. I loved the petrified/burned wood one because of the creativity, the use of color pop with the section of her real skin showing with the pulled bark, and the expression of her face. The cobblestones too was elegant for the reason she blended in but still was noticeable. I do agree with them that the placement of the plants near her rear were a little too indecent - not bad mind you, but just a tweak in an otherwise good design.

In the middle, I liked Sam's creativity on painting clothes on her model and the heeled shoes. The one with the modern art - Megan I think, was a little too plain and should've been switched out IMHO with Tate's because his was more creative. I've said my peace with Frank's elevator one and the museum one was good, but a little too predictable.

Still enjoying this show, but I think we're going to hopefully see the demise of the one who finishes too fast on his designs finally get kicked out. I mean, the tattoo was apparently a tracing of his UV tattoo - and even there it's a weak one, and he just rushes and thinks he's hot stuff. I find his work the weakest of the lot and him being there ONLY because of the drama.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4177477;
    [snipped)... I wish they'd take the workroom into consideration because Frank was just... ugly about getting the elevator backdrop....

Still enjoying this show, but I think we're going to hopefully see the demise of the one who finishes too fast on his designs finally get kicked out. I mean, the tattoo was apparently a tracing of his UV tattoo - and even there it's a weak one, and he just rushes and thinks he's hot stuff. I find his work the weakest of the lot and him being there ONLY because of the drama.
    I agree with pretty much all you said in your entire post.

Regarding Frank, I'm also in agreement. I'm sure he's going to lose a lot of potential jobs because of his attitude. He's good, but not so good that I'd be willing to hire him and chance his throwing a hissy fit about something and throwing the whole production off. Plus, drama like that brings down the whole team.

And, I was very glad to see an individual challenge this time. Much better end results overall, IMO, than when teams have to compromise.

I also agree with your post, jadewarlock. Since you summed it up so nicely, I'll take this opportunity to wonder about Jo's ear lobe. Now that I've figured out it is a distention and not a weird earring, I've got to wonder why. Not my business, of course, but to take a South American tribal form of beautification is interesting, and I'm afraid to admit, to me a little creepy.

I really thought Frank would be on the block this week, for not only his attitude but his design. He shrugged off the lampshade as appropriate for an IKEA catalog. He doesn't care - at least to this point - but, maybe his ego will allow him to find a muse next week.

I'm finding this very interesting with some of the flavor of Work of Art and the fashion shows with the quick pace and over the top challenges.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast