+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Arielflies
  • 1 Post By agamergirl
  • 1 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By vanillalatte

Thread: 7/11 Face Off 12 Show Discussion

7/11 Face Off 12 Show Discussion

Dante's Demons - The artists must create a demon that would oversee a specific circle of Dante's version of Hell.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 7/11 Face Off 12 Show Discussion

Finally, individual challenges but still in a "shop" setting. Nevil drew up a set of horns for each hellish monster and had them made up on a 3D Printer. It was a nod to new innovation in the industry with the printer.

Once again, Ethereal Effects won in a landslide. This time there was a run off for the one winner and also a run off for the true loser. The girl whose clay was removed last week was herself removed this week. I think she is the last of the weaker artists.
    agamergirl and annemik like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yes! So happy to finally see the individual work. Loved this challenge. Lots of great makeup. My favorite one so far. Not only because of the topic but because it was individual.
    Last edited by agamergirl; 07-12-2017 at 05:17 PM. Reason: was too redundant
    annemik likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

I agree! I liked this challenge the best so far. It showcased individual talent and brought to light the weaknesses and strengths in each person. The one who went home was not surprising at all. She probably would have gone last week if the incident with her clay removal had not occurred.

Glenn is like a one-liner factory. Phil's demon looks like "The 'Night 'Night Sleepy Cow that's going to lick your head and put you to bed"

The bottom looks were REALLY bottom this week. Phil and Jill both should have gone home. I wasn't bowled over by Kierstin's demon at first, but the longer I looked at it, the more creeped out I got.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The demon challenges aren't my favorite. I like the fantasy characters best, but there was some real creativity here. At this point, they should just send all of Twisted 6 home and let Ethereal fight it out to the end. But Ethereal is going to lose another designer next week to the other side.

I get that they are doing the shop concept because it's real life. You'll have to design characters that look like they come from the same universe as everyone else's characters, and more often than not, you'll have to work on a single character with multiple people. Collaboration is key. But for this show, I don't like it because we really don't get to see the individuality and creativity of each artist. Let's just dissolve the shops, now, and go on as singles.
    beerbelly likes this.

OMG! 'Night night sleepy cow'!!!

I don't like this set up either, you really don't get to see all the make up as you do with individual challenges. Loved the horns!!! And thought the judges chose the correct demon. Loved it! Would watch a movie with that demon.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread