+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Critical
  • 1 Post By jadewarlock
  • 3 Post By annemik

Thread: 4/18 Face Off All Stars - Show Discussion

4/18 Face Off All Stars - Show Discussion

Gargoyle Guardians - The dinal four must create a gargoyle inspired by a different style of architecture.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 4/18 Face Off All Stars - Show Discussion

I'm shocked that Tyler went home. I had him pegged to make it to the finale and thought sure George would go home tonight, especially based on how much trouble he had. I guess I should have known better than to trust the edit! I liked Tyler's gargoyle, but I think it was a bit too on the nose of a classic gargoyle. Plus, I can think of lots of details he could have added to make it more Victorian in feel.

I can't imagine that the finals will be a three-way competition. More than likely, it'll be between Cig and Emily, with George coming in a distant third.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm shocked that Tyler went home. I had him pegged to make it to the finale and thought sure George would go home tonight, especially based on how much trouble he had. I guess I should have known better than to trust the edit! I liked Tyler's gargoyle, but I think it was a bit too on the nose of a classic gargoyle. Plus, I can think of lots of details he could have added to make it more Victorian in feel.
    I was surprised too because his was better made overall. If George's wings were more than an airplane wing (that's what they looked like to me) I'd been more OK with his winning. It really did come down to the Victorian theme missing in his design - though his tendency to do a squeezed in face was becoming too repetitive.

Was so happy Cig was easily in (if he was out I'd been done with the season) and Emily definitely redeemed herself this week. I didn't think she should've advanced in the past couple of weeks, but that Art Deco gargoyle was stunning.

Cig was also spot on with the onion domes for the Russian Renaissance. Even St. Basil's cathedral doesn't have repeating designs on the domes.

I can't imagine that the finals will be a three-way competition. More than likely, it'll be between Cig and Emily, with George coming in a distant third.
    I think so too - but we have seen the long shot win in this series.
    Arielflies likes this.

Emily should win. She has been consistently wonderful throughout the competition. Whereas, the others have been up and down. She just amazes me, but I am constantly impressed with how much talent all of these contestants have.

My favorite gargoyle was the Russian Onion Domes. So creative and beautiful.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread