+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mushybrain
  • 1 Post By annemik
  • 1 Post By mushybrain

Thread: 4/25 Face Off All Stars - Finale Show Discussion

4/25 Face Off All Stars - Finale Show Discussion

Battle of the Beasts - In the Season 11 finale, the final three must create animalistic kung-fu masters for an actual fight scene in hopes of being declared the winner of All Stars.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 4/25 Face Off All Stars - Finale Show Discussion

Can't say a whole lot - glad Cig won and would've been happy if Emily won as well. Both were the most consistent this season.

What I'm NOT happy with is that Face/Off used Emily in the finals during their season (her "That's so cool" or whatever the third word is in the directors chair).

I had a sneaky suspicion earlier in the season she was a finalist based on that shot alone, and had we done the pool I was going to insert her in the top three (Cig and Ben the other two) for that very reason.

I hope they're more careful with the upcoming season in June, but seeing at the very least photos all season, I was much more satisfied with the quality of work than I was last season.

Let's hope too that the upcoming season has more people who are "rabid" and want to produce top quality work, not those who feel they're half-hearting it.

The finale felt very rushed and underwhelming. I really wish they would not bring in any helpers. I would much prefer that each finalist do all their own work, but be given more days to finish their makeups. Having others doing so much work on the final makeups (especially sculpting and painting) does not represent the talents of the finalists.
    agamergirl likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

If it was based on the season overall, I think Emily should have won it. But, based on this last challenge, Cig nailed it. His characters were the most compelling and beautifully rendered. I loved the dragon character - he was gorgeous (with or without makeup), but the aging make-up on the other character nailed the win for him.
    Arielflies likes this.

Since there was no pool this season, I will consider myself the reigning Face Off pool champ and obnoxiously continue to use my awesome avatar pikachu created for me! Living in the past, baby!
    Arielflies likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread