+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 8/25 Finale Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

8/25 Finale Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Welcome to the finale! Please keep all discussion in this thread only until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 8/25 Finale Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

No one watching?

Liked it, was tense and tight but a bit too much like an Amazing Race finale.

Luv'd that Fab 3 came in third. In a straight race they are fast but I hated that they were coattail riders. Their weakness was their arrogance, that they looked down on other teams, and that they can't do puzzles.

Luv's that it looked like No Limits could have won.

Couldn't be happier with the finish. I would have been pleased with either a Gypsy or No Limits win.

Overall this was a very good finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm hoping from what you're saying that the finish was 1-Gypsies, 2-No Limits, 3-Fab 3? I had a late customer tonight and forgot to set my dvr. I've been going crazy searching for the winner! That would be about the best possible ending with the exception that I'd just as soon not have Fab 3 even in the running!

I was out tonight and completely forgot it was on, so I didn't set up the DVR before I left :-( Hopefully, it will be online or on FIOS tomorrow!

I'm pleased with the win, I like the Gypsies. Gypsies just dominated this expedition. It was always theirs to win from the first day. It was interesting that No Limits got so close. It's crazy with all their stuff that they managed 2nd place! Jeff was so cool being so happy with second place, and freely admitting that normally that wouldn't make him too happy. How could he be sad with that finish considering they came so close to having to drop out due to Ike's injury. All of them are so inspirational. Gypsies funny at the end saying maybe they shouldn't have been so quick to help No Limits. Also thrilled that Fab 3 in 3rd place. I never really liked them.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

A bit lame that the team that finished first on all legs but one ends up winning, but I like the Gypsies and am happy they won. Hoping for a second season.

FORT Fan

Normally I would have been bored with one team dominating so much, but really, the Gypsies deserved the win as much as any team/contestant on any show I've ever seen. But they've been so dern classy towards each other and the other teams as well as being able to admit their own weaknesses that it was hard not to be thrilled with their win. I'm not sure why, but except for Fab 3 and the first team eliminated, this show managed to get a load of people who could endure race stress without devolving into total jerks. And I LOVED it!!! Fighting and acting horrible to teammates and strategizing to help or hurt others is my least favorite part of the amazing race, so it was nice to see that the only drama came from working through puzzles and dealing with the hardships of the expedition. I hope in future seasons they can keep casting like this, because it was much more enjoyable to watch than squabbling all the time. And a real nailbiter-like tonight with No Limits making it so close- was all the drama a truly good show needs!

Nanarama-Fab 3 was following the Gypsies up to a point, with No Limits far behind, but then they decided they needed to 'make a big move', went off on their own, got lost, and apparently just gave up. No Limits was WAY behind the other two and very nearly caught up to the Gypsies right at the end.

The one real complaint I have about the series as a whole, and I said it in the thread for the very first episode, is that they beat to death the subject of Erik's blindness in the first episode. It really made it seem like they were setting it up as "Oh, let's give the blind dude a round of applause for managing to put his shoes on the right feet in the morning." The saying actions speak louder than words is very true here-we were all more impressed with Erik (and Ike and Jeff for being his eyes) the longer the season went on, there was no reason to harp on it so much early on. And as Jeff pointed out, there came a time when Erik was the second most inspirational person on the team! Love all those guys, and I'm proud that someone like Ike is protecting the country. And as I said, I liked all the teams except Fab 3 and the first eliminated for being able to work through difficult challenges without screaming and being petty towards each other. Congrats to the Gypsies, and I like that they really formed a true friendship with No Limits
    Endit likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm also very happy with the ending.

The host seemed to try to get Erik to say he was there to prove something to people about how blind people are tough competitors... but Erik dodged that neatly. He admitted being happy he proved things to himself and was hoping to inspire other blind people. He gave the impression that "proving something" to the seeing masses was not a part of his purpose. LOVE that.

I was wondering in the end what Akbar's (?) injury actually was when he fell off the horse in the first leg.

Overall I'm happy it ended like it did. I'm happy with the extremely low dose of Fab 3 in generally at the end of this episode. Once they wandered off and got lost you didn't really see much of them. Granted I was flipping back and forth but I don't recall seeing them do any part of that last part of the race where they had to find the puzzle and what not.

I'm still disappointed that they made this like amazing race instead of an adventure race straight through. Though I think if it was an adventure race straight through it would have been Gypsies and No Limits dominating all the way through. But I still would have preferred that sort of race. I don't like the starting over after a nights sleep and everyone at the same spot essentially once they finish the legs.

I was amazed that Erik rode that horse without Jeff using a guide rope.

I was also surprised with all those horses who didn't want to be mounted.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast