+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 8/18 Show Discussion Thread ***spoilers***

FORT Regular

Re: 8/18 Show Discussion Thread ***spoilers***

I too am a huge fan of No Limits. They truly inspire me, all three of them. I was yelling last night for them go run faster to beat The Cops. So happy that they made the final four. I would love to see the Gypsies and No Limits in final two with the Gypsies winning because I really think they deserve it. I don't know if you folks know but Erik has a website and he writes blogs about the expedition. In it, it said that the Gypsies and No Limits are having a joint watch party in Colorado next week with the Executive Producer, Lisa Hennessy and the host, Dave Salmoni in attendance. Only 500 people maximum, selling ticketts and proceeds will go to Erik's and the Gypsies' charities. This is quite admirable of both teams. Obviously the friendship between these teams went beyond the show.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't have a problem with teams forming alliances and helping each other in challenges. It's part of the strategy of playing a game. You always have to worry that the team you help progress could end up beating you in the final challenge. Plus, you may help another team out in their time of need and then when you need them, they don't come through for you. Also, helping a team you have an alliance with can put your own team behind. I've seen times on the Amazing Race where one team stayed to help another team finish a challenge and ended up coming in last themselves and going home. It's a risk that may or may not pay off for the teams.

It depends, too, on the degree to which teams help each other. Giving someone a hint to a clue is not as bad as doing the task for them. When the Firemen helped the California Girls with the key challenge, one of the guys helped her detangle her lines and gave her verbal instructions on how to throw the rope but he didn't do it for her. The Gypsies didn't outright tell No Limits what the word was in the challenge on the last episode. They just gave the hint "Where do you keep your money?" and let them figure it out. I think that kind of help is acceptable.

I really don't like Fab Three. They're disrespectful to each other and the other teams. I couldn't help but think how hypocritical it was when one of them complained about the Gypsies helping No Limits when they themselves helped the Football Players. Like someone else said, they act like they're entitled to win and how dare anyone else try their hardest to win. I hope they really screw up on the next episode and get eliminated. I would root for anyone but them to win.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, wow, I want to go that party... too far for me though. Why do the words "joint party" just pop when you are talking about Gypsies or No Limits?

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    I really don't like Fab Three. They're disrespectful to each other and the other teams. I couldn't help but think how hypocritical it was when one of them complained about the Gypsies helping No Limits when they themselves helped the Football Players. Like someone else said, they act like they're entitled to win and how dare anyone else try their hardest to win. I hope they really screw up on the next episode and get eliminated. I would root for anyone but them to win.
    I definitely get a measure of jealousy from the Fab 3 there. Like, they wanted to be the inspiring ones, and it's not happening.
    The funny thing is, if they acted even remotely decent most of the time, I WOULD find them inspiring. What they have been able to accomplish with their lack of experience and their various illnesses has been really amazing. It's hard to acknowledge it when they act like snotty little jealous jerks though. Too bad.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 08-19-2011 at 05:08 PM.

For those like me who have come to love No Limits, you might enjoy their audition tape found through an easy search on Youtube. They were originally going to be called "No Bounderies." The tape is as awesome as they are! Funny and interesting at the same time.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I actually liked Fab Three in the earlier episodes. They seemed to be having fun along the way, experiencing new things and cracking jokes about their situation. Then they turned sour and have been very hard to watch. You may be right, spockwhat, that they wanted to be seen as the inspiring team and when they became overshadowed by the Gypsies and No Limits, it brought out something ugly in them.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I actually liked Fab Three in the earlier episodes. They seemed to be having fun along the way, experiencing new things and cracking jokes about their situation. Then they turned sour and have been very hard to watch. You may be right, spockwhat, that they wanted to be seen as the inspiring team and when they became overshadowed by the Gypsies and No Limits, it brought out something ugly in them.
    I liked them earlier on as well. And they were the strongest team with a female so I loved seeing them do so well. It wasn't until AJ got sick that things started getting a little sour and animosity within the team grew. Now, I just want them to shut up.

I just watched this episode last night, and wow!! Those challenges were brutal, requiring a massive amount of physical endurance. None of those challenges were easy, especially entering those caves!!! I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for Ike with his injured foot.

I did feel sorry for the Cops, but I just don't understand why they didn't realize that there was a clue hidden in the vase. Did they do an interview after they were eliminated? If so, did they address this question?

I really do like and admire the guys in No Limits, but I don't think that they have any chance of winning this last leg of the race, but I really really wish that they would at least beat the Fab 3 to the finish line. Wouldn't that be fun to watch? However, that is not very likely given how the Fab 3 seem to be getting stronger and continue to finish close behind the Gypsies. So, I would rather see the Gypsies come in first and not the Fab 3. I have been impressed with how the Gypsies have handled themselves during this race and love how they have been cheering for No Limits all along the way. They seem like they are very nice guys. So, I won't be disappointed if they cross the finish line first.

I think I would also be happier if each team started each leg time wise head of the others like they do in Amazing Race. I don't like that the lead team only has a 3 minutes lead on the other teams.
    NCLurker likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

I was going to DVR the finale and couldn't find it listed. It's being prempted here due to preseason football. Now, don't get me wrong, I love some NFL football, but really. Now I've got to go look again to see if it's even listed on the schedule for the time are local station is saying it will air. UGH!

I only managed to catch the last ten minutes on the broadcast night. So, I saw the photo finish, and I knew who the final four teams were. Now, however, I have had time to watch (online) the whole episode. More than ever, I do not want Fab 3 to win.

I've softened towards them just a little bit, but I still don't want them to take the prize. Their attitude -- well the sibs, anyway -- has been too mean and petulant. Wow, if you contrast them with every single other team (beyond the first team eliminated), they just so obviously have no graciousness to them at all.

I'm rooting foremost for Gypsies, I've just been so taken with them from the beginning. I wouldn't mind if No Limits beat them (although I'd be amazed, something would have to go badly wrong, I think).

I think the order will be Gypsies #1, Fab 3 at #2, Footballers at #3, and No Limits at the final #4 spot. Although, with some luck (which seems variable), No Limits could be 3rd. It looks like there will be horses again, which will be a boon for Ike's leg (and John's, for that matter). So it could be anyone's game -- but I would be content with my prediction, or with anyone but Fab 3 winning. Maybe that's MY mean and petulant streak coming out? Ryan (the 3rd of the Fab 3) has done nothing to make me dislike him (though I wonder about his taste in friends), so I will feel slightly badly for him if they are not first. But not AJ and not Kari.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast