+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 8/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

8/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Six teams left! Please keep all discussion in this thread until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 8/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Oh, wow, that was an awesome episode!

I'm really starting to tire of Fab 3 though... I kind of liked AJ up to this point, but no longer. The Fab 3 and Footballers alliance aren't making me too fond of either of those teams. My favourites for some time have been No Limits, Gypsies and the Cops... so it feels fitting that those other two teams have joined up.

With SYTYCD going two hours tonight, I missed this show. Who left? (Maybe the California Girls since they weren't mentioned by spockwhat?)

No episode on tonight there was football instead.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

We got an episode here in Canada... but I hate to spoil it for anyone if you won't get it until next week.

I'll leave it up to you:

Click to see Spoiler:

Yes, the Cali girls were eliminated in a close finish against another team. It was an exciting episode.

California girls are CLEARLY out of their league. Even from the start it was a bit apparant. It was funny how they always managed to slip back no matter what their position. Especially when they talk about teamwork but completely disintegrate into separate tasks when given a challenge (happened twice this episode). They've escaped destiny on multiple occassions but it's caught up.

I'm over the entire show though but I will finish it to the end. The episode before this one poved how ridiculous this whole thing is. I don't see the point... they all seem to be like "I've got to prove to all the people that doubted me that I'm strong. I also need to prove this to myself, the other competitors, my dog, that hobo who lives a block down the street, my cell phone." It feels so ego driven. Yuck. I also think these challenges are ridiculous... hike 5 miles, then kayak another 2, then, then, then. And the prizes are a joke compared to the amount of work needed to be done... only a 3 minute headstart, NO Travelocity trips like TAR, and only $50,000 and an SUV for winning the entire thing!? SUVS are expensive gas guzzling monster cars... they could have chosen anything else. And I think something has to be said about allowing a blind man to compete. I don't care how good he is or if their team wins it all. It's still a handycap, especially when you factor in kayaking, visual challenges, etc. Like I said, I don't care if they CAN do them but he's preventing no limits from reaching their true limit and I think he should not have been allowed to compete. But like I said before, it goes back to "I must do this, I must prove this to ________". Yeah, I know I sound negative, but it just sounds much worse when I write it out.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-12-2011 at 02:13 AM.

Endit, many of the things you mentioned are exactly what I love about this show.

This is an outdoor endurance show and the hike 5 miles, kayak 2, sail, rapal, etc. are all challenges to test that endurance and the skills of the competitors. I enjoy seeing how the teams face these grueling days and how they work through them. I agree that the prizes could be better, but it is the contestants choice to accept those terms. Perhaps the prizes are weak because it is a fledgling show... if it is successful (I hope) hopefully the prizes will improve.
    As for Erik competing... that is also the choice of the competitors. Who in that group can say they've climbed Everest? I think that the kind of experience that Erik has had far outweighs his "handicap" of being blind.
    AJ and the Fab 3 tend to talk about "proving" something... but I don't get that from the Gypsies and I don't hear it from No Limits either really. But I don't like the Fab 3 anyway so that talk just adds to that. What the Fab 3 really need to prove is they actually care about each other even a tiny bit.
    The Cops talked about being the dark horse this leg, and that they are undermined, but I think they called it perfectly

What I really miss is Ecochallenge, but this show is a nice alternative and I hope it does well enough for a second season!
    Go No Limits!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Endit, many of the things you mentioned are exactly what I love about this show.

This is an outdoor endurance show and the hike 5 miles, kayak 2, sail, rapal, etc. are all challenges to test that endurance and the skills of the competitors. I enjoy seeing how the teams face these grueling days and how they work through them. I agree that the prizes could be better, but it is the contestants choice to accept those terms. Perhaps the prizes are weak because it is a fledgling show... if it is successful (I hope) hopefully the prizes will improve.
    As for Erik competing... that is also the choice of the competitors. Who in that group can say they've climbed Everest? I think that the kind of experience that Erik has had far outweighs his "handicap" of being blind.
    AJ and the Fab 3 tend to talk about "proving" something... but I don't get that from the Gypsies and I don't hear it from No Limits either really. But I don't like the Fab 3 anyway so that talk just adds to that. What the Fab 3 really need to prove is they actually care about each other even a tiny bit.
    The Cops talked about being the dark horse this leg, and that they are undermined, but I think they called it perfectly

What I really miss is Ecochallenge, but this show is a nice alternative and I hope it does well enough for a second season!
    Go No Limits!
    I too miss EcoChallenge it really shows how teams can work together and not snip and slash at each other like Fab 3. I don't feel as I even know all the members of each team on this show. Last week was the first time I hear from each of the footballers and thankfully they showed the two that are not Akbar. I have never seen the female cop speak, I have no clue as to who she is or the other male cop. I only know the brother and sister of Fab 3 and wish that both of them would fall of a cliff. I don't like them. They are annoying as anything and come across as selfish me me me me's. Now I really do miss EcoChallenge. Oh, I realized that I really don't even know the individuals on the Gypsies either. Who ever is producing and editing this show is doing a terrible job.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I agree that the prizes could be better, but it is the contestants choice to accept those terms. Perhaps the prizes are weak because it is a fledgling show... if it is successful (I hope) hopefully the prizes will improve.
    Granted, the $250,000 is a pretty small sum of money to split between three people, but when Amazing Race started out, they did not have all the prizes and trips they give away these days. Like spockwhat says, that came after the show got so successul.

I love the fact that it's so physically grueling- most of the weakest teams have already been eliminated so I feel like I'd be okay with almost any team left winning. Again agree that Erik's strengths far exceed his weakness of being blind. And looking at how well Ike and Jeff act as his eyes, it becomes a very miniscule obstacle to overcome. I think the screaming that Fab 3 does is a far greater weakness than Erik being blind, or Ike hurting his ankle.

I have to say, I'd absolutely hate to lose No Limits, but I really wish Jeff or Erik would stand up and insist on taking themselves out for Ike's sake. I can't see him volunteering to quit on his own, and while that's admirable, I was cringing all while watching the episode because I was so afraid he was going to do extensive-possibly permanent-damage. And for a guy that seems like he wants to be a career soldier, that would be really bad.

I absolutely cannot stand Fab 3. I hate it here, like I hated it on AR-I don't like strategizing to be a part of this game, past the strategy of taking one route or another. On both shows, I think sharing answers NEEDS to be banned. When a team is given the answer, it opens the possibility that weaker teams will make it farther, and that makes this kind of thing less fun to watch. I think the only thing that keeps me from being incredibly irked that the football players did that is because they actually work well as a team and don't scream like Fab 3. Now those kids....I'm over them. I want them gone,

I really wish the producers had given the audience a way to get to know the participants better. If they do the show again perhaps a 90 minute format with some time spent filming at the end of the day while they are in camp and interacting with other who give us better insight into what these people are really like.

I feel I have gotten to know No Limits and The Gypsies the best because they have blogs and web sites. Those 2 teams are my favorites.

The Fab 3 are really, really, irritating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast