+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 8/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 8/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The episode is apparently online (I say apparently, as I am just starting to watch it). If you missed it, you might want to get caught up that way.

Never Give Up Full Episode - Expedition Impossible - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    No episode on tonight there was football instead.
    Here, football was on CBS last night and Expedition Impossible was on ABC. But I was watching STYYCD and recording Project Runway ;-) EI should be on FIOS tonight...if not, I'll watch it this weekend.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I too miss EcoChallenge it really shows how teams can work together and not snip and slash at each other like Fab 3. I don't feel as I even know all the members of each team on this show. Last week was the first time I hear from each of the footballers and thankfully they showed the two that are not Akbar. I have never seen the female cop speak, I have no clue as to who she is or the other male cop. I only know the brother and sister of Fab 3 and wish that both of them would fall of a cliff. I don't like them. They are annoying as anything and come across as selfish me me me me's. Now I really do miss EcoChallenge. Oh, I realized that I really don't even know the individuals on the Gypsies either. Who ever is producing and editing this show is doing a terrible job.
    I agree that that is definitely a fault of this show. Just trying to think of names offhand... all I can come up with are Erik, Jeff and Ike. John from the Gypsies and AJ and Kari from Fab 3. And Akbar, but only because you mentioned him in your post. Not knowing who the individuals' names are is a real downside when you want to get to know the individuals better, not just root on a team.
    Mark Burnett is producing... and he knows his stuff. Hopefully, if there is a second season, he'll have the editors improve that aspect of the show.

Despite some flaws, this show still has me completely hooked. I really really hope for a second season with some of the kinks ironed out.

Can someone explain to me how the Cali girls ever finished that last quest when they didn't know how many teeth an adult human had? That was bad editing. (They kept using 28 as the base number when it should have been 32. There were several ways that this could have been resolved, but they didn't show us any of them.)

I agree that some things are lacking...I really do like this show and hope it comes back, but with more information!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Endit, many of the things you mentioned are exactly what I love about this show.
    That's ok. If we all liked the same thing there would never be any innovation. The ego, it was most apparant at the beginning, now it's subtle, like reading through the lines.

Sharing answers should never be allowed, BUT then there is the grey area of all working "together" on something... what if you all are solving something in the vicinity of each other and somebody accidentily gives it away? The teams are quite close a lot. Also what if you make it easier or give a general clue to something like when the Gypsies found that symbol in the distance? Once they left everybody flocked over there. I was hoping they'd spend a minute looking somewhere else to throw them off their trail. And what about genuinely working together with another team... that isn't exactly giving them an answer if they are contributing as well. I don't think leaving a challenge and flat out telling somebody else should be allowed though.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

If the Cali Girls had not seen how No Limits solved the last puzzle, they'd still be there! All;s well that ends well because had No Limits gone home last week, I probably quit wattching. I felt better about Ike's foot once he was told it wasn't broken and they casted it. If I had heard the doctor say, you will do permanent damage by continuing on," I would've felt more strongly that they should quit. I don't know medicine, but from what I've gathered, he's mostly having to soldier on through intense pain, yes, but it doesn't appear to be something that will change his mobility in the future.

I am happy that No Limits is still in this - I think. I think it's admirable that Ike is still going but hope he doesn't do permanent damage. I don't think they'd let him continue if that were the case. If he says his pain is a level 10 out of 10 it must hurt like crazy. He's been through a lot already and I'm sure he's not making it up.

I wish an all girls team was still there, but those Cali Girls were a mess. If they had stopped to follow directions as the one suggested (I don't know the individual names very well either) then they might have had a chance. They said they were there for an hour and a half.

Fab 3 is just irritating me to no end and I wish the football team hadn't joined up with them. I don't mind helping other teams as much as it bothers me that they aren't more competitive and want to beat the best teams. I'm sure in their minds they are being competitive by trying to get the stronger teams off, but IMO it just makes them look all that much weaker. You don't see the Gypsies or No Limits trying to get other teams eliminated, just them trying to beat other teams. To me it says something about not only their competitive natures, but their character as well. If I win by the other person scratching on the eight ball, it might be counted as a win, but not by me. It just means the other person lost, not that I won. I know the rules of the game count it as a win, but I'd rather win by actually winning than win by the other person losing.

I really like this show and hope it comes back again. I loved Eco Challenge and I love TAR. I hope the prizes improve, but over-all for the first season it's pretty good. I do agree they could do a better job of letting us meet the people. I will admit that even on TAR I sometimes have trouble learning teammates names, especially at the beginning and there are probably some I never learned which was which of the team members, but I think I at least learn more of all their personalities this far into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Granted, the $250,000 is a pretty small sum of money to split between three people, but when Amazing Race started out, they did not have all the prizes and trips they give away these days. Like spockwhat says, that came after the show got so successul.
    I believe that the winners of the last leg of the race only get $50,000 each plus a brand new Ford Explorer. And it is only the members of that team who actually cross the finish line that get the prize. So, I guess technically that a team member could be competing in the last leg of the race and become injured and have to remove themselves from the race - thus only the team members who cross the line at the end will be awarded the prizes.

Anyway, I agree that the prize money is quite small - considering what the teams have had to face so far. It appears that Ike has been risking further injury to his ankle for a cash prize of only $50,000. Once taxes are taken out of that, he won't have much left. But I doubt that he is there for the monetary prizes anyway, judging from what I have seen so far.

What I liked about Eco challenge and don't like about this show is that with eco challenge you get your start point and your check points or whatever and it's up to you to pace yourself and make it to the end. If that means going through the night so be it. There was none of this meeting up every night and finishing. That's too much like the amazing race to me and I really don't like that show.

I would like to see an honest adventure race show again that shows teams figuring it out start to finish with out these arbitrary challenges and starting the race all over again every single episode. I like watching my friends do adventure races and I used to love when the one would come through here every year. And this just isn't like that to me. It's too much game show and too little adventure race.

I really wish on some of these challenges the teams would be set far enough from each other that teams who don't have a clue can watch and figure out what the other team is doing instead of figuring out themselves.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast