+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8-4 Show Discussion

FORT Fan

8-4 Show Discussion

Man, I wish more people were watching this! I'm really loving it!

Gotta say, with Erik doing so well and just generally being amazing, it's not hard to overlook a lot of what the other two guys on No Limits are doing (even though I have been awed at how good they are at communicating information to Erik) But then Ike goes and possibly breaks his foot and as Jeff put it, "Unbelievably Erik just became the second most inspiring guy on the team" I kept cringing the whole leg and hoping either he would call it or one of the other two would put their foot down and pull themselves out of the race. He HAD to be doing even more damage, but it definitely is a comfort knowing there are guys like him protecting the country. And I felt so bad that his injury came at such a ridiculous time. I know how embarassing it is to injure yourself in a silly way-like the guy from Fab 3 put it, it would at least have been less disappointing if it came racing to the finish instead of slipping off a curb.

Speaking of Fab 3, I was hoping they'd go tonight. I like the two guys, they've been such troopers and had good attitudes, but that girl is awful! On the other hand, the country boys' elimination is entirely due to the one guy being so incredibly out of shape. He's been dragging their team down the whole race, it was bound to happen. I wonder if the other two reegret doing this with him and not someone who could actually walk up a hill.

Last thought for now-I like the Gypsies, but I really hate how cocky they got tonight. Stopping for a moment to admire the view is one thing, stopping to drink tea with the locals is just horrible.

Re: 8-4 Show Discussion

I watch this but just don't have much to discuss about it usually. Still makes me miss eco-challenge a lot and it's starting to remind me more of amazing race than an adventure race. I never liked amazing race at all. The challenges in all these stages make it feel that way to me though and I'm just less and less into it because of that. Show me an adventure race plain and simple.

That being said. I feel for no limits since many of these challenges appear to be sight based and at the end of the day regardless of athleticism winning is heavily dependent on how one does on the arbitrary challenges.

I felt "eh" about the gypsies. The only team I'm really enjoying watching is no limits at this point because I just like how they present themselves better and I like listening to their commentary and their views on stuff. The other teams annoy me to one degree or another and I could take or leave the gypsies. Though tonight with the tea thing I felt that came off as a little arrogant an annoying.

FORT Regular

The Gypsies are winning too many stages and look as though they have this in the bag. For that reason I think that ultimately they will not win the expedition due to an error in the last leg and either No Limits or Fab 3 will win. These are the only teams I see possibly winning, however, as the California Girls can't run and Football Payers and Cops take forever to spot things and can't make up time well.

I would love to watch this, it's scheduled against 2 of my no-miss shows.

Who went home?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

[QUOTE=mom2;4353212]I would love to watch this, it's scheduled against 2 of my no-miss shows.

Who went home?[/QUOTE

The Countryboys went home tonight.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Man, I wish more people were watching this! I'm really loving it!

Gotta say, with Erik doing so well and just generally being amazing, it's not hard to overlook a lot of what the other two guys on No Limits are doing (even though I have been awed at how good they are at communicating information to Erik) But then Ike goes and possibly breaks his foot and as Jeff put it, "Unbelievably Erik just became the second most inspiring guy on the team" I kept cringing the whole leg and hoping either he would call it or one of the other two would put their foot down and pull themselves out of the race. He HAD to be doing even more damage, but it definitely is a comfort knowing there are guys like him protecting the country. And I felt so bad that his injury came at such a ridiculous time. I know how embarassing it is to injure yourself in a silly way-like the guy from Fab 3 put it, it would at least have been less disappointing if it came racing to the finish instead of slipping off a curb.

Speaking of Fab 3, I was hoping they'd go tonight. I like the two guys, they've been such troopers and had good attitudes, but that girl is awful! On the other hand, the country boys' elimination is entirely due to the one guy being so incredibly out of shape. He's been dragging their team down the whole race, it was bound to happen. I wonder if the other two reegret doing this with him and not someone who could actually walk up a hill.

Last thought for now-I like the Gypsies, but I really hate how cocky they got tonight. Stopping for a moment to admire the view is one thing, stopping to drink tea with the locals is just horrible.
    Count me as LOVING this show as well.

As for No Limits... in some ways, I find Jeff the most inspiring person on that team. He leads Erik so effortlessly and positively and his support of Ike quitting was sincere and honest. He leads and passes all the credit to his other two team mates. I just love that team, period.

I also really like the Gypsies. Stopping for tea was not something I would do in the middle of a race, in the lead or no, but I respect that they are trying to enjoy the moment. Even the one who didn't want to stop for tea was happy that they did in the end, and they all seem to enjoy meeting the people at the locales they visit. I can't hold their success against them, though I wish the producers had casted a group that didn't have such a dominant team (but perhaps the producers couldn't fortell they would be this good!) I also loved that the Gypsies give the other teams all due respect and never count a team out. I won't forget their gift of the videos to No Limits either.

The only two teams I'm not crazy about are Fab 3 and the Cali Girls. I like the Cali's and are happy there is an all-girl team in it, but they have been helped so much through this race so far. I need to see them stand on their own feet for a few more shows, maybe.
    Fab 3... well, I really don't like Kari. I find it annoying that she passed on challenges when her brother was sick (making him do them) but as soon as a fun challenge comes up (like the sky diving) she's all over that. She's selfish, plain and simple, and it even comes out in her P.I's. Her comments last evening that "'I'm so glad I'm still in this race because I' blah... blah... blah", just cement how firmly that she is all about herself and doesn't really give a crap about her team. She annoys me really awfully.

Just started watching this show three weeks ago and now I'm hooked. Like everyone else, I'm loving "No Limits." Fab Three drove me crazy last night when they couldn't solve the "Kasbah" puzzle. It's funny that several of the teams looked at it for jsust a few minutes and had the answer, while they went as far as hiking to get a useless clue and still didn't get it for what seemed to be a long time. What I don't totally understand is what keeps a team from just following behind another team who did get the clue if it's the same destination for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    ...What I don't totally understand is what keeps a team from just following behind another team who did get the clue if it's the same destination for everyone.
    I wondered about that, too. Perhaps the camera crew has to record them solving the puzzle or finding the symbol.

I love No Limits, but suspect this next week will be their last.

This is my new favorite reality show. I like all the teams that are left, but after last night the Fab 3 are my least favorite.

I'm with everyone else, I don't like Fab 3. The brother and sister are annoying and I just want to throw both of them off a mountain. I do not want them to win.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast