+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pretlitdev

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

7/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Welcome back for more craziness! Please keep all discussion here until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 7/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I was quite distracted during the show. But I figured it would be the Cali Girls or the Fishermen going. Bye-bye Fishermen.

I thought last nights show was very entertaining. I'm glad the California girls are still in the race. It was funny seeing how completely dumb the fishermen were when it came to the rug challenge.

Erik is such an inspiration. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do a lot of what they have to do and I'm not blind. I think it's amazing how well the system is that he and his teammates have. Dave's comment at the end was great 'he's like a superhero' and (Jeff?) saying yes, he's SuperBlind!

I felt bad for the fishermen. It wasn't their day for sure. However, I'm happy for the Cali girls that they are still in it.

FORT Fan

I'm more and more amazed at No Limits as well. I said in an earlier thread, I really wish they hadn't beat us over the head with Erik's blindness in the very first episode with everyone saying how they were in awe of him just competing period because they really could have just let his actions on the race speak for themselves. I also have to admire his teammates. I know they said they've been doing stuff like this together for 20 years, but it really is incredible to see them looking at the terrain around them and thinking as a blind person. Its as much their skill in relaying information to Erik as his courage that they've been doing so well. It really hit me when they were running (!) down those long stairs and they were just shouting how many steps he had to take on each stair and he was trusting them completely and not hesitating for even a second. Very cool to see their teamwork.
    Hyper and spockwhat like this.

I don't know how well this show is doing in the ratings, but I look forward to watching it each week.

It is simply amazing watching these teams do all of those difficult and often dangerous legs of the race. I am surprised each week that someone else doesn't get hurt. And Eric is absolutely amazing!!!

That was crazy how well he took those stairs. I was wondering how long they had been working together because I knew that had to be tons of practice the way he was calling out not just how many steps but how big of steps they were too. Later his teammate said 20 years of working together, that explains a lot. I agree that it's their help and his trust. I think the whole thing is amazing. His friend saying he had to try to keep the emotion out of his voice to not freak Erik out. I couldn't believe when they jumped off the cliff together, the orchestration that took to get Erik to put his feet in the exact right spot, while not tumbling off before it was time was scary but beautiful to watch.

Erik is amazing...when I watch him having the courage to try all these crazy things that most "seeing" people wouldn't even try, I am somewhat ashamed of myself for all the times I didn't even have the courage to try at all or to press forward in something I started but was fearful to finish, giving up so easily in defeat. He is truly an inspiration!

+ Reply to Thread