+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

7/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Welcome back, all 3 of you watching! Please keep all talk in this thread until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 7/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Wow...quiet in here tonight ;-)

I couldn't believe that not one but TWO teams didn't read the clue (map?) correctly and threw their fossils away. Duh.

And I kinda wonder about the gypsy who hurt himself. My son "popped" his ankle at an exercise camp in May and was on crutches for 3 weeks with a torn ligament. Yet he hardly limped at all for the remained of the trek to the finish line. I don't know if they really wanted another team to come in first (and didn't want to say so) or if they were so far behind that they wouldn't have been able to catch up. Or if he really did hurt his ankle (given that they showed it all wrapped up at the end). But it was really nice of them to give the "call from home" to No Limits.

Too bad the fireman had to leave, but at this point, I like all the teams.

I enjoyed last nights episode. What amuses me is that, in spite of all the punishing, difficult days, the teams are still saying they don't want to go home. If that were me I'd be screaming "Get me out of here!" .

I was glad to see another team win. I love the Gypsies, but it was getting to be a one team show. When the Gypsies gave up their reward to No Limits, I thought that showed real class!

Good to see the California Girls still playing, but I did feel bad for the NY Firemen. There seem to have a lot of contestants on this show that have class and character.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm glad another team came in first for once. Personally, it ticked me off that the Gypsies were trying so hard to pass Fab Three at the end. They've already come in first so many times and they were only a few minutes behind them so it's not like letting them get in first would jeopardize their standing in the game.

It was nice of the Gypsies in the earlier leg, though, when they let Team No Limits have their prize of a message from home. I had a feeling the Gypsies were going to do that.

I was really hoping the California Girls would be going home instead of the New York firemen but they screwed themselves getting so far behind the other teams in opening up the starting clue. And that was even after the California Girls tried to give them a tip about how to open it. I don't think that the California Girls help was equivalent to what the firefighter did for them at the earlier episode. The firefighters stayed behind and made sure the girls were able to finish the challenge before moving on. In return, all the California Girls did was say a few brief words and keep on truckin' instead of sticking around until the firefighters got it. It's a game and I know teams aren't required to help each other but it seems to me the girls could have done a bit more for the firefighters.

It was idiotic for the two teams to leave their fossils behind before they went to the market. Did they not read the instructions??? Then when they came back to try again, one of the teams told a just-arriving team why they were back and advised them to make sure they took their rock with them. I wouldn't have given them any information! It's possible (but not likely) that another team might have made the same mistake they did, putting them behind and giving the teams that had to go back a chance to get ahead again.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm glad another team came in first for once. Personally, it ticked me off that the Gypsies were trying so hard to pass Fab Three at the end. They've already come in first so many times and they were only a few minutes behind them so it's not like letting them get in first would jeopardize their standing in the game.

It was nice of the Gypsies in the earlier leg, though, when they let Team No Limits have their prize of a message from home. I had a feeling the Gypsies were going to do that.

I was really hoping the California Girls would be going home instead of the New York firemen but they screwed themselves getting so far behind the other teams in opening up the starting clue. And that was even after the California Girls tried to give them a tip about how to open it. I don't think that the California Girls help was equivalent to what the firefighter did for them at the earlier episode. The firefighters stayed behind and made sure the girls were able to finish the challenge before moving on. In return, all the California Girls did was say a few brief words and keep on truckin' instead of sticking around until the firefighters got it. It's a game and I know teams aren't required to help each other but it seems to me the girls could have done a bit more for the firefighters.

It was idiotic for the two teams to leave their fossils behind before they went to the market. Did they not read the instructions??? Then when they came back to try again, one of the teams told a just-arriving team why they were back and advised them to make sure they took their rock with them. I wouldn't have given them any information! It's possible (but not likely) that another team might have made the same mistake they did, putting them behind and giving the teams that had to go back a chance to get ahead again.
    Yes, I do think the Cali Girls should have helped the Firemen a bit more, but the Firemen also said several times that they suck at challenges.

Yeap, I agree with not telling another team about the fossils. Still, why would they think they didn't have to do something with the fossil?

I do remember on Amazing Race that there were several seasons where one team would dominate the competition constantly coming in first but the one time they needed, which was at the finish line, they came in second. Still to me this is a very long endurance race and the most important thing is to pace yourself and not injure yourself that way you still have enough energy to use in the last and most important leg of the race.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am surprised that there aren't many people watching this show. Right now there isn't much else on TV to watch that isn't a rerun, and I am actually enjoying this show. I think that there is enough differences between it and the Amazing Race to make it unique. It certainly offers the hardest physical challenges that I have ever seen anyone have to do. I know that I would have never lasted this long, and I am surprised that there haven't been more injuries and sickness among the teams. I probably would have been sick just going from scorching hot weather to having to battle the extreme freezing weather in the next challenge. I don't think that the monetary prize and new Ford Explorer at the end seem like enough for all that they are being asked to face.

I dvr it and watch Big Brother. I agree, I do like this show and in my opinion it is different enough from Amazing Race to keep my interest. I gave up on Amazing Race, just got tired of it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

IIRC, when the Fireman helped the Cali girls earlier in the season, it was halfway thru a two-part leg. This was the final part of this leg and whoever came in last was going home.

I thought it was nice of the girls to offer the hint. I didn't expect them to stick around.

I'm watching but I'm just catching up from being gone for 3 weeks. I've watched 3 or is it 4 episodes this week I'm really loving the show. I told my sister it's a cross between Eco Challenge and Amazing Race. Obviously it's a grueling race.

I didn't necessarily care that Team Gypsies was winning all the legs, but to try to pass after the mistake was just asking for the injury. They are a strong enough team that I think they could easily make up the 3 min lead on a different day. They are competitive, so they want to win every leg but it wasn't in their best interest at that point.

I wish the firemen could have stayed, but happy the last remaining all-female team is still there. That's one glaring difference between this and Eco Challenge, on that show they had to have at least one female on the team. I was really disappointed when Team Kansas left too.

How amazing is the blind guy (Eric? how terrible I don't know his name, but to be fair I don't know any of the names!)

I don't know who said it (or actually if it was this episode or the previous one) but I liked when someone said they should have expected it would be hard with the name "Impossible" in the title. That's a paraphrase, but I thought it was good.

I'm watching, I think it is a great show. I like all the teams, but would really like No Limits to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast