+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

7/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Welcome! Please keep all discussion in this thread until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 7/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I am absolutely pissed. Country Boys should have been disqualified for running the mule. I hope next week we see Kansas Girls returning and Chad leaving. What a big wuss.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am absolutely pissed. Country Boys should have been disqualified for running the mule. I hope next week we see Kansas Girls returning and Chad leaving. What a big wuss.
    I couldn't believe nothing was said, especially after the guy from the Fab 3 who was so incredibly sick walked the entire way. If anyone should have ridden the mule, he should have.

(And I never would have made it through either of those challenges. I can walk a really long way if it's flat or has a slight incline, but I'd take forever to climb a mountain.)

Chad is a big baby and I felt so sorry for the one Fab 3 guy who was sick and his sister was such a witch to him the whole expedition tonight

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    Chad is a big baby and I felt so sorry for the one Fab 3 guy who was sick and his sister was such a witch to him the whole expedition tonight
    Seriously, she was a witch. As long as they are not last what is the problem.

Felt for Team Kansas tonight, I think they did well overall in spite of things. I didn't know that riding the mule was not allowed, and do think that's unfair. IMHO it's not right to use an animal for transportation unless the person is injured in these things (country boy was just having trouble breathing from the altitute).

The way they're doing the editing, I think the Gypsies in the end are NOT going to win. It'd be too predictable.

Next week looks interesting - we may be seeing our first team to have to withdraw from the race.

I think the Firemen were really nice, waiting and helping the girls at the top of the mountain. I would have given the big headed fireman a big teddy hug all night

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Felt for Team Kansas tonight, I think they did well overall in spite of things. I didn't know that riding the mule was not allowed, and do think that's unfair. IMHO it's not right to use an animal for transportation unless the person is injured in these things (country boy was just having trouble breathing from the altitute).

The way they're doing the editing, I think the Gypsies in the end are NOT going to win. It'd be too predictable.

Next week looks interesting - we may be seeing our first team to have to withdraw from the race.
    At this point we really don't know if riding the mule is allowed. It's that none of the other teams did it and it just looked like a cope out for Chad to do so when there were several other people with issues. One of the Fab 3 had a bad knee, AJ was sick and that one girl from either the Kansas team of California Girls was also having problems with the altitude but they all got through. The only justice that truly exists is that Chad will be jeered unmercifully for a long long time about his lack of stamina.

I, too, felt that the mule riding was possibly cheating, but since we don't know what rules there are, it's kind of hard to tell.

However, altitude sickness is no joke. Some people don't have any issue. Some are killed by it. Check out this link: Acute mountain sickness - PubMed Health

I don't feel like jeering at Chad at all. Makes me wonder what precautions they're taking on this show. Are there med techs along? Are they carrying oxygen?

I'm guessing that none of the participants had the time or money to go somewhere with higher altitudes (like Denver?) to spend some time getting acclimated.

That night of camping with the tents blowing away and sleeping in the snow was horrible too. The crew couldn't do a better job of providing shelter? Or finding a better place if that one was so awful.

I had some mountain sickness the two times I've been in the mountains. It's seriously not fun and I felt for all these folks who were trying to work with it. Though riding the mule just was silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast