+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

7/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Welcome! Please keep all discussion in this thread only until midnight EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 7/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Everyone must be over watching Big Brother tonight!
    I came in late, so am recording BB and have EI on in the background while dinner gets ready. Seems like it's a very difficult leg. Some of them were really hurting!

That was one tough dual leg (that took place in a one-hour show, no less). I wondered why no one checked the current/wind direction and then realized (when Grandpa did) that they just didn't know any better. I was sorry they ended up in last (although at least it was't another all-girl team!).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was bummed, too, that Grandpa's team ended up last. It wasn't his fault that they came in last--he was the champion of his team! He managed to get them ahead of two other teams at one point because of his nautical skill but then his team of crybabies dragged them right back down to last place. He had a good attitude about it, though. I would be proud to have a grandpa like him!

Mackenzie sure looks older than 18. If she hadn't kept repeating her age, I would have guessed she was in her 30's.

Those were some surly camels the teams had to deal with! I feel sorry for the people who had to walk their camels the whole 3 miles to the river where they built their rafts.

Huh? Grandpa's Warriors were crybabies, except for Grandpa? I didn't see his son crying; when did you? His granddaughter was crying, certainly. Hypothermia hurts. But, though I heard her crying, I didn't hear her whining and wanting to quit. Not impressed that she was in enough pain to be crying, and her teeth chattering so loud you could hear them on camera, but she kept on going? No, I don't know them and I'm not related. I just think "crybabies" was mean and very uncalled for. I know I couldn't do that.

Grandpa was certainly impressive for his age. They never showed the son/dad saying a word, which I thought was weird.

Hurray for the Gypsies once again.

Horrible horrible camels. Whoever provided them should not be paid. They weren't just uncooperative, they were dangerous.

FORT Regular

This is a seriously disturbing show. Tough competition is one thing, but unlike "Amazing Race," "Survivor," etc., these contestants are being put in genuine physical danger. At least two contestants tonight were almost kicked by camels, and it looked like one was almost stomped. Just falling off or getting thrown by a camel means a long fall to hard ground. And even the guides couldn't control their own animals. It looks like the producers are doing this on the cheap, without the planning and supervision that we have seen on other shows.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm sorry you see my comments that way, Lucy.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-08-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    This is a seriously disturbing show. Tough competition is one thing, but unlike "Amazing Race," "Survivor," etc., these contestants are being put in genuine physical danger. At least two contestants tonight were almost kicked by camels, and it looked like one was almost stomped. Just falling off or getting thrown by a camel means a long fall to hard ground. And even the guides couldn't control their own animals. It looks like the producers are doing this on the cheap, without the planning and supervision that we have seen on other shows.
    I agree. This show isn't nearly as entertaining as it should/could be. It's just way too harsh, IMO. I don't know if I will continue to watch. Probably not. It's not fun. It's dangerous.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't mind the show. I just don't think that the participants are physically prepared for the challenges. I felt that the daughter/granddaughter of Grandpa's Warriors was the obvious weak link. Grandpa and Father/Son were obviously the two who were in shape.

As far as MakKenzie missing her prom. Really? If it was that important you should have stayed home, otherwise, SUCK IT UP. She is so whinny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree about McKenzie looking like she's 30, not 18. Her face is very hard. This show freaks me out! It seems crazy hard. I could see myself on Amazing Race or Survivor, but there ain't no way I'd want to do this show lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread