+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6/23 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/23 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    So it looks like everyone starts at the same time for the next leg, not like TAR where it's based on when you finished?
    Oh wow, that adds a different spin to it. Every stage is a whole new race? Leaders could change multiples times over the season.
    Does anyone know how many episodes are scheduled to air?

I liked this show, but the review I read this morning wasn't very positive - said it's too much like TAR, with too many people, some of the things were boring to watch, team names were hokey/stereotypical,and we could see who was eliminated coming a mile away because of all the screentime given them. Though they gave credit to the teams enduring what they did and to the gorgeous scenery/shots on the show.

The thing I agreed with from the review was that it's hard to get to know so many people in such a short episode - there were several featured, but so many others we didn't get to meet really. That's the fun thing about TAR, we seem to get to know their personalities pretty well, and I like that - but, that will probably come with this show too as more leave and the group gets smaller.

Who knew there was water so close to the surface of the Sahara? I guess because there was a palm tree growing there that it was sort of an oasis.

The scenery was gorgeous and I found it interesting that there was such a variety of terrain within walking and camel riding distance.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I have to admit I wondered if that palm tree was a plant. Ha - I mean the kind that was put there artificially, I know it's a "plant!" I really was surprised the by the water being so close too....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    Who knew there was water so close to the surface of the Sahara? I guess because there was a palm tree growing there that it was sort of an oasis.

The scenery was gorgeous and I found it interesting that there was such a variety of terrain within walking and camel riding distance.
    I'm pretty sure there were small cisterns buried in the sand-at least that was what it looked like when later teams got there. I imagine that otherwise they might have had to dig much deeper than a foot or so.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post

I found that interesting too. It's okay...for a summer show. It's a poor man's TAR.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

To be honest comparing Expedition Impossible to Eco Challenges is insulting. There was too much piggy backing on other people's work. I didn't like that the other teams especially the footballers took advantage of Fab 3 finding the water. I wish that they could arrange it so one team can't see what the other team is doing. I am thoroughly unimpressed with many of the teams. The premise sounds like the teams had some experience doing these type of races or some skill sets that would apply. The only teams that seem ready for this are the Gypsies and No Limits. The 2 army girls may also have some skills but for the rest of the folks...the producers would have done all of us a favor by losing them in the desert especially the Country Boys and Akbar.

Still there is hope for the summer season "Love in the Wild" has to better than this, at least it will be more entertaining.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    To be honest comparing Expedition Impossible to Eco Challenges is insulting. There was too much piggy backing on other people's work. I didn't like that the other teams especially the footballers took advantage of Fab 3 finding the water. I wish that they could arrange it so one team can't see what the other team is doing. I am thoroughly unimpressed with many of the teams. The premise sounds like the teams had some experience doing these type of races or some skill sets that would apply. The only teams that seem ready for this are the Gypsies and No Limits. The 2 army girls may also have some skills but for the rest of the folks...the producers would have done all of us a favor by losing them in the desert especially the Country Boys and Akbar.

Still there is hope for the summer season "Love in the Wild" has to better than this, at least it will be more entertaining.
    Yes I agree that the skills and teams playing have lacked some appeal. I'm hoping in subsequent episodes this will improve, though. I never watched the EcoChallenge shows, so don't have that comparison in mind, but I am a big fan of TAR. For me, this show needs to be different enough from that show to keep it interesting.

I'm looking forward to "Love in the Wild" too - hope there's a thread opening up here so we can discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Oh no - poor guys! I can't imagine being blind out there.
    And I have to admit, the gypsies and the Fab 3 would not have been my picks for the first two teams to make it in.
    Don't let the kneesocks throw you off. Ryan is a former pro athlete (in line skating).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123