+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Host Dave Salmoni

Host Dave Salmoni

Host Bio
    Dave Salmoni wears many hats. He's an adventurer, zoologist, renowned animal trainer and television host. Born and raised in Canada, he now splits his time between Toronto and South Africa, where he follows his passion for the outdoors by hosting and producing wildlife documentaries.

Dave's career began 10 years ago, when he embarked on a life changing adventure to Africa to train captive-bred Bengal tigers how to hunt and survive in the wild. To achieve this, he lived in a tent in the African bush for five years as he combined his trainer and zoology techniques. This process was documented and became Discovery Channel's Living with Tigers.

Following this experience, Dave's career has blossomed and allowed him to live the life he always dreamed of back in Canada. As a child, the only place he could stay out of trouble was in the wild, where there are no rules.

Dave has been to some of the most dangerous places on Earth for World's Deadliest Towns. He was accepted into a wild pride of African Lions in Into the Lion's Den. He followed that feat by living in a tent in the Namibian bush in order to save a pride of problem lions in Into the Pride.

Dave has traveled the world and experienced forgotten cultures on productions such as Rogue Nature and various Shark Week programs. The quintessential adventurer and not happy when confined to city life, Dave is constantly seeking his next exotic journey. Where most survivalists go to "survive," he goes on vacation.

Dave was named one of Cosmopolitan magazine's "Fun and Fearless Males" (2008) and was included as one of People's "Sexiest Bachelors" (2009). In his downtime, Dave likes to stay at his family's cottage in Ontario, which is surrounded by an abundance of wildlife. He's an avid outdoorsman, enjoys sports and construction projects. We're just glad he found time in his busy schedule to host Expedition Impossible!

Dave Salmoni Bio - Expedition Impossible - ABC.com
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Host Dave Salmoni

Ummmm...me likey.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Yep, he's certainly easy on the eyes.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I saw the show on Discovery were he trained two tigers to hunt in the wild. Great show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like him. As I posted in the premiere show thread, not too smarmy, not too dull - just the right balance and now I discover that this type of life is where he is most comfortable. This should be a very good summer show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Very boring host and seems awkward in his role, IMO. Rocks on his feet often, as teams come in and he congratulates them in an extremely boring manner. Not seeing the positive reinforcement and high fives, etc., that Phil on TAR creates.

+ Reply to Thread