+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Expedition Impossible

Expedition Impossible

Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Expedition Impossible - ABC.com

Expedition Impossible, the next evolution of high adventure and human drama, is a new global competition series from Executive Producer Mark Burnett. The series will feature teams of ordinary people doing the extraordinary, as they compete in the biggest adventure of their lives.

In Expedition Impossible, teams of three will solve problems while racing across deserts, over mountains and through rivers. Each week a new stage of the expedition will be revealed. Will teams crumble under the pressure of having to think clearly in the wilds of the great outdoors, or will they work together to get through and complete their adventures? After ten stunning legs of competition, one team will cross the finish line first to claim victory.

"We think the ABC audience will respond to this incredibly fun show, which is equal parts high extreme competition, teamwork and strategy featuring unique landscapes and different cultures," said John Saade and Vicki Dummer, Senior Vice Presidents, Alternative Series, Specials and Late Night, ABC Entertainment Group. "We look forward to collaborating again with Mark Burnett and his team to create an epic series."

"I love high adventure television and I am so excited to be working with ABC in bringing an epic Indiana Jones style experience to the viewers," said executive producer Mark Burnett.

Mark Burnett and Lisa Hennessy serve as executive producers. Both the television show and format will be distributed internationally by Mark Burnett International.

NOW CASTING:

We are currently on a nation-wide search looking for dynamic, competitive, and energetic teams of three (3) people for Expedition Impossible. Don't spend the month of April at your boring job. Spend it on the experience of a lifetime! You MUST be at least 18 years old, a legal US resident and have a US passport valid through the end of 2011 to participate.

To apply, email us at ExpeditionImpossibleCasting@ma rkburnettprod.com. Your email must include the following:

• Name, age, location and contact info for all 3 team members
    • Recent photo of all 3 team members
    • Level of individual and team's experience with competitions/races, etc.
    • Brief description of why your team is great for this competition and why you will win.
    • Anything else that makes your team memorable and unique

Good luck.
    Somehow the topic of Eco-Challenge came up at dinner. We went to the internet to refresh our memories of it and found this!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Re: Expedition Impossible

Loved Eco-Challenge.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

According to the link above, Expedition Impossible will premier on Tuesday, June 21 at 9.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Good something fun and refreshing for the summer season.

The teams were announced this week. There are pictures at ABC.com - Expedition Impossible - Meet the 13 Teams competiting this season , but this article has the names and info succinctly.

ABC announces cast for 'Expedition Impossible' (Yep, it's another amazing race coming to you in June!) | Inside TV | EW.com
    ABC announces cast for 'Expedition Impossible' (Yep, it's another amazing race coming to you in June!)
    by Lynette Rice

EXPEDITION-IMPOSSIBLE

Now that Mark Burnett is stealing some thunder away from American Idol with The Voice, is he now hoping to suck a little steam out of The Amazing Race?

You be the judge: Burnett is the man behind a new summer reality show for ABC dubbed Expedition Impossible, which features 13 teams of three players who will travel across deserts, mountains and rivers in the “exotic, fabled Kingdom of Morocco.” Fun? Each week a new stage of the expedition will be revealed to the competitors, who must find a way to work together to complete the trip. After 10 legs of competition, one team will cross the finish line. Winners each receive $50,000, a Ford Explorer (nice product placement) and the privilege of never having to be called members of the Fab 3, Mom’s Army, or Grandpa’s Warriors ever again.

You think we’re kidding? Check out the monikers given to the 13 teams, which start the expedition on Tuesday, June 21. (My money is on the fishermen. Not so much for the gypsies):

California Girls

Christina Chin, 24, Davis, CA, manager
    Brittany Smith, 24, Rancho Murietta, CA, pro golfer
    Natalie Smith, 25, Woodland, CA, teacher/coach

The cops

Robert Robillard, 43, Concord, MA, police officer (duh)
    Dani Henderson, 34, Marlborough, MA, police officer
    James Vaglica, 49, Billerica, MA, police officer

The country boys

Nicholas Coughlin, 28, Clinton, MS, internet marketing
    Jason Cronin, 37, Pensacola Beach, MN, business owner/entrepreneur
    Chad Robinson, 27, Bolton,MS, realtor

Fab 3

Ryan Carrillo, 36, Los Angeles, CA, business owner
    Kari Gibson, 26, Los Angeles, CA, poker tournament hostess
    AJ Gibson, 30, Los Angeles, CA, mortgage consultant

The fisherman

Gus Sanfilippo, 48, Gloucester, MA, fisherman
    Nino Sanfilippo, 43, Gloucester, MA, fisherman
    Joe Sanfilippo, 44, Gloucester, MA, fisherman

The football players

Akbar Gbaja-Biamila, 31, Los Angeles, CA, broadcaster
    Robert Ortiz, 27, Solana Beach, CA, business owner
    Ricky Sharpe, 31, Costa Mesa, CA, coach

Grandpa’s warriors

Dick Smith, 69, Normal, IL, store owner
    Steven Smith, 49, Savoy, IL, store owner
    Sam Gibbs, 23, Thomasboro, IL, store anager

The gypsies

John Post, 29, Pensacola, FL, sustainable farmer
    Taylor Filasky, 31, San Diego, CA, video producer
    Eric Bach, 26, San Francisco, CA, sales

Latin persuasion

Dashia Imperiale, 44, New York, NY, fitness instructor
    Raven Garcia, 30, Bronx, NY, freelance writer
    Mai Reyes, 38, New York, NY, manager

Mom’s army

Eleanor Vanderbeck, 52, Reading, PA, bookkeeper
    Ruthie Vanderbeck, 27, Reading, PA, realtor
    Abbie Vanderbeck, 29, Norwalk, CT, nanny

No limits

Erik Weihenmayer, 42, Golden, CO, speaker/writer
    Jeff Evans, 41, Boulder, CO, physician assistant
    Ike Isaacson, 33, Topeka, KS, National Guard

New York fireman

Kevin Coursey, 39, Belle Harbor, NY, firefighter
    Robert Kiley, 34, Rockaway Park, NY, firefighter
    Michael Egan, 34, Rockaway Park, NY, firefighter

Team Kansas

Lindsey Haymond, 27, Houston, TX, teacher
    Kelsey Fuller, 21, Overland Park, KS, student
    Mackenzie Fuller, 18, Overland Park, KS, student

Race you to Twitter! @EWLynette

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Expedition Impossible

Anybody else interested in this new show? Just heard about it for the first time today and watched the 15 minute preview on the website and it looks pretty cool. As an Amazing Race fan and seeing the similarities I'll be sure to check it out.

Here's the wiki page with the show description and the link to the official website at the bottom: Expedition Impossible (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    momrek06 likes this.

Luv eco races. Luv'd the ones Mark Burnett produced. Wished more were filmed and shown on TV. Can't wait for this to start. Should be a summer gem. Only thing I don't like about this is that the last team in is eliminated. Come on this is a 2,000 mile race. In real eco racing all that matters is who comes in first. Many teams have issues with certain type of activity and terrain you do not need to add the stress of elimination in each leg. That rule totally disappoints.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-18-2011 at 08:44 PM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Looking forward to it! I already can't stand the guy on the commercial who says "how humiliating it would be to lose to a blind guy". I mean, who says that!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Anybody else interested in this new show? Just heard about it for the first time today and watched the 15 minute preview on the website and it looks pretty cool. As an Amazing Race fan and seeing the similarities I'll be sure to check it out.

Here's the wiki page with the show description and the link to the official website at the bottom: Expedition Impossible (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This looks AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting!!! I am in and DVR is set!!!
    KAREN

I had great hope this would be like his old eco challenge series that was on every year on Discovery. The elimination angel does nothing for me. Doesn't add to the thing for me. I want to see the adventure race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast