+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Expedition Impossible

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Expedition Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Looking forward to it! I already can't stand the guy on the commercial who says "how humiliating it would be to lose to a blind guy". I mean, who says that!
    Okay just saw another commercial for this show. Is it the blind guy who says it? As if to say "I'm sure the OTHER people are thinking how humiliating would it be to lose to a blind guy". If that's the case I feel totally differently.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was the blind guy, too, who said that. Hilarious, if it was!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought it was the blind guy, too, who said that. Hilarious, if it was!
    Yeah if the blind guy said it, I totally totally misunderstood the first FEW times I saw the commercial and it is hilarious!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I like this show - it's a cross between EcoQuest and The Amazing Race. The rules are quite similar to EcoQuest in that if you have someone drop out, you're going to be eliminated (I think EcoQuest though allowed you to compete with three players left - they start with four, but once you go to two, you're either evac'd totally or you are a non-finisher even if you do cross the line).

Love the Wrong Way aspect of the show - makes people have to think and really pay attention. Won't be easy in this heat.

There's enough of a difference between this show and "The Amazing Race" to keep the show fresh. From the looks of things too, each team has to do this by themselves, and from the sound of said teams, I don't think any are going to really help another one.

And as far as starts, I also think it'll be even starts each leg, if nothing else for their safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yeah if the blind guy said it, I totally totally misunderstood the first FEW times I saw the commercial and it is hilarious!
    I'm sure you know by now, it WAS the blind guy saying it--and I didn't realize it either until I saw the show. As usual, 2 teams I thought might surprise everyone are last and next to last
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I'm sure you know by now, it WAS the blind guy saying it--and I didn't realize it either until I saw the show. As usual, 2 teams I thought might surprise everyone are last and next to last
    No, I haven't seen it yet (waiting on my DVR for me to have time) but I'm glad you set my mind at ease about this. I really was UNhappy in the beginning thinking someone ELSE had said it. Ooooh, my blood was boiling! LOL!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

One of the Mom's Army girls made quite a negative comment towards him early on in the episode. Something like "Once we found out there was a blind guy here, we thought 'one down'."

Anyway, watched the full episode for the first time today, and I quite like it. When I first read that Latin Persuasion were eliminated I was kinda sad and would have liked to see them last a little longer as they seemed pretty funny based on the 15 minute sneak preview, but after I actually watched past that and saw all the arguing, I kind of thought differently. Grandpa's Warriors I hope survive next week as well.

Does anybody happen to know how the next episode will start? Those who watch Amazing Race know that they begin the next leg in the same order they arrived, but I don't know if that'll be the case here, or if they'll all leave at the same time or something.

It looks like they all start at the same time, unlike TAR.

However, this means that first in = longest rest time. Be interesting to see if that has an effect...

After two episodes I have been pretty bored with the show. It almost looks like Mark Burnett trying for the reality show Emmy he keeps loosing to the Amazing Race. They are calling this Expedition Impossible yet other then the trek up the sand dune in the first episode it seems pretty routine to me. The "white-water" rafting looked more boring then rivers I have taken 11 year olds in similar boats. Maybe it will get better when they get rid of teams and can focus more on smaller numbers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234