+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Expedition Impossible

Re: Expedition Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I had great hope this would be like his old eco challenge series that was on every year on Discovery. The elimination angel does nothing for me. Doesn't add to the thing for me. I want to see the adventure race.
    Adventure racing is stressful enough without adding some stupid elimination that really adds nothing to the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Adventure racing is stressful enough without adding some stupid elimination that really adds nothing to the show.
    I recall on his old eco challenge shoes there was ample drama just with the teams to draw on for the show where they didn't have to ad any artificial drama. It kind of sucks the fun out of this show for me just in one fell swoop there.

I'm looking forward to it. It should be fun to watch.

I recall on his old eco challenge shoes there was ample drama just with the teams to draw on for the show where they didn't have to ad any artificial drama. It kind of sucks the fun out of this show for me just in one fell swoop there.
    1. Like the one team with 4 experienced racers on it , 3 female (the 3 females had raced together before) and 1 male who had teamed up for the race and the three females insisted on stopping by a stream to rinse out their undies and take a quick wash.

2. The Playmate team. I was amazed at how well the girls did, they earned my respect.

3. I remember one team of buddies from either New York or Boston who came in last and they were way behind, like almost a week. No one was as the finish but Mark Burnett and the crew were all hiding in the bush and came out and toasted them with champagne just for finishing and not quitting and working as a team.

4. The one New Zealand team whose one teammate hurt their leg but they carried him over this horrendous mountain terrain because he was their teammate and continued with the race.

5. Most unforgettable, the radio call in to get medical help because a leech just crawled into one gentlemen's urethra. That was priceless.

1. Like the one team with 4 experienced racers on it , 3 female (the 3 females had raced together before) and 1 male who had teamed up for the race and the three females insisted on stopping by a stream to rinse out their undies and take a quick wash.

2. The Playmate team. I was amazed at how well the girls did, they earned my respect.

3. I remember one team of buddies from either New York or Boston who came in last and they were way behind, like almost a week. No one was as the finish but Mark Burnett and the crew were all hiding in the bush and came out and toasted them with champagne just for finishing and not quitting and working as a team.

4. The one New Zealand team whose one teammate hurt their leg but they carried him over this horrendous mountain terrain because he was their teammate and continued with the race.

5. Most unforgettable, the radio call in to get medical help because a leech just crawled into one gentlemen's urethra. That was priceless.
    Hey Bearcata,

I remember all those events. The leech was a classic moment. Do you remember when the US team that lost 2 members teamed up with the UK team that had also lost 2 members? They renamed themselves team USUK (and pronounced it U-suk).
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I remember several of the Eco-Challenges and enjoyed them. Those were the days when Mark Burnett still had a modicum of credibility.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hey Bearcata,

I remember all those events. The leech was a classic moment. Do you remember when the US team that lost 2 members teamed up with the UK team that had also lost 2 members? They renamed themselves team USUK (and pronounced it U-suk).
    I don't quite remember that one. I saw all but the very last Eco Challenge race cause they aired on a cable channel I didn't have. The one I missed seeing was the one based in Fiji 2002 and Hayden Christiansen represented Team Canada with his sister, brother and teacher. Out of 81 teams only 23 finished. Again that is why that stupid leg elimination is not needed.

OK, I googled it, that was Borneo, didn't remember the name though.

I don't quite remember that one. I saw all but the very last Eco Challenge race cause they aired on a cable channel I didn't have. The one I missed seeing was the one based in Fiji 2002 and Hayden Christiansen represented Team Canada with his sister, brother and teacher. Out of 81 teams only 23 finished. Again that is why that stupid leg elimination is not needed.

OK, I googled it, that was Borneo, didn't remember the name though.
    I remember when those two teams lost the members and then paired up (and the other stuff that was mentioned as well). There wasn't forced Amazing Race knock off drama with being voted off. These races in themselves embody plenty of drama just by the inherent nature of them. Teams in wild conditions physically and emotionally wore out. It really tests the human ability.

I want to watch this show. I don't think I get the channel but I want to watch an adventure race. Not Amazing Race which is what I feel like this is going to be.

I remember when those two teams lost the members and then paired up (and the other stuff that was mentioned as well). There wasn't forced Amazing Race knock off drama with being voted off. These races in themselves embody plenty of drama just by the inherent nature of them. Teams in wild conditions physically and emotionally wore out. It really tests the human ability.

I want to watch this show. I don't think I get the channel but I want to watch an adventure race. Not Amazing Race which is what I feel like this is going to be.
    You should be able to watch it, it's on a regular Network.

Yeap, it's on ABC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast