+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 04/03 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    im going to rewatch this nightmare of a show one more time before i say way to much...

FORT Fan
    i just cant be the the only one who feels this way.
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 04-04-2005 at 01:32 AM.

FORT Fan
    ok i just re watched jennifers performance..she nailed both songs...i am just speachless, delisco completely screwed up his first song, off key multiple times, go back and listen...poor dave, he did great for what he does but he didnt stand a chance..............i dont even know what to say...im happy for delisco, but i was actually depressed by the end of the show...

Empress NaBisco
    Wow, James, are you ever mad!!

Like you, I thought overall Jennifer was the most deserving. But Delisco was incredible tonight - even if he was off-key at first. His energy and connection with the audience was something else...

Don't get so upset for Jennifer, she has a strong career ahead of her. We'll all see her again!

Bias aside, I agree with what most of you all are saying. Delisco rocked, but his first song was not so hot, and don't start me on those shoes.... Overall, considering all the episodes, Jennifer had this competition nailed down.
    One has fear in front of a goat, in back of a mule, and on every side of a fool :phhht
    --Edgar Watson Howe

FORT Newbie
    My husband's saying "I told you so..."

Well, I found Delisco's performance very engaging. I think any of the three deserved this win, but Delisco nailed it in the end. He captivated me, and the range of his voice...

I think out of all the contestants, Delisco kept his nose clean the most. Which is maybe why this ending is so disappointing. The editing on this show left Delisco pretty much out of the picture. He was always a nice guy and did well, but we never saw him say anything snarky or get into any trouble. Which doesn't make for good tv. The problem with this is that because we never saw him we never fell in love with him.

The lack of attention by the editors made his win come out of left field. But I commend Delisco for being able to be a nice talented guy who made it. He gives hope that people who don't cause trouble and people who are good at heart deserve to win and will.

Congrats to all the contestants, I'm sure you will all go far.

I hope that there is a second season with Wayne. This was a fun show. Just get rid of the editors, that would be the only thing I would change.

BTW, since the contestants post on this board, how about a "Where are they now?" thread where we can find out where they are performing as well as their plans for the future.

And to you contestants, thanks so much for spending the time talking to us. It was great to have this level of interaction. You are all talented and special, I wish the best of luck to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    BTW, since the contestants post on this board, how about a "Where are they now?" thread where we can find out where they are performing as well as their plans for the future.
    This forum will soon be in the archives, where the only posts allowed are news items about the show and/or the contestants. People can use the already existing contestant threads if there is news about that contestant, but we don't allow discussion once a show has been archived. This is our policy on every contestant, every show.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Ok, I've slept on it. Wayne, please, if you decide to try this again, PLEASE check in with Mark Burnett first and at least get his professional opinions . . . and, if you can, get his agreement to produce the show next time!! This is a great concept show, but the editing and production really didn't do the competition itself, or the performers, justice. At the end of the day, Wayne, your decision should have caused everyone (other than the performer's family) to agree that you made a fair choice from among three relatively equally worthy contestants. I can't say that has occurred . . . otherwise, there wouldn't be posts indicating they'd pay to see Dave, pay to see Jen, but not Delisco. I trust we merely saw a poorly edited series, the outakes of which would likely have proved Delisco was the greater among his peers. However, the net result at face value is that you, Wayne, made a really hard to understand decision.
    The difference between an Entrepreneur and a Bureaucrat is in their goals . . . a Bureaucrat's goal is to not lose.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-bigel
    Yea, I thought he was doing great witht he crowd. He didn't sound terrific, however.

OOOhhh, he's back.

How disappointing, to me anyway, that Delisco won - of the 3 remaining (thank goodness Wayne got rid of Sarah Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhling) Delisco was the only one I fast-forwarded through - just not a fan of his I guess. Since I just live blocks from Waynes house I think I'll go egg it (just kidding)

FORT Fan
    apparently their are not many delisco fans on the internet...no friends or family of even fanactical fans..i wonder if this will be a sign of things to come,,,the consumer has to bond with the performer to some degree...headlining in the hilton is not that great anyway...its far enough off the strip that no ones going to walk there, and no one but someone going to the convention center would stay there, and when i go to the convention center i never stay there, i think you would have to be desperate to stay there anyway...even the night clubs off strip, except for the strip clubs cant draw tourist to them...the contest was clearly about looking for something specific to fill a void in the wayners show, i guess he didnt need a really great female singer..maybe hes trying to put the rat pack back together and he and delisco are the first two...

+ Reply to Thread