+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 04/03 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Delisco chose an original song which I thought was pretty risky but obviously it worked.
    He is a great talent but Jen really nailed her two songs, disapointed since I've been rooting for her since this all started.
    Hope Jenn and Dave get something good from all this.

If I could only dance like Delisco does
    Last edited by lasvegasfan; 04-04-2005 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenja
    Another disappointing ending to yet another "Reality" show.
    Delisco is a fine performer, and I am happy for him. However, the best contestant did not win. The crowd was on their feet way earlier for Jen's standing O, and she was on key the whole time. Delisco was off pitch a number of times. For 9 weeks Jen has been the strongest, CLEARLY, and to not win after that performance is an injustice. I don't get it. I feel like I got robbed. Ahh-well. Nice chatting with all of you for the last few weeks, best wishes in all of your future endeavours, and look me up if you are ever in Atlantic City!

-Jason

Yeah, I kind of don't get it either. To me it was sort of obvious that the competition was going to come down to the singers, if only because that's what Wayne does. Dave is a talented comic, and professional to the end, but he and Joe were outnumbered toward the end. Anyway, I wouldn't buy a ticket to see Delisco perform. Its just not my taste. I would have bought a ticket to see Jen though, I feel comfortable when she's on stage, if that makes any sense. And I'll always throw my $$ down for Dave and Joe. I'd rather be made to laugh. But what do I know, I was a Clay Aiken fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie36
    Yeah, I kind of don't get it either. To me it was sort of obvious that the competition was going to come down to the singers, if only because that's what Wayne does. Dave is a talented comic, and professional to the end, but he and Joe were outnumbered toward the end. Anyway, I wouldn't buy a ticket to see Delisco perform. Its just not my taste. I would have bought a ticket to see Jen though, I feel comfortable when she's on stage, if that makes any sense. And I'll always throw my $$ down for Dave and Joe. I'd rather be made to laugh. But what do I know, I was a Clay Aiken fan too.
    Minnie,
    Intersting in the ep 9 outtakes that Joe said his show is an hour long. Too bad we only got to see a few minutes of the same thing.
    I'd like to see Joe's show as well.

I'm sure there is quite a bit of material from Joe that we didn't get to see. I look forward to seeing his whole act. I KNOW there is a lot a material of Dave's that we didn't get to see, he's fantastic at engaging the crowd and does this sort of off-the-cuff humor that is brilliant, but you can only get the full effect when you see him live. So...go see them LIVE!

FORT Newbie
    Well, I look at it this way: The folks who chose the winner were probably the same that decided well-respected professionals giving them all bad advice was a great idea. It was ugly. Having someone screw up their performances or giving them bad advice intentionally was low-brow and pathetic. Maybe it is Wayne's way of showing them how it felt when someone advised him to do whatever he did to his scalp. Yikes!
    I'd pay to see Dave. I'd pay to see Jen. I wouldn't pay to see Delisco attempt another Stevie Wonder song. The one in the USO show was not good at all, and I think he was pretty amature-ish on Sir Duke. The original song he did was a saving grace for him. No one could tell where the melody was supposed to be, and it was for his Grandma.
    Also, why carry Sarah all the way through only to not let her perform in the final? Crappy show. Great performers. Crappy show.
    All apologies for the bad attitude, I am a bit perturbed... gonna sleep on it!

See ya!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until at least 2:00am Eastern. Enjoy the final show!
    Please don't post spoilers in the other threads. Thanks.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

When I heard Delisco mention his grandmother I went back to the episode where Wayne wasn't too keen on bringing up personal references or stories.
    Again there was no continuity. If they had done all 10 shows like this one it would have been much better series.

Empress NaBisco
    Hey! Now that Delisco has all of that money he can buy a decent pair of dark shoes!

FORT Newbie
    i had a feeling he would win from the first episode.

FORT Fan
    i thought waynes rule was to sing a song that everybody in the audience would know, i bet you only a few people had ever even heard that golspelist. suck up to grandma rendition of whatever...

+ Reply to Thread