+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Show....spoilers.....

FORT Fan

Final Show....spoilers.....

there has been some speculation that one of the finalist may not get to perform in the final show, however after last weeks show at the beginning of the show that came on next, a commercial ran showing clips of all 4 doing their act in front of a full band and in front of a packed house, so unless they cut someones performance out of the final, it looks as if they all get to compete.
    i have been a jen fan all along, maybe sometimes a little to much, but delisco could be a dark horse to win, hes been in the background, not causing much trouble, and he would be a fresh face in vegas, jennifer has been around since the late 90s. deliscos clean cut image might fit in well with the wayners show, however jens penchant for standards would work well with waynes aging audience. daves dirty jokes may not go over to well with the crowd wayne draws, retired people and aging women. sarah would remind them of their granddaughters and they may not feel her ballad style. so it seems to be a toss up at this point, the only real losers have been the viewer, who for 3 months have never seen one complete performance with decent sound and setting, i guess we will on the final, but we should have during the season...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u
    there has been some speculation that one of the finalist may not get to perform in the final show, however after last weeks show at the beginning of the show that came on next, a commercial ran showing clips of all 4 doing their act in front of a full band and in front of a packed house, so unless they cut someones performance out of the final, it looks as if they all get to compete.
    i have been a jen fan all along, maybe sometimes a little to much, but delisco could be a dark horse to win, hes been in the background, not causing much trouble, and he would be a fresh face in vegas, jennifer has been around since the late 90s. deliscos clean cut image might fit in well with the wayners show, however jens penchant for standards would work well with waynes aging audience. daves dirty jokes may not go over to well with the crowd wayne draws, retired people and aging women. sarah would remind them of their granddaughters and they may not feel her ballad style. so it seems to be a toss up at this point, the only real losers have been the viewer, who for 3 months have never seen one complete performance with decent sound and setting, i guess we will on the final, but we should have during the season...

I'm sorry I have to laugh at the comment about Jennifer being around since the late 90's. It's not like she's a senior citizen.

BTW having been to Wayne's show I can assure you there is a healthy mix of young and old people.

FORT Fan
    i agree that jennifer is not old at all, at least not to me, but in the world of performing, especially with singers can you name one female non country singer who has established a career of substance after the age of 35, for the life of me i cant. women friends of mine over the age of 32 or so are now auditioning for the mommy parts in commercials, and not by choice...ive been around performing for years and let me assure you age is much more of a factor than you could possibly ever know...why do you think plastic surgery is so big in the entertainment community. you either have to be young or look young...vegas is a little different, but not much. did you notice they never once mentioned anyones age during this show...
    i too have been to waynes show, once in vegas and once in branson, both times the old greatly out weighed the young, i guess it depends on what time of the year it is, and which conventions are in town and what day of the week it is. in discussing our next trip to vegas in may, no one i know wants to go to his show except for me, and im not sure ill go alone..everyone wants to see younger acts, and i must admit had it not been for this show i would probably have never thought of going to see him again, i was with my parents both times i did see him...i guess it depends on just how old you are as to how old everyone else seems to be...my parents probably thought everyone was young....
    i really like jennifer, the age comment was not a slam, i also personally hope she won...
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 04-01-2005 at 12:33 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Jaymes, how much does it cost to see Waynes show in Vegas? Just curious. I hear what you are saying about Jen, loud and clear. I did not realize she has already been performing in Vegas for 7 years or so. I thought the purpose of this was to get into Vegas.

FORT Fan
    the cost of a ticket to waynes show start at about 60 dollars, better seats are more, if you go check out the same day ticket booth, it was at the m an m coke bottle building across from ny ny, if tickets are not sold out you can get them there for half price

+ Reply to Thread