+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 03/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Joe "took a bullit" for Sarah. The way it started I thought Wayne was gonna eliminate her.

Am I the only one who felt this episode crossed the line somewhat, and ventured into a mean-spirited and humiliating fiasco for the contestants, or am I just being too sensitive about the whole thing? I think Joe was particularly embarrassed for being so naive, and that's why he bowed out. Given his attraction to Sarah, I think it was particularly humiliating for him to have Sarah see how vulnerable he was. Just my opinion, of course.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u
    the field was never level...from day one their was only one real choice, not sure why these particular contestants were chosen. a commercial in last weeks show showed joe doing one final act with the 4 remaining contestants watching, it was not in this weeks show, which leads me to believe several different endings were taped as indicated by one of the contestants several weeks ago to an lv journalist. even though i really liked the show, i do not know one other person who has been watching it, except those on this board, i wouldnt look for a season 2, however i hope im wrong. if there is a second season i hope the contestants are more evenly matched. i hope the remark jennifer made about performing the final number without her best voice was just something an insecure person may say and not a reality....

Once again, can I just point out that Jennifer has consistently made excuses for her voice? If she really is sick, I feel bad for her, but I don't want to know that as an audience member!!! Don't air your fears, it makes the audience nervous! Besides, her voice usually doesn't show any weaknesses, so I agree that it is more of an insecurity than a reality. It's the insecurity that bothers me. There is nothing to be insecure about!

I am still so surprised that no one is talking about Delisco winning this. Has no one seen how versitile and powerful he is? He can sing whatever is put in front of him, he commands the stage, incorporates the band as equals, dances up a storm, and engages his audience. These are the trademarks of a true entertainer. I can tell you as a former colleague of his that he will have no trouble expanding his "act" to become a headliner. He has appeared on Broadway and has a well-established band in New York. They put on a hugely dynamic show - a true "production". It is frustrating to me that this is not coming across. Plus, it surprises me that there is so much buzz about jennifer when I truly believe that Delisco is equally as talented and engaging. I know Jenn has a lot of friends and fans on here, I am one of them, but I really believe this show has shown Delisco in just as good of a light as Jennifer or any of the other contestants. Where is his buzz? Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Am I the only one who felt this episode crossed the line somewhat, and ventured into a mean-spirited and humiliating fiasco for the contestants, or am I just being too sensitive about the whole thing? I think Joe was particularly embarrassed for being so naive, and that's why he bowed out. Given his attraction to Sarah, I think it was particularly humiliating for him to have Sarah see how vulnerable he was. Just my opinion, of course.

I'm with you on this one Roseskid. I'm a little tired of the "Dance monkey! Dance!" bit they've pulled on these poor contestants. They are so eager to please and so respectful of Wayne, and maybe even a little starstruck, that they have hung on his every word, and its done some of them in. Would you say no to your boss? Hell no, you'd do whatever it was you thought he wanted to get the job done. That's what Joe did, its just his personality to be sweet and please people and be open-minded.

I am curious why, only Sarah & Joe are at fault for taking "Bad Advise".

Did I miss something? It appeared to me that Dave was the only one that dropped some of the bad advise.

Jennifer Dressed too young, poor song selection, and I thought she was off key. Delisco also took the bad advise. So why is it only Sarah & Joe being singled out here?

Just my opinion, but I feel that they all made the wrong decision and took bad advise.

Quote Originally Posted by g-love
    Once again, can I just point out that Jennifer has consistently made excuses for her voice?
    Yes, I am aware that she makes excuses every show about her voice, including the preview we got. Was she perhaps getting over a cold just before the show began? Or maybe she makes that sort of statement before every performance, just in case? Who knows.
    Where is his buzz?
    I'll buzz about Delisco. I think you're right about his talent. He is definitely not as high-profile as some of the others (could be editing to keep him hidden until he 'comes out of the blue' to win), but he's definitely talented. I'm guessing the end comes down to Delisco and Jennifer. He does move a lot more and better than Jennifer. They both have beautiful, engaging smiles. Either one would probably do fine in the role.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fan
    it doesnt look like joe bowed out at all, i went back and looked at the end of the episode 2 weeks ago and during a promo it clearly showed joe with every prop he owned scattered on the stage with the other 4 remaining contestants, all dressed in the same cloths they had on last night, (i wanted to verify that) and he was doing everything he could to save himself, thats not bowing out...once again we the dumb viewer were not supposed to notice any of that, i guess they needed an action packed promo 2 weeks ago and thought we would never catch on as to what really happened, i hate it when they play us for fools, if we didnt watch they would not have a show, this is no different than changing how a game really ended, saying the loosing team just bowed out, when in fact they fought with all their might to pull out the game...joe didnt take a bullet at all, they just refilmed the ending to make him look noble, for what reason.....who knows

Quote Originally Posted by minnie36
    I'm a little tired of the "Dance monkey! Dance!" bit they've pulled on these poor contestants. They are so eager to please and so respectful of Wayne, and maybe even a little starstruck, that they have hung on his every word, and its done some of them in. Would you say no to your boss? Hell no, you'd do whatever it was you thought he wanted to get the job done. That's what Joe did, its just his personality to be sweet and please people and be open-minded.
    Aaahhhh, so beautifully worded. You're right about wanting to please him. Wayne did say something about them embracing the suggestions, and making the choice whether to use the advice or not. Okay, I get it. But the whole thing made me cringe, watch between fingers placed over eyes, and grimace. If I didn't have to watch, I probably would have changed the channel. Blech. Now, excuse me while I shower and gargle (I'll probably mention that several times in my recap).

FORT Newbie
    i was so sad to see joe go...even last night as i watched again....i guess you can tell by my crying like a little girl...i have so much respect and admiration for him...he is definitely going to go far and yes he is a true entertainer...you need to really see what he does live....amazing

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I'm catching up on some posts I missed during the week. I agree with you roseskid. Making the five folks look bad was not cool. I got the joke, but I didn't like how it played out on the TV. It was really a stretch to combine this episode with the ultimate goal of the show to find an Entertainer. Not who was gonna fall for the bad advice.
    That has really been the problem with this show from the start.
    They really needed to focus on the performing talents of the cast. Maybe we'll finally get that Sunday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast