+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 03/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    the field was never level...from day one their was only one real choice, not sure why these particular contestants were chosen. a commercial in last weeks show showed joe doing one final act with the 4 remaining contestants watching, it was not in this weeks show, which leads me to believe several different endings were taped as indicated by one of the contestants several weeks ago to an lv journalist. even though i really liked the show, i do not know one other person who has been watching it, except those on this board, i wouldnt look for a season 2, however i hope im wrong. if there is a second season i hope the contestants are more evenly matched. i hope the remark jennifer made about performing the final number without her best voice was just something an insecure person may say and not a reality....

FORT Fan
    an after thought, yet another week where we still didnt get to see or hear a real performace by any of the contestants...

FORT Newbie

Joes cut tonight

Hello all, I'm joe's younger brother and this will be my first post tonight. I have not said much during the show until tonight because we didn't (the family) know when or if he was going to get cut. First off, I think that all the performers had great talent but Other than Joe, Dave, and Nathan Idon't know any show on the strip or any new show that would be able to be made around them. Delisco in my opinion has a great voice, better than that of the any of the ladies and while Sarah, Theresa and Jennifer can all sing I'm not sure they are the caliber of a Wayne Newton or Celine Dion who have headliner shows. Wayne has given his life's effort to be the best singer/writer/producer in Vegas and I can't see anyone else but the three I names above doing a show for years to come and with the flair and entertainment of Mr. Newton. Did anyone catch that Wayne did not say to Joe " Joe your not the Entertainer" Because he could'nt. Joe is the Entertainer. Maybe I'm biased??
    Last edited by Jokers Bro; 03-28-2005 at 02:52 AM. Reason: mistake

FORT Newbie

Dave is amazing

I am a HUGE Dave fan. OK so you know I am biased, but Dave is amazing. Forget the USO, that was editing, Wayne knew to introduce Dave, so it was not a surprise, and he never said he didn't want to do it, he said he didn't have a problem letting the three singers go, but if Joe was up for it then Dave was too. OK for tonight, Dave, has the right instincts, he just knows, from the beginning, move the microphone stand, be ethical, and for gods sake don't take bad advice, don't completely change what got you there in the first place. He knows it. He is the best.

As for Sarah, well he is right on. She has been on the block more than once, more than twice for that matter and she should be gone, not sure how that happened. I think deep down she has to know that she should have been gone and not Joe, and that is what she really feels bad about, not Dave's comment, that was stating the obvious. Joe should be there in the four, only to loose to Dave of course, sorry I told you straight up I am a huge Dave fan!!

I can't wait for next week. We are so proud of you. It is the craziest thing to turn on the tube and see you there, and then reminisce about the years.

Much love and luck to Dave.

Fort Cutie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokers Bro
    Did anyone catch that Wayne did not say to Joe "Joe your not the Entertainer" Because he could'nt. Joe is the Entertainer. Maybe I'm biased??
    That is true, Wayne did NOT say, "The party's over, you are not the Entertainer," it would have truly been a lie coming from Wayne Newtons mouth to state those words and thats because he knows his party will never be over, in fact...his party is just beginning and he can't say he is not the Entertainer because he is, maybe not on the show but in true reality, (not TV reality)!!! Just wait to see the things Joe Trammel has got up his sleeve and in the making, you'll be seeing him around!! As Wayne said, "What you have just seen ladies and gentlemen is the heart and soul of a true Entertainer."
    hehe, if only you knew. well, soon you will!

A salute to Joe Trammel, ...my daddy I love you and I am so proud!
    The greatest thing you'll ever know is just to love, and be loved in return.

See my daddy: http://www.thejtshow.com
    http://www.thepropcomic.com

I was thinking that Wayne was talking about Dave during the promo for next week.
    I'm not sure how a stand-up comedian would fit in to Wayne's show.
    As far as what Dave said to Sarah, obviously Sarah was just as upset because her and Joe had become firends.
    That was probably the most dramatic moment of all the shows so far.

Joe handled the elimination with so much class. I've always hated that little "entertain me " part at the end. What Wayne said to Joe was awesome and he hasn't said it to any of the folks who have been eliminated prior to last night
    The jam session at them end was very enjoyable.

Looking fowrard to next week. Good luck to everyone.
    Go Jenn.

Sadly, I agree on the prospects for a season 2. I've really grown to appreciate everyone on the show and would love to see another season.

One pet peeve is the folks at E On-Demand haven't been keeping up with this show at all.
    I haven't been able to find anything on the ratings but competition from HBO and others must be pretty strong.

FORT Fan
    its understandable that joes friends and family are upset at his leaving, thats how they should feel. however, wayne didnt have to eliminate joe or anyone for that matter, its not like he eliminated someone each week. this weeks compitition was once again a catch 22, what if a contestant didnt take the advice of the professionals, wayne could have used that to eliminate someone as well, a contestant could have been thinking this was a test to see if they were open to new ideas or how well they could follow direction, this show wasnt really about how well someone could entertain at all...it seems as if a master plan was in place all along. wayne wanted a specific act to enhance his own show. putting seasoned vegas entertainers against newcomers to the lv scene was never really fair. pitting comics against singers is impossible to judge...wayne wanted something or someone and the show has been built and edited around it. maybe we are just supposed to watch the show and never really give it much thought but i think tv viewers are not that simple minded any more. we never really got to know the contestants, so much major stuff about them was left out of the show, and i found this to make the show less credible as well...

FORT Fogey
    It makes no sense that Sara did not leave last night. My thought is that he has plans for Joe that continuing in this competition would queer.

Jokersdaughter and bro..........did Joe and Sara give a relationship a try when this show completed?
    Last edited by Dogbat; 03-28-2005 at 02:05 PM.

FORT Newbie

Joe Trammel Upset

I am completely astounded that Joe Trammel was cut from The Entertainer. First and foremost, Sarah Darling is a very talented girl, but there are tons of them out there and in my opinion, she wasn't even talented enough to make it on the show. This show disgusted me in more ways besides that. Next, Wayne Newton gave the story about him taking advice on his clown routine and it ended up being a disaster. Fortunately for Wayne, he had the opportunity to change his routine back once he found out that the advice was not good. None of the performers on this show were given that opportunity to evaluate their performance and decide what they did wrong. It's amazing to me that Sarah took every bit of the advice that was given to her, but she was saved because she doesn't have any experience and Joe has experience. To me, Joe taking all that advice was not good, but if Sarah has no experience and she is so naive, does that really make it okay that she flubbed up when it wasn't okay for Joe? This was Joe's first reprimand and he gets kicked off?!?!?!?! What's up with that, and where did that come from!?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE! Also, did anyone happen to notice that either in last week's episode or the week before (during one of the short clips that they play in the middle of the commercials), Joe was shown doing his "entertain me" performance. Obviously he did choose to perform, but E! edited Joe "bowing out" instead. Maybe Wayne didn't want to look like a fool after Joe poured his heart out on stage and then he cut him. So, E! edited it to look as though it was Joe's choice to leave even though he really did perform to try and save himself. Or maybe E! didn't want to pay all the royalties and rights to all of the songs that Joe uses in his act, so they cut it . . . That's one to think about! One last thought, I do believe that Dave is a great entertainer. However, I believe what he did to Joe and Delisco during the USO show should have been reprimanded in some way (when he jumped on stage and took the last spot when it was agreed that Joe would go on stage). To me, no matter how good of a performer you are, that's like a snake in the grass and who wants one of those working for them!?!?!? Joe Trammel was the kindest and most easy to get along with person on the show. His creativity has no bounds and for those of you who get a chance, check him out in V at the Aladdin in Las Vegas. I am fortunate enough to have seen his act with the correct music and it's out of this world!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast