+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 03/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Here's a little tidbit of useless information for you!

I take boxing/kickboxing at a martial arts studio. My sensai, is VERY VERY good friends with Wayne. He visits him in Las Vegas quite frequently, and I think (I'm not positive on this) that he bodyguards for him when he's here in town. Anyway....just this evening, I was training, and was looking at a picture of some of the group that competed last year in Las Vegas, and who was in the picture with everyone? You guessed it..."Uncle Wayne" (tres cute nickname, Minnie!)

Anyway, I think Wayne looks pretty darn good... some of the fake tan is a tad too much for me at times, but he aging quite nicely. Of course, given his financial state - he should be! hahaha. He is a very, very nice man from what I've heard.

Just thought I'd share
    To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

FORT Fan
    it wouldnt be all bad to be the wayner.....his voice is basically gone, just listen to the intro, and that has been mixed and enhanced...

Upcoming Episodes - SPOILER POTENTIAL FOLLOWS: Did anyone else notice the "still to come" vignette before the commercial break near the end of Episode 7? Joe is doing his act on the main stage with Jen, Delisco, Dave & Sarah in the shadows & background looking on. Major "tell," it appears - i.e., Joe is the next to get called out by Wayne, and given his "3 minutes" to save himself. Anybody else catch this?

FORT Fan
    we didnt get the still to come, i recorded it and it goes straight into another show....i bet they all get a chance to show why they should be the entertainer

Good Alternate Interpretation

You may be right jaymes4u. . . if the posts are correct and only 2 episodes remain, some twist could very likely be in the works to whittle 5 down to 1, so maybe that "still to come" vignette which I saw was some sort of a show-"off" among all rather than just a snippet "tell" from the "3 minutes" after Joe gets called out. BTW, the vignette occurred just before the commercial that aired after WN identified Sarah & Theresa for possible elimination; after that commercial, WN singled out Theresa and she had her "3 minute" moment.

FORT Fan
    thanks for the tip..i will rewind and look for it.....

Great, let me know your take on the "still to come" vignette after you've viewed it.

FORT Fan
    i looked at that clip in slowmotion ...backwards....forward.....pa use....and you are 100 percent right......he probably saved himself though....good call, i usually do not watch the commercials so i missed that .....

Or Maybe Not . . . Maybe It's Just Out of Cycle Editing

SPOILER. Thanks for confirming that I wasn't seeing things, jaymes4u. Not sure why you may be thinking that maybe Joe saved himself, though. I think what we saw was something from Episode 9, yet to be aired in full.

This series has suffered in the editing department :nono . . . prime example being seeing Paul buy the farm on Episode 2 only to have him back in the series in Episode 3 - never have quite figured out that incredible editing & sequencing error by the production crew: why wasn't the sequence of these episodes swapped?? Most recently, in Episode 8 USO, we saw the exact same female soldier's smiling reaction snippet used for both Dave's "breast reduction" joke, and Joe's "3 tenors" routine" ; we also saw the exact same snippet of soldiers "dancing" while seated on a tank during both Neal McCoy's performance and Delisco's song .

I think the "still to come" vignette late in Episode 8 showing Joe doing his routine on the mainstage with Sarah, Delisco, Dave & Jen looking on was a poor-editing misplacement of a "call out" which occurs in a future episode (perhaps 9, maybe 10).

I may be wrong in my guess about the vignette and my assessment of the editing, but, sadly, in an otherwise extremely engaging and well conceived competition reality show, this conclusion about the vignette is consistent the rather slipshod editing which has regularly occurred. I agree with another post; I'd really love to see the keen eye of Mark Burnett applied to this show . . . build the concept around Wayne (and his cadre of superlative entertainer friends) - just as Burnett has done with Stallone, Sugar Ray et al. in The Contender - but if you bring Burnett's more professional production company to bear on the shows few weaknesses, I think you'd get an A-list winner (with Vegas being such a strong cornerstone these days - "Vegas," CSI, the poker shows, etc.).
    The difference between an Entrepreneur and a Bureaucrat is in their goals . . . a Bureaucrat's goal is to not lose.

According to my on-screen listings on the Comcast DVR they have an episode this Sunday and next Sunday the promo said only one episode left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast