+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 03/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u
    i think this show was more about waynes special interest...i guess we all expected to see a weekly elimination when the show started, they did suggest that would happen, although i enjoy the show i feel it could have been a little more exciting...at first i thought about giving the contestants a hard way to go, then i realized they are not superstars who have traded their privacy for fame and fortune, not yet any way, they are not very different from all of us, they are just trying to make something great out of what so far have been mediocre careers....so im giving the contestants a pass, good luck to all.....but wayne is fair game....im guessing that most people watching this show expected more entertaining and less pointless activities....the contestants should have been relentlessly put through las vegas entertainment type of competitions, and less non entertainment stuff....the show lacked focus and i bet confused alot of people, since we rarely got what we expected...the contestants who post on this site all keep telling us about how talented the other contestants are, but as viewers i think we would have liked to make that judgment on our own...
    The direction of the show has been confusing.
    Interesting that Wayne has been mostly in the background up until last night's episode. I really expected more of Wayne in the beginning.
    Maybe after the show is over someone form the cast can give us a tell-all post about the behind the scenes stuff and what direction the producers pointed them in, if any.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasfan
    The direction of the show has been confusing.

I agree. Last night was as dull as it gets. No challenge and a lot of gushing. There is a time and place for that but not on an entertainment show promising competitions and eliminations.

I also agree about how the direction of the show has been confusing. One thing about Mark Burnett (people either love him or hate him) he certainly has the recipe for reality show success well understood. This is definitely a show on it's own track, which is fine, but TPTB just don't seem to know themselves where they are headed. At times it feels like a train lumbering down the tracks without an engineer.

I think the competitors who are left are all talented people. I still think that Sarah, as lovely as she is, is just not ready to be a headliner Vegas performer. I know the sound wasn't up to snuff due to the circumstances of the show last night, but Sarah seemed to be harder to hear than any of the others. She just doesn't seem to have power behind her voice. She'd be better in a studio, or small stage, I think. I thought Delisco and Jennifer did great, with Jennifer definitely being the best (again). I thought Dave's running on stage was underhanded, and although I think his act is funnier than Joe's, I wanted him to get the big boot because of it. I think Joe is extremely funny, it just seems like his act is getting stale, and I'm not sure how easy it is for him to keep inventing new things? Maybe it's not tough, what do I know? It just seems like we've already seen everything he does...maybe it's the editing?

Here's my prediction with the winner being number 1:

1. Jennifer
    2. Dave or Delisco (can't decide )
    3. Joe
    4. Sarah

I like them all, though, and would love to see all of them succeed, make millions of bucks, and them remember us little people.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    It is tough to have this show run simultaneously with American Idol.

Wayne and the competitors are all good people. That is not necessarily a winning formula for an interesting show as we are seeing.

FORT Fan
    most comics have a set act that they practice over and over getting the timing just right...as do all the las vegas entertainers, they know that a new crop of tourist who havent seen their show will be arriving tomorrow...so no one actually ever sees it enough to get tired of it, and their is no real need for new material unless the performer runs across something better than what he has...most non vegas comics travel a circuit spending only one or two nights in each city, the material always seems fresh because the crowd is always new....this is the real disadvantage that the comics have compeating aganist singers.....the singers also have a set of songs its just longer than the comics act and if you saw them enough you would get just as tired of them as you get of the comics....its like watching reruns over and over...but thats entertainment...

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I also agree about how the direction of the show has been confusing. One thing about Mark Burnett (people either love him or hate him) he certainly has the recipe for reality show success well understood. This is definitely a show on it's own track, which is fine, but TPTB just don't seem to know themselves where they are headed. At times it feels like a train lumbering down the tracks without an engineer.

I think the competitors who are left are all talented people. I still think that Sarah, as lovely as she is, is just not ready to be a headliner Vegas performer. I know the sound wasn't up to snuff due to the circumstances of the show last night, but Sarah seemed to be harder to hear than any of the others. She just doesn't seem to have power behind her voice. She'd be better in a studio, or small stage, I think. I thought Delisco and Jennifer did great, with Jennifer definitely being the best (again). I thought Dave's running on stage was underhanded, and although I think his act is funnier than Joe's, I wanted him to get the big boot because of it. I think Joe is extremely funny, it just seems like his act is getting stale, and I'm not sure how easy it is for him to keep inventing new things? Maybe it's not tough, what do I know? It just seems like we've already seen everything he does...maybe it's the editing?

Here's my prediction with the winner being number 1:

1. Jennifer
    2. Dave or Delisco (can't decide )
    3. Joe
    4. Sarah

I like them all, though, and would love to see all of them succeed, make millions of bucks, and them remember us little people.
    I agree with your predictions, rosekid. Jennifer is definitely the best "Vegas material" (at least thru the edited airings I'm seeing). I'm equally dumbfounded about #2 - both D's are very talented in their respective specialties comedy for one & singing for the other, although (at least thru the edited airings I'm seeing) I think Dave has really connected with the customers & crowds better than Delisco. Likewise, Wayne's comments toward Dave, as those comments directed at Jennifer, have always included more superlatives for Dave than the comments to Delisco.

FORT Fogey
    Comedy is trickier than singing. I can listen to a singer who is choosing songs that I am not all that crazy about and still enjoy the show, focusing on their singing ability.

I just do not think either of these men are funny, at all. I doubt I am alone on this. They visit the board and no one wants to hurt their feelings. I am confident my opinion does not phase either of them. An entertainer does not expect to please everyone. They and their fans probably do not think much of Eddie Izzard either! It is subjective and personal. I like both of them outside of their material.

Wayne is the judge here and it is all about his preference.

FORT Fan
    i think plenty of people would hurt their feelings with no qualms...im not sure why you do not like their acts. todays comedy is a little edgy and blue also, doesnt seem to be a lot of fundamentalist comics working today...especially in vegas, or anywhere for that matter.....also comics are expected to do original material where , according to wayne, in vegas, cover songs are whats demanded...the singers have millions of other peoples songs to sing...comics have only their own material. unless they can steal and change someone elses enough so no one but the other comic can tell..anyway it seems to me that a comedy routine would be much more difficult to make look good in this competition.....

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I am confident my opinion does not phase either of them. An entertainer does not expect to please everyone. They and their fans probably do not think much of Eddie Izzard either! It is subjective and personal. I like both of them outside of their material.

Yeah, don't know much about Eddie Izzard, I kind of get him confused with Ozzie Osbourne, it might be an eyeliner thing...or a zz thing

Izzzzzard
    Ozzzzzzie

zzzzzzzz

Nevermind.... When someone makes me laugh, I name them "funny". Dave and Joe make me laugh.

"I just do not think either of these men are funny, at all. I doubt I am alone on this. They visit the board and no one wants to hurt their feelings.-Shoepie"

Not for nothing, but they are both very funny - and both exhibit very different styles of comedy. To say that you appreciate a different type of humor, or that the measure by which someone is funny is subjective to each individual's sense of humor is fine; but to say that they aren't funny/talented, and to insinuate that some of us who contribute on here aren't being honest for fear of hurting someone's feelings is really not very nice.
    To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast