+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 03/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Great show tonight. We finally got to see all of them perform. I'm so glad Sarah did an upbeat song. I was afraid all she knew how to do were ballads. They all really shined and it was a good thing nobody went home. Nobody deserved to go home.

FORT Fan
    five people.....2 weeks left.....hummm

The promo near the end of the show said one episode left but I thought there was two.

Anyway great show. They all did a fantastic job. I thought Sarah was great on stage.

The look on Joe's face when he got woken up was priceless.

Still think Jennifer will win
    Pretty emotional show thinking what the troops do for us and what they have to go through.

Empress NaBisco
    Great show! It was nice to finally see everyone perform. They all did a great job.

Did anyone get a preview for next week? What's in store?

FORT Fogey
    Maybe it is just me but I did not think this show was great. I am not impressed with it in general, anyway.

I could have done without all the maudlin musings about the military and Iraq.

I like all of those left in this competition and it is not because of them I feel this show lacks luster.

Let's have an elimination everyweek, for starters. I did not like what Dave pulled by jumping on stage after it had been decided Joe was going to do it. I expected him to be eliminated but it seemed the format this week, no matter what happened, was for the gushy, gosh guys you all did a good job, ending.

Jennifer continues to be the standout for me. My sense of humor is different from the comics, so there is that. I am a Eddie Izzard and Ellen Degeneres fan so don't care for jokes, schtick, or prop comedy.

I will continue to watch because I am hooked on reality TV genre.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie

I like all of those left in this competition and it is not because of them I feel this show lacks luster.

I did not like what Dave pulled by jumping on stage after it had been decided Joe was going to do it. I expected him to be eliminated but it seemed the format this week, no matter what happened, was for the gushy, gosh guys you all did a good job, ending.

Jennifer continues to be the standout for me. My sense of humor is different from the comics, so there is that. I am a Eddie Izzard and Ellen Degeneres fan so don't care for jokes, schtick, or prop comedy.
    I was disappointed to see that Dave was not kicked out because of that unprofessional maneuver. Nathan got the boot for only suggesting they scoop the dancers out from under the other team in the commercial segment.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find the coverage to be over-sentimental at all. Good for the show and the contestants for showing respect and support for our troops. We tend to have a very short memory in this country and need to be reminded every once in a while. Its nice to see something on television other than a news program giving a nod to those men and women willing to give themselves up to protect our country, and our freedoms, like, uh for instance, freedom of speech. A right which you have clearly exercised...alot.

I won't comment on your "off with his head" position regarding Dave. I will point out that there is a difference, however small, between cheating and competing.
    Last edited by minnie36; 03-21-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Maybe it is just me but I did not think this show was great. I am not impressed with it in general, anyway.

Let's have an elimination everyweek, for starters. I did not like what Dave pulled by jumping on stage after it had been decided Joe was going to do it. I expected him to be eliminated but it seemed the format this week, no matter what happened, was for the gushy, gosh guys you all did a good job, ending.

I will continue to watch because I am hooked on reality TV genre.
    Whatever ones feelings are about the war I was impressed with the troops.
    Wayne has always been involved in the USO and as others have said we got to see all five perform.
    I agree about the Dave move but hey they are going for a million damn dollars so I can understand it.

I also think there should be a showdown between two and not five at the end.

FORT Fogey
    Not saying I do not support the troops, just wasn't keen on seeing it on this show.

And yes, minnie36, I exercise my freedom of speech everyday!

Not saying I do not support the troops, just wasn't keen on seeing it on this show.

And yes, minnie36, I exercise my freedom of speech everyday!

I do too! Yay America!

FORT Fan
    i think this show was more about waynes special interest...i guess we all expected to see a weekly elimination when the show started, they did suggest that would happen, although i enjoy the show i feel it could have been a little more exciting...at first i thought about giving the contestants a hard way to go, then i realized they are not superstars who have traded their privacy for fame and fortune, not yet any way, they are not very different from all of us, they are just trying to make something great out of what so far have been mediocre careers....so im giving the contestants a pass, good luck to all.....but wayne is fair game....im guessing that most people watching this show expected more entertaining and less pointless activities....the contestants should have been relentlessly put through las vegas entertainment type of competitions, and less non entertainment stuff....the show lacked focus and i bet confused alot of people, since we rarely got what we expected...the contestants who post on this site all keep telling us about how talented the other contestants are, but as viewers i think we would have liked to make that judgment on our own...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast