+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 02/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    I think it was a "pay attention to me Sarah," ploy. It's the only sexual chemistry thus far on the show, which is why I bet Nathan gets the boot. The whole "cheating" teaser seems to be a fore-shadowing, in my opinion.
    I think it all comes down to money ultimately, and having spent 10 years in Vegas, magicians and comedians just don't have the same pull that singers do. Yes there are a few that make it, and make it big to boot, but Nathan doesn't seem to have Lance Burton charisma (however, if Melinda made it, perhaps anyone can, she was horrific), and I don't see either comic hanging with the likes of Carlin, Gallagher, or Carrot Top. I can envision Jennifer or Delisco getting on stage with a great backing band and commanding an audiences attention ala Clint Holmes, Tom Jones or any of that ilk. Plus: Wayne is a singer, seems he would be a bit partial to them, and also seems most critical of them. I just hope that as the field wears down we get to hear/see these people perform.

I am trying find out how many tried out for this, with Jacquie and the lady comic getting thru, it couldn't have been too many. I cringe to think what Simon Cowell would have said to them. :-)

Because he's a two-timin' @#&*$!!!. Just kidding I don't know anything about Joe's personal life, but I'm fairly certain he's single. (at least i hope so, he was giving Theresa a foot massage in episode 1!) I think the "family" he's referring to is his cutie pie daughter who taped pictures in his luggage.

If he's guilty of anything, I think it might be his inability to decide which of the beautiful women he's going to try his luck with.

Watch out, your favorite Jennifer might be his next target

FORT Newbie
    True Jennifer is my Fav!
    But not from a romantic point of view, that didn't work out for us. ;-)
    She is a wonderful human being, and deserves this as much as anyone could!
    As far as crushes go... it would be close between Theresa and Sarah, but I think Sarah would have the edge there, based on her singing voice. (Sorry!) From a physical stand point, dang! Theresa has that poise...

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenja
    I think it was a "pay attention to me Sarah," ploy. It's the only sexual chemistry thus far on the show, which is why I bet Nathan gets the boot. The whole "cheating" teaser seems to be a fore-shadowing, in my opinion.
    I'm confused by this. I don't understand why a Sarah/Joe thing would mean Nathan gets the ax. And what is the "cheating teaser"? Theresa and Dave in the preview? How are they cheating? Is one of them married?

I think it all comes down to money ultimately, and having spent 10 years in Vegas, magicians and comedians just don't have the same pull that singers do. Yes there are a few that make it, and make it big to boot, but Nathan doesn't seem to have Lance Burton charisma (however, if Melinda made it, perhaps anyone can, she was horrific), and I don't see either comic hanging with the likes of Carlin, Gallagher, or Carrot Top. I can envision Jennifer or Delisco getting on stage with a great backing band and commanding an audiences attention ala Clint Holmes, Tom Jones or any of that ilk. Plus: Wayne is a singer, seems he would be a bit partial to them, and also seems most critical of them. I just hope that as the field wears down we get to hear/see these people perform.
    Great observation! I was thinking along these lines myself, but I didn't connect the dots to thinking about who would bring in big money. Basically I was asking myself which of these contestants I would be willing to pay money to see perform, and I came back to Jennifer and Delisco (as usual).

When you think of legendary live performers, what made them great is not only their ability to perform, but to improvise and interact with the audience. Think of talents like Dean Martin, Wayne, or my favorite, Sammy Davis Jr. Sammy could do it all; dance, sing, great impressions, great rapport w/the audience.

This is why I don't think Nathan, Joe or Dave can win it - none of them are multi-talented. They would have a good concept if the three of them did a show together however; I might, might , be wiling to pay to see that kind of show.

(By the way, I've never seen Sammy Davis perform live. I grew up listening to a live recording or his and always thought he was wonderful, and doubted that many contemporary performers were as multi-faceted. I was right -now we get Celine Dion - :rolleyes )

FORT Newbie
    Ahhh... if you remember the trailer from next week said something to the effect that Nathan was gonna cheat. Theresa seemed to be having ethical problems with that, that is where my reference was drawn from. My reason to assume Nathan is this: Sarah and Joe's Chemistry will keep folks watching, perhaps, and Theresa has the pin-up girl quality that will keep the men watching. Nathan is not overly dynamic off stage, though a fine performer, I am certain they are much more concerned with ratings. So far Paul was the only one voted off who seemed super talented, but then again he did himself in. It has also been girl, boy, girl (oops Sarah stays), girl so I am thinking male next and if you were to pick one of the blokes.... sorry Nate, it's you brother, though I think you are the guy I would most like in real life.

Empress NaBisco
    Nathan is not overly dynamic off stage, though a fine performer, I am certain they are much more concerned with ratings. So far Paul was the only one voted off who seemed super talented, but then again he did himself in. It has also been girl, boy, girl (oops Sarah stays), girl so I am thinking male next and if you were to pick one of the blokes.... sorry Nate, it's you brother, though I think you are the guy I would most like in real life.
    Interesting theory. I still say it is a rook if Nathan gets booted before Theresa and Sarah.

That would hurt E!'s ratings in my house. If they start making this a soap opera or keeping contestants around because they look good, they lose me. Is anyone really going to keep watching to see a Theresa vs. Sarah showdown?

I'm not saying you aren't right. You very well may be.

If it is time for a man to go, I would say Dave is next. I think he has a terrific attitude, but I just have no idea what he can do. (Of course, this is not his fault.) At least from the little we were shown we know Nathan is a good magician. And I think it's too bad that Dave would go, because he is probably the one I would like best in real life!

Joe did show pics of his daughter and I thought he mentioned his wife but I could be wrong. If I am, my apologies to Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-bigel
    Is anyone really going to keep watching to see a Theresa vs. Sarah showdown?
    Me!

Then again, I'm biased.

FORT Newbie
    I think Sarah wins that showdown. Much cooler under fire from what I have seen. Unfortunately I missed the episode that aired post Superbowl, and for some reason it isn't being re-run. from the recap Sarah almost got booted, but was chosen to remain. Did she sing a song and change Wayne's mind? If so I wish I had seen it. Jacquie and Marla both kinda flubbed around with their chances to remain, I would like to see what it took to change his mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123