+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Joe Trammel, The Joker

Prop Comic
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin
    Thanks for the explanation, Joe. Gee, that really must have hurt! And it warranted a trip to the hospital!

One question, even though you might not be able to answer it: I wonder if that guy who made you take that tumble is still working in Vegas, or did Wayne have him carted off to parts unknown with his tail tucked between his legs?
    LOL !!!!! What happens in Wayne's fight club - stays in in Wayne's fight club......... -JT

Phew! I thought the nose boo-boo might have been the result of a prop malfunction! That shark contraption looks like it could leave a mark, and with the way those rascals were messing with your set last episode, well, once loose screw and cue the Jaws music!

Prop Comic
    minnie tummy,
    You ''ARE'' The Entertainer !!!!!! -JT
    Last edited by The Joker; 03-17-2005 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks for the explanation, Joe. I trust that your nose has healed?

FORT Newbie
    Very impressive you kept on going even after what happened to your nose! I am actually surprised they didnt' show you going to the hospital. Usually reality TV always shows those kinds of things. The week before they would make a big deal in the previews showing someone at the hospital. At least you are better now! Thanks for filling all of us in!

Well I'm just glad that Joe didn't go "bam, bam, bam!" For those of you who don't know, Joe is a black belt in Kempo and has won at least at the state level championship. You really had to have shown some restraint Joe - good job! Do you want me to take care of him?

PW

FORT Fogey
    I was disappointed to see that Dave was not kicked out because of that unprofessional maneuver. Nathan got the boot for only suggesting they scoop the dancers out from under the other team in the commercial segment.

I assume the format was for everyone to stay, no matter what. A producer, surely, called Waynes attention to this incident either at the time or later. I wonder if he will make mention of this at all.
    Last edited by shoepie; 03-21-2005 at 11:25 AM.

Hey Joe -
    You did a great job w/ your performance, you sure seem like you love what you do...

Hey - you and Dave ever challenge each other to break dancing competitions??? hahahaha. Looks like the two of you can cut up a mean rug!

To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I was disappointed to see that Dave was not kicked out because of that unprofessional maneuver. Nathan got the boot for only suggesting they scoop the dancers out from under the other team in the commercial segment.

I assume the format was for everyone to stay, no matter what. A producer, surely, called Waynes attention to this incident either at the time or later. I wonder if he will make mention of this at all.
    I totally agree. I was appalled at what Dave did. :phhht I know this is a competition and all but whoever wins the entertainer should have some manner and common decency. I am really surprised Wayne didn't call him on it, well maybe he did and they didn't show it, but still it was so inappropriate. And plus I thought Joe's show was ten times better than Dave's anyway. My husband is in the military and he told me that if he was in that situation he would rather see Joe's act b/c when guys get around and talk they say all those dirty jokes that Dave said. I mean the material itself was new for them but it was old at the same time. So Joe you did a great job and I am glad that you got to share your talent with the soldiers b/c it is your show that they will remember when they are overseas. When they all need a good laugh they will all say, "Hey do you remember that guy who did the bit with the shark?"

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagirl
    I was appalled at what Dave did. :phhht I know this is a competition and all but whoever wins the entertainer should have some manner and common decency. I am really surprised Wayne didn't call him on it, well maybe he did and they didn't show it, but still it was so inappropriate.
    Hey Iowagirl, I'm reposting a post I left on another board about this... I think to be appalled is a bit strong - just my humble opinion.

I think the difference between what Dave did, and what Nathan suggested is that Nathan suggested doing something unethical: cheating. Doing something intentionally to prevent or hinder the other team from winning. What Dave did is different...that was more competitive. There was a decision to be made, no one clearly made it - so he went ahead. Granted, he did say he'd step aside to let someone else go, but no one appeared to really jump to the plate and say "ok, I'll do it"...so, he went ahead and did it. That's not cheating. I think he's made it quite clear that he wouldn't do anything unethical to win; and even though the show is a competition - they weren't performing AS a competition that day, they were just performing. That's what I think the difference is between Dave and Nathan's situations.

It's been asked a few times on the boards and I just thought I'd add my humble opinion to it all...
    To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

+ Reply to Thread