+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Joseph, The Sexy Diva

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrimpBiscuits
    So what if I am not impressed with Jennifer? And aren't I entitled to that opinion?
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion. My point was that Jennifer was being called a back-stabber because in the one-on one interviews she expressed reservations she had about another contestants talents and/or abilities. She is entitled to that opinion, just as anyone else is. That doesn't make her a devious person.

I don't know how old any of the contestants are but assuming shes the oldest, and probably twice as old as Theresa and Sara, I would only hope she would have the experience that all you Diva fans praise her for.
    I doubt that Jennifer is twice as old as Sarah and Theresa. If I had to guess, I would say Jennifer is in her mid-thirties, Theresa in her mid-to-late twenties, and Sarah in her early twenties.

And I'd like to know why Jennifer (of all people), knows more than most people what it takes to succeed in Vegas. This just blows my mind. What, because she won a few games on the show?
    Jennifer has worked in Vegas for (seemingly) the majority of her career. If she is so much older than the others, as you seem to believe, then that would mean she has a lot more experience than the others. Wouldn't that experience make her more qualified to judge someone's abilities? (More so that someone like Theresa, for example, who forgets her lyrics yet still thinks she did a good job performing. Would you trust that girl's assessment of anything?)

I get the impression that Joe and especially Nathan also have performed quite a bit in Vegas and have a feel for the talents needed there, as well.

In my opinion, Theresa and Sarah are out of their element. They appear to be more American Idol-type contestants looking for a recording contract as opposed to wanting to be "The Entertainer" and performing live every night for a year.

FORT Fan
    let me start by saying i am not a relative, lover or have ever even met jennifer, but in the high stakes big money las vegas market, a sure thing carries alot of weight, in a venue where entertainers are easily relplacible and taste can change at the drop of a hat, there is not always time to take a chance on a questionable act....im sure jennifer could fill several hours with the type of entertainment suitable for vegas visitors, there is no question about that...some entertainers just have a stage voice that always sounds in tune and the right pitch, she does seem to have this....early on i thought delisco was the one to beat, but just go back and relisten to the last show, his vocals and song choice were just average, and at this stage of the compition average just is not going to win...

FORT Fan
    sarah and theresa, this probably does not even warrant a resopnse, one episode is worth a thousand words..............

FORT Fan
    if you were not a friend/relative of sarah or theresa would you pay a million dollars plus probably several million more for advertising and performing space for either of them.....all the while expecting a return on this investment, remember, its all about money

FORT Fan
    havent any of you ever seen any other reality show other than this one, the after interviews of one contestant sayinging something bad about another is as much a part of the show as anything else.... this is just friends/realitives taking offense at someone saying something negative about their friend/realitive...lets hear from the contestants, we know they are reading this....

***Jennifer Joseph*** The Sexy Diva's Avatar
    Well alrighty then! I just came on the site today and read all of this interesting stuff. Wow, I never thought I would create such a fuss. First and foremost, to my friends and fans, I want to say thank you for your wonderful support! It's a beautiful thing to have people show their love and appreciation and I so lucky to be in the place I am to be able to read it on line.

I have nothing against anyone who would like to share their opinions. Everyone has different tastes in what they like and have an affinity towards. That my friends, is what makes the world go round. Please remember that they are not showing all the living situations and many other happenings that we all went through. No one, not one persons talent is in question here. Everyone on this show has so much untouched and unseen talent which is so unfortunate that you all haven't been able to experience it. Everything we are doing is essentially out of everyones elements. Purposely done. Yes, I am a bit older and have years more experience doing things.(17 total in the biz) I happened to have a plethora of experiences in my background which has led me to be able to handle most situations in a grounded, balanced manner. We all supported and showed love and professionalism to eachother during this time (much to the producers dismay) but that happened for a reason. Wayne hand-picked us because he saw wonderful beings of light, special qualities about each one of us that he wanted to test to see what we were capable of. The fact that there was no backstabbing was evidence of what we all made of.

Many times I was up late teaching the girls the songs they didn't know or lyrics that were unavailable to them. Yes I know it was a competition but I believe we are here on this earth to help everyone do the best they can especially if you have the knowledge and the opportunity to help. I, like everyone else has struggled through adversity dysfunction, losses and anything else you can think of. If anything has come from that is the ability to share what I've learned and hope someone else benefits from it and hopefully I will inspire as many as I can so they may not have to endure the same or at least learn faster than I.

I made eight life long friends having this experience (never got to know Paul) and learned a wealth of information. For those things I am forever grateful. Before anyone judges or assumes, it would be wise to do some homework.

Many Blessing to everyone and please continue watching and enjoy the show, I know we all are!

Well Said!!!!
    Great singer and well spoken... ...Sounds like a winner to me!
    Go JJ!!!
    One has fear in front of a goat, in back of a mule, and on every side of a fool :phhht
    --Edgar Watson Howe

Thanks for posting Jennifer.
    I really appreciate you and the other cast members posting and reading the board.
    It has made the show much more enjoyable every week.

I hope all you guys are getting a nice increase in your bank accounts

Hey Jenn,
    You know what - until any of us live the experience of walking in the shoes of a person on a reality show - no one can cast judgement on what type of a person is or isn't.... You guys are all victims of editing and producer's potential storylines ! (well, except I don't care for jenn from the bachelorette - but that's a different story! Anyway...)

I think you all have done a wonderful job "playing the game" as best you can while being friends with everyone. It's a competition, but as you pointed out you all really had a great connection despite what the producers had hoped for - and I don't think you, or anyone else has to explain what is conveyed on the tv screen. This isn't Survivor, or Big Brother - or any of these other really catty type shows. Given the type of environment and situation you were all in, I think all of you handled it to the best of your abilities while maintaining a positive image - and I think you all should be proud no matter how this story ends.

Just my humble opinon....
    To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

I saw Ms. Joseph play with her old band in Calabasas, Ca three days ago... ...I'm pretty sure the place is still rocking!!!
    Wow, what an incredible talent.
    Y'all should have seen her.
    One has fear in front of a goat, in back of a mule, and on every side of a fool :phhht
    --Edgar Watson Howe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast