+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Joseph, The Sexy Diva

FORT Newbie
    I'd like a few quotes to back up the statements made by ShrimpBizkits.
    Has Jennifer been vile or backstabbing? I think she gave honest opinions. It is a competition after all, and when asked to be a team-mate she has done just that. There is a million dollars at stake. How would you act? Remember: much can be done by editing, and you have no clue when the comments were made, they may have been taped long after the show was completed. Furthermore, we did not live with all of those people, and have no clue as to what their experiences of each other were. Jennifer is clearly a cut above thus far in the show. On a personal note, I know Jenn, and if you did, you would retract what you said. She is a great person. Just as, I would bet, Delisco is. Again - how would you act for a million dollars and a shot at your dream? I only hope I would conduct myself with the class these performers have shown us thus far!

:-)

FORT Fan
    jennifer was right on about what she said, sarah is not a vegas talent..jen takes control of the stage and has the voice, no one in the compitition even comes close. this is a vegas compitition and the winner has to have a strong stage presence and a strong voice....sarah has not demonstrated this....she sings soft sweet songs...sorry thats just not vegas....
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 03-14-2005 at 10:58 AM.

FORT Fogey
    I respect candid comments in the diary talks! It is time for Sara to go. She will find another arena to showcase her style, this is just not it.

I am enjoying your voice and charisma, Jennifer.

I didn't think Jennifer's comments were any worse than anything else I have seen on the show. Guess I'm a bit surprised at the reaction.

Bill

I think it was time for both Theresa and Sara to go. They both have beautiful voices, but not the experience and presence on stage that Jennifer has. Jennifer definitely belongs in the finals along with Joe, Dave and Delisco.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrimpBiscuits
    I really don't think Jennifer deserves it if she wins. She seems selfish and self-centered because she's nice to everyone to their face, then as soon as she's alone with the cameras, she has something bad and negative to say about every single one of the contestants. Shes a Bi**h with a smile on her face and nobody notices her comments because of it. I don't think Jennifer is casual about it, she's cocky about everything SHE does and everything SHE says. I feel she lacks creativity with her act, whats seen on camera is not always exactly what happened. In my opinion she has half the singing ability of Delisco. She needs to stay in the lounge and off the stage.

PS:

Being a lounge singer isn't paying your dues, it's just settleing. Delisco has paid his dues, Broadway etc...

[mod edit]

Ok I'll admit it, I'm a diva fan , but not the usual kind. You see I actually know Ms. Joseph. And I can assure you Shrimp and the WORLD that Ms. Joseph is a rare class act. Is she talented? Obviously...Is she a polished performer? You can see that for yourself. Has she paid her dues? This young lady has struggled and worked for years, dedicated to her craft and family. We always hear of bad people receiving accalades/fame/fortune for dubious reasons (case in point Martha Stewart). I can think of no one who deserves your praise and recognition more than Ms. Joseph. You can rest assured that if she was to win, the confidence you have shown in her, could not go to anyone greater. She is of the finest caliber, the gold standard, a future role model for when I have a daughter. In Summary, she is TRUE, she is the real deal!!!!! And she is an inspiration and a reminder to me, that if you work hard, if you stay focused and grounded, good things happened to those who wait.

All my best to this panel...
    DivaFan/groupie/friend.
    go JJ!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-14-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: removed baiting comments directed at another poster

FORT Fan
    i think the people dissing jennifer are just upset that their favorive has been eliminated or is about to...or just havent done well in this type of compitition, ive recorded the shows and all anyone would have to do is watch any of the shows a second time and it would be clear that jj has consistantly done the best and she should as she has the most expierence...i personally cant really compare the comic acts with the singing acts, the needed talents for each are so different....but for the singers..i has to be jen..even deliscos voice was shakey last night...not jj, still going strong.....

Just a reminder from the moderators:

Please keep your comments limited to the performers, not other posters. That includes speculation on other members' motivations for their opinions - we don't allow it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    Just to reply to jennifer not paying her dues.I too know her real well.I can start by telling you about her being the only white person in the house at the Apollo and getting a standing ovation.And being A lead in the follies at the tropicana hotel.Thats a little more then "just lounge singing"if you need more let me know.I have years worth.

Some nice new pics up on Jennifer's website.

www.jenniferjoseph.org

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast