+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacquie Aquines, The Ice Queen

Jacquie Aquines, The Ice Queen

Name: Jacquie Aquines
    Resides: Los Angeles
    Talent: Singer, musician
    Did You Know? Jacquie grew up in Canada and studied engineering.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 01:06 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This one's a musician as well. Is the art of origami lost forever?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I wonder if she's Filipina-Canadian (judging by her name & face)? All right for her giving up engineering to pursue her passion. If she is Filipina it's probably something her parents forced her into anyway. (Don't you love all the assumptions I'm making based on one small picture and three lines of info? )
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Jacquie is clearly the star in this show. Watching the dichotemy between her off-stage and on-stage personas was quite interesting in episode #1. You could see that she clearly impressed Wayne with her flawless performance and fantastic charisma once she took the Hilton stage. Meanwhile, on the sidelines she seems to be easy going and unlikely to clash with the other contestants. This is the performer to watch. She's my bet to end up as the Entertainer. I would love to see her full set. Her version of "I'm every woman" reinvigorated that stale old song.

My initial impression of her was good...I look forward to seeing more of her.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Jacquie

I've seen Jacquie perform a few times in small venues. Usually the sound systems are not the best and her voice is often drowned out by very loud instruments. Hearing her takes a bit of concentration.

I heard her the other night at a club in Los Angeles, similar conditions. On the way out I told her I can never hear her voice. She smiled and gave me a CD.

Later that evening, when I got home I popped the CD into my PowerBook, put on a set of Bose noise canceling headphones, prepared to delve into the world of "administrivia" by paying some bills on line, and was immediately arrested by her voice.

I always suspected she had a great voice, but it was like hearing it for the first time. I was blown away.

Jacquie is a compelling performer. She's more than just a little pleasant to look at, and to be frank her voice and lyrics are the star of the live performances. I hope that somehow they adjust the audio at these things so she can be heard.

I listened to the CD 2 or 3 times.

I don't know much about the entertainment industry. I was for instance quite surprised to find out Wyane Newton was still alive. I do know what I like though and Jacquie Aquines definitely entertains me. She's got that certain something that's hard to define, a quality that makes her remain in people's minds long after the show.

And BTW, what is this "Ice Queen" nonsense? She seems like a terribly warm person to me, all about life.

FORT Newbie
    I went to high school with Jacquie, and she is extremely nice and friendly. I just wish that we could get 'The Entertainer' up here in Canada, so I could cheer her on.

It's great to get these personal stories about our 'friends'. She does seem quite talented, and I hope we get to hear more from her.

Quote Originally Posted by theloniusMac
    I was for instance quite surprised to find Wayne Newton was still alive.
    I think it's like what they say about Cher and cockroaches...they'll be around forever.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

CommonAlien

You might want to check out Common Alien's website. I found them by searching yahoo for commonalien. You can download mp3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast