+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Entertainer brings Wayne Newton to E!

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasfan
    I like this show so much better than American Idol and it has a little bit of the Apprentice in there also.
    LVFan, I am digging this show as well!

I have never watched AI or the Apprentice - never had any desire to - but I find myself really looking forward to the next episode.

I really like Wayne, too. What a strange juxtaposition, though: He looks so artificial yet acts so down-to-earth!

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-bigel
    What a strange juxtaposition, though: He looks so artificial yet acts so down-to-earth!
    Beautifully worded.

Oh, and nigel...it's nice to be seeing some new faces here on Fort.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Wayne was great with the crowd at his own show. Im surprised that the Stardust wasnt involved with this since Wayne has been doing his show there for years.

Empress NaBisco
    Roseskid, thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here...

I'm amazed that show I though would be the cheesiest (no offense, I talking about the lounge lizard image) is so good. It's refreshing to see a show that actually tries to help contestants instead of trying to score soundbites. I'm so shock at how much I enjoy this show.

What I find interesting about this show, is that so far, the contestants seem to be getting along. There isn't a lot of swiping at each other, and gossip. Either they're editing it out, or it's too early yet. Okay, that's my cynical side. On the bright side, it is refreshing, and I hope it lasts. I do care about these people, and that's new for me too. Rather unsettliing, actually.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

C'mon, folks. Am I the only one who's totally creeped out by Wayne Newton? Ewww, ewww, ewww. He's got that frothy shellacked hair, the deer-in-headlights eye job, the pinkie rings, the smarmy show-biz emotionalism. His house makes Donald Trump's seem tasteful, what with the crystal bannister railings and gold-leaf mirrors.
    You guys are all smart, and my sister loves him, too. So I'm beginning to think I'm the one who's missing something.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Candor! I have a theory about the attraction to Wayne...it's the spotlight that seems to follow him around. It draws people to him like a moth to a flame.

On a side note, I've got to tell you, I love the word, "squick" you used in the other thread. Do I have your permission to use that sometime?

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    C'mon, folks. Am I the only one who's totally creeped out by Wayne Newton? Ewww, ewww, ewww. He's got that frothy shellacked hair, the deer-in-headlights eye job, the pinkie rings, the smarmy show-biz emotionalism. His house makes Donald Trump's seem tasteful, what with the crystal bannister railings and gold-leaf mirrors.
    You guys are all smart, and my sister loves him, too. So I'm beginning to think I'm the one who's missing something.
    I don't think you are missing a thing. Wayne-O is all of those things. But when he is talking to someone on a personal level, he seems so unaffected and down-to-earth that you can't help but like him.

Plus, for many many years he has been active in the USO, and I respect him a lot for that.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Candor! I have a theory about the attraction to Wayne...it's the spotlight that seems to follow him around. It draws people to him like a moth to a flame.

On a side note, I've got to tell you, I love the word, "squick" you used in the other thread. Do I have your permission to use that sometime?
    I cannot lay claim to "squick." Use it as often as you wish.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12