+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eco-Challenge Day Four Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Eco-Challenge Day Four Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Here's where we can talk about the finale of this year's Eco-Challenge.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I find it hard to believe they're going to wrap this up tonight. When they closed last night, the lead teams weren't even halfway yet.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    All I know is that I have a lot of catching up to do! I still have all 3 shows to get through this weekend. And with our weather last night, our satellite was knocked out and I taped a bunch of dead air.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

All these poor teams. Dropping like flies, Ian's lost at sea, Playmates just dropped out.

Team Brasil, I felt so bad for them. The girl with the infection was begging the others not to call the doctor (if they call a doctor, they're disqualified), but she couldn't feel her arm, and had infection in her legs and arms.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    I had to miss a couple of minutes of the show - can anybody tell me what happened when Ian got "lost at sea"? How much time did it cost them?

Ian's lost at sea cost them a 2 hour delay. This was a another risky move for Ian, and it cost them.

This was a very brutal race. So many teams dropped out due to illnesses and infections. That Playmate was slipping fast. It was good that they got her to the hospital or who knows what would've happened to her.

I applaud Nora's determination to continue but Shubi made the right decision in calling a medic. Nora was not going anywhere since that infection was spreading fast.

I was sad that Mad River didn't make the cut off point and they decided to pull out. They still had an impressive run. They outlasted a lot of other teams. Looks like Ethan might try his hand at eco-challenge again.

As I had expected, Team Lupus was down and out for the count. Maurice was in terrible shape, but that's what happens when leaders keep pushing their teams without taking in account the members health.

I have to say that I cried when the Spaniards (Team Buff) had to pull out of the competition. They were in 1st place and so ahead of everyone. It was just hearbreaking to see that their efforts were completely halted by the infection of one of their team mates. This happened to them in Eco Morroco from what they said. It's truly sad, but they gave it their all.

Ian had a lot of risky moves, and that last one (where he was lost at sea) cost them the race. It had to be scary for his team mates wondering if he drowed or not.

The Kiwis overcame illnesses and other obstacles, and they had a wonderful strong race towards the end. Good for them.

Got to hand it to all these teams. They are absolute adventure seekers to go through this grueling challenge.

This was my first time watching Eco Challenge and I must say that I'm hooked. I am in awe of what these teams are doing. It gets to a point where it's not only a physical challenge, but a physical challenge with pain. It looked really tough, kudos to all the teams
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Leo
    Premium Member
    Dang the fact that I won't be seeing Eco-Challenge at all for another week or so. I've been reading the posts here, and it seems to have been a pretty good Eco-Challenge to watch.

It was amazing, but I'm really not surprised that Mark Burnett is shopping this around to other networks. I think USA did a horrible job with the scheduling of this show. Packing a 300-mile race with 81 teams into a 4-hour block? I really would have tuned in for a full season commitment, or double-pump it twice a week for 2 months, or something MORE.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Agreed, John. One of the most annoying things about Eco-Challenge is how much they don't show. Team X is five hours behind and then suddenly, they have caught up. HOW?! They must have done something right, show us how they did it.

It's amazing that the Kiwis were able to come back and win after their female member was so sick. I've been that sick before and it takes days to fully recover, but she sleeps for a few hours and is back at it. Same for Team Earthlink. That's what I love about this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast