+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eco Challenge DAY 3 **Spoilers**

Eco Challenge DAY 3 **Spoilers**

Fiji
    60 min.
    Part 3 in Fiji. Team GoLite gambles by going through the jungle rather than swimming in the river; Team AXN Brazil races the clock to reach the river; actor Hayden Christensen and Team Kodak use local guides, who get lost in the jungle; Team Mazda, a rookie team of South Africans, holds on to the lead, climbing a 1000-foot waterfall using ropes.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

lets talk about day 3 in here everyone
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Thanks, Cali! I was just jumping in to set this up.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey

Rising to the Challenge

Can we discuss the lack of team spirit on some of these teams?

For example, on Team Mad River, Jenna just refused to go on because she did not want to return to the jungle. What is up with that? Here is a situation where individual effort is not important, you have to be a team player.

On the team where one guy was the self-declared boss (sorry can't remember the name) he drove his team beyond the point of endurance.

I have watched Eco-Challenge before and there didn't seem to be so many mishaps, illnesses and lack of esprit de corps.

The Brazilians and the Playmates are good examples of team effort.

Re: Rising to the Challenge

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    The Brazilians and the Playmates are good examples of team effort.
    The Kiwis are also another example of team players. OF course, not all teams are featured, so I'm sure they are a lot more other great teams out there.

Scott is the self-appointed leader of Team Lupus who was driving his team into the ground. I don't think a military-style drive is the best choice for a an adventure race where teamwork is so critical. A hostile atomsphere like the one I noticed within this team will not make this race any easier.

Jenna acted like such a baby. :rolleyes Suck it up, sister! You knew what you were getting into.
    I loved how one of the Road Rule guys yelled at her, "I live on a van by the river. " That had me cracking up.

I couldn't believe that the locals got Skywalker's Team Kodak and Team Go lost in the jungle. They would've probably fared better if they had followed their maps.

I'm cheering for the defending champs, Team GoLite, again. I just think Ian is an awesome navigator. I sure hope his navigation skills kick in when they take that risky route through the jungle bushes.

I don't know where Mike (Team Earthlink) got his strength to continue paddling his canoe when he was sicker than a dog. Poor guy. Canoeing in his own feces. How awful!!!!

Kudos to the team for deciding to stop at the village to take care of Mike. They knew they would fall behind the leaders, but they did the right thing. There is no sense in jeopardizing another team member's health.

EEEWWWW!!!!! IIICCCCKKKKK!!!!

Man I would have hated to been near that Kayak!!!! SSSSTTTTIIIINNNNKKKYYYY!!! Here is a guy that spent how many thousands of dollars for the chance to paddle down the river sh*tting all over himself and chummimg for fish with his stomach contents. He would have been better off being up the creek without a paddle What is going on this year that everyone is getting some wierd illness?

Will Ian get the team out of the jungle? Will Scott Wik break down due to stress of trying to break his team down? Will the South Africans stay in the lead? Stay tuned for the two hour finale thursday!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I LMAO at the "live in a van down by the river". Jenna's really hindering the team at this point, with her refusal to play along.

Mike really impressed me from Earthlink, I couldn't believe he was paddling. He looked dead.

Team Brasil is easily my favorite of the season. I love 'em all. They're cute, they're funny, they have that foreign thing goin' on, and they're good racers. The cut is worrying me, when her arm is numb, though. But to get those kayaks out on the water with 32 seconds to spare is a pretty fine effort.

+ Reply to Thread