Thread: Team Earthlink, USA

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Team Earthlink, USA

From the USA web site:

Jason Middleton (Captain)
    Robyn Benincasa
    Isaac Wilson
    Mike Trisler

Team Earthlink has always been at the front of the pack, and this year they're gunning for a first-place finish. Although Team Captain Jason Middleton is a veteran racer, he feels the pressure as the team's map-reader on the most navigationally challenging course ever created for an Eco-Challenge. As mistake after mistake threatens to blow their team apart, Team Earthlink winds their way through the grueling racecourse, desperate to finish with a spot on the podium.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I've been following Eco for years and Robyn never ceases to amaze me, another team I look forward to watching.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I know what you mean!

Robyn rocks!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yes she does! I wish she was on the same team with Ian and then I would have no trouble picking the team to root for....
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

Jason was sure having trouble with the navigating. Even though they made a wrong turn right of the bat, I couldn't believe they were able to catch up and end up behind the leaders, Kiwis. That was pretty impressive.

I wonder if they'll be able to catch up now that they followed the Kiwis down the wrong path.

What kind of experienced team puts a guy doing his first race in the navigator role? This can't be a good decision, since he made one slight mistake, you can bet the others now have doubts about his skills and that, being no fault of his, is going to cost the team the race I bet.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Oh shoot, I messed up and posted this somewhere else, thinking he was on Ian's team.

Jason has completely screwed up navigating. And ili, I think you read wrong. Jason is an experienced racer, just a navigator newbie.

yeah but if you were an experienced team, wouldn't you want someone who has some navigating experience for this race? It's ok that Jason is an experienced racer but he admits he doesn't have navigating experience and Eco is not the place to do your first navigating.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I thought about this same thing last night. Brasil also has a new navigator.

I guess, if you're an experienced racer, then you've had a little bit of navigational experience already. Learning how to read maps and use a compass isn't all that difficult, and normally you can build up your confidence with a few good early decisions until you get comfortable with it.

Everyone has to be a navigator-virgin at some point. There aren't that many places to get this kind of unique experience hands-on.

I'm the navigator for the sailboats I race, and it's a tough job where split-second decisions need to be made, and a lot of it's a judgement call. Even if you screw up, you have to get right back on the horse and do it again. So, I feel for what some of these guys are going through

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I think Jason will actually rally and do well for them. I think making a mistake early on will only help him focus more.
    ~*~ Maji *~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast