+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Lupus Foundation - USA

I've corrected the team photo and thread name, and the competitor names.

FORT Newbie
    A lot of the film that they are not showing on T.V. is amazing. Like a lot of the focus teams used vehicles and horses to cary racers and gear you will not see this on T.V. The top teams did not but a lot of the other teams did I would not call this a race but a vacation.

FORT Newbie
    The photo of the team is correct but the name was not. Scott Wilk was the one in the gold hat looking at the photo.

FORT Newbie
    Hello all Eco fans. If you're not familiar with the Rangers, their motto is "Rangers lead the way," dating back to WWII. It would be natural for Wilk to take over and try to drive the team on. Adventure racing is tough, and as is evident in all the teams, they are only as strong as the weakest person (Diane). The hardest part is to get a consistent team and obviously Wilk is frustrated with that.

FORT Newbie
    Whats going on who is the General? The General has the right idea!! Rangers Lead the Way!!!!!! Navy Seals do not!!!! and nor does Diane!!

Methinkst a couple of members of Team Lupus Foundation have found their way here, but definitely not Diane. Hi Mike.

All I can say, is if I were on that team, someone would have an unfortunate "accident" the first time they gave me that kind of attitude.

John!

Rangers Lead the Way!!!!!! Navy Seals do not!!!!
    Oh, Scott...I mean....General! I know you ain't bashing my Navy SEALs. . To say that Navy SEAL's don't lead is not fair. There are leaders in every branch of the military, whether its the Rangers, SEAL's, Air Force, Marines, etc.

Maybe Maurice isn't quite the leader needed for this expedition, but Mike could be a little bit more team-oriented. As the saying goes, "You're as slow as your weakest member", and if he doesn't help the weakest member, this team will most likely fail.

By the way, Welcome General!

Exactly. What the hell was this "he thinks this race is hard? I'll show him how hard this race can be" BS? Of COURSE the race is hard, duh. And you should be trying to help him make it EASIER. That's completely the wrong attitude for this race.

FORT Newbie
    Remeber I'm not degrading the Navy Seals but Maurice was not a Navy Seal. Bottom line like I said I monitored this team during the race and Maurice and Dianne were not prepared physically to compete in such a race. Remeber in a race like this you have times you must make it to cutoffs and if the Team is not pushed then the times will not be made and the Team will be disqualified. Remeber this is T.V. so you are not seeing the whole picture. I witnessed Scott trying to get Maurice to drink water and eat but he would not as it was evident last night. He was doing his own thing. Diane just was not in shape and Pete was!!!

I'm not sure why the team leader would want to make the race harder on one of his teammates. I suppose if ths was boot camp, the benefit would be to "toughen up" Maurice. Problem is, this ISN'T boot camp, and he will draw no benefit for himself, Maurice, or the rest of the team by making the race harder for anyone. I can think of no other reason other than "bad attitude" for possibly wanting to make the race harder for Maurice.

If he thinks he will play one of his psychology tricks on Maurice, he's already told us it didn't work. At first Maurice would hyperactively try to take the harder routes around the team, and when Scott yelled at him for it, Maurice just shut down. Those were Scott's own words. Yeah, make it harder on Maurice, that will help the team :rolleyes:

Bad leader.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast