+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Lupus Foundation - USA

Ugh, Mike is a complete ass. I would have given him a beatdown.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Double And I wouldn't have helped him up that hill, neither.
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Newbie

Eco

All of you have it wrong remeber you are watching what Eco wants you to see. First of all Team Lupus is number 53 and is from the U.S. not the UK that is a differnt team. The Ranger is Scott Wilk and Maurice Nelson was not a Navy Seal but a Para Rescue diver in the Navy. The first night the show was on they focused on the tiki the camera did not tell you that Scott Wilk had already gotten the info from the tiki they did not ask him anything about it. Next Diane is weak!!! but you can see that from the show. Next the headlamps was basic racing skills you have your equipment were you can get to it. The cameras did not show you that minutes after they stop filming scott gave his headlamp to Pete because Pete lost his. Continue to view and remeber a lot of editing goes on in a show like this. You will see only parts of the real story.

Recon, are you trying to say that you know a lot of the behind the scenes? And did you post on another board during Combat Missions?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Newbie
    No I have nothing to do with combat missions. I was at the race in Fiji.

FORT Newbie
    When you watch the Eco tonight you will see Maurice start to physically die because he did not want to eat or drink. Did not like the taste of the iodine and would eat the food he had. When you are buring 10,000 calories a day you must drink every 30 minutes and eat every hour to supplement your body. Maurice will take a huge plunge either toninght or thursday. They hired scott to get them through the race not to take them on a tour of fiji. This was a race not a pleasure trip. Thats why it is the toughest race in the world. stay tuned!!!!

Mike is that you. Just kidding.

Welcome Recon!

Thanks for the insights. I know, as well as many here, that we are pretty much at the mercy of the editing gods. I just post what I see on tv, even though, I know there is a lot that is edited out. That's tv for you.

Were you a camera man or one of the contestants?

Re: Eco

Originally posted by Recon
    First of all Team Lupus is number 53 and is from the U.S. not the UK that is a differnt team. The Ranger is Scott Wilk and Maurice Nelson was not a Navy Seal but a Para Rescue diver in the Navy.
    That's messed up. I thought this team was representing the UK since it says Team XL-Lupus UK.

FORT Newbie
    Eco had two teams representing Lupus Foundation one from the US and one from the UK. The one that you see on T.V. is Team Lupus from the U.S. check the Eco Web site and you will see.
    I was with Team Lupus helping with the coverage. If you can image over 40hrs was taken of this team. Scott Wilk has already gotten a spot in the biggest race yet Primal Quest which will be on T.V. on CBS after the Super Bowl with a Team that will place in the top 10. Scott Wilk was the only veteran racer on the team which the only three hired to try to get them through the race but as you can image this did not happen. You will see this tonight when maurice has to seek medical help. Remeber this is reality T.V. you see what they want you to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast