+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eco-Challenge - Full of celebs!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Eco-Challenge - Full of celebs!

Apparently, Eco2002 (FIJI) is going to have a few celebs this time around.

Hayden Christensen (Star Wars Episode II) will be participating according to this article

It has also been reported that Ethan Zohn (S3) and Jenna Lewis (S1) will be on a team this year.

I think this is an interesting twist to eco and it will be worth watching the Eco community reaction to all of this.

EcoChallenge is Mark Burnett's original "baby", and it has traditionally (with the exception of the Playboy team a couple years ago) been teams of people who race in adventure races throughout the year.

I wonder what the reaction of the adventure racing community is going to be? I know that during Combat Missions, the biggest complaint from the participants was they thought going in the competition was going to be more like EcoChallenge and less like Survivor.

We saw in Eco NZ last year that MB brought in a lot of the drama element....which raised criticism from some reviewers and longtime fans of the event.

I'm sure this is being done soley for ratings, but will be interesting to watch how this plays out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

BF, when is Eco Challenge starting and will it be televised?
    I like Hayden Christensen.

It starts in early October -- I believe around the 8th. We can follow along on the Internet to see how the teams are doing.

However they don't air the actual event until next year -- usually around late Spring. Unlike MB's other reality series, this one he doesn't try to keep the outcome a secret. You can easily find out who wins even if you are trying not to!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Meant to add...I've never actually followed along on the Internet, I usually just wait to see the live show.

But I think it would be fun this year to follow along as the event unfolds in real time!

JR.
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    I think this is an interesting twist to eco and it will be worth watching the Eco community reaction to all of this.

EcoChallenge is Mark Burnett's original "baby", and it has traditionally (with the exception of the Playboy team a couple years ago) been teams of people who race in adventure races throughout the year.

Even though the Playboy team was pretty much a gimmick, didn't they finish and finish rather high in the standings?

There are a few "celebrities' that train hard to stay in great shape, so I think it's less of a farce to have them in a show like this.

JR, no the PlayBoy team did not officially even finish.

They gave up about 1/2 way through and realized they wouldn't make their check-in point in time.

MB allowed them to finish the race -- however, they SKIPPED like the hardest part of the entire race! It actually pissed me off, because he didn't (at least they didn't show on the show) do that for any other team.

I was at the end when they were like "Oh, we're so proud of ourselves for finishing the race". I thought...yeah, I could do that too if I was allowed to pick sections to skip over!!!!

JR.
    Oh, ok, I didn't see all of it. I was very suprised that they "finished". That explains it.

+ Reply to Thread