+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DUETS: FINALE! 7/19 *Spoilers*

DUETS: FINALE! 7/19 *Spoilers*

I'll be a bit late getting on tonight, so posting the topic a bit early.

Tonight the winner is crowned!

Jason, John, J Rome...Which of the three J's will win!

We find out tonight! Plus more singing!

Please keep all spoilers in this topic until after it airs on the West Coast!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Re: DUETS: FINALE! 7/19 *Spoilers*

John has the best voice, but a limited market for it. And that is more style than appearance.

J Rome is the most polished and has a great voice.

Jason is the most improved and adorable. Of the three his voice is the weakest. But with some real coaching he can probably go far.
    nanarama likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

John is too old school. He does not have broader appeal and he gets flat notes some times.

J. Rome is the most versatile and in the middle when it comes to audience appeal.

Jason has the most mass appeal among the three although not the best vocally, he spans all demographics.

I think it will be between J.Rome and Jason. The top dog vs. the underdog!

Love Jennifer and Kelly together.

Can we make the show just them singing duets?

Glad the mentors get to sing with their booted contestants. Adds some life to the show.

Gimme Shelter - They were kinda drowned out be the music. Still think Bridget was the best female performer.

Fever - Kind of entertaining.

For Good - John sings Glinda the good witches part. Or both parts... I love this song. Not my favorite version, but well sung. But if you want a treat, look up Kristen Chenowith and Idina Menzel's version from the musical Wicked. Oh man, is it good! I really think John's peak was "Stay".

Heartbreak Hotel - Can I hire Kelly to just come and sing Elvis songs to me? :o) Or record a blues album, that would make me happy too. Jason needs to stick with swagger songs like this. He does best when having fun. They are too cute together.

Kind of bummed we don't get to hear Jordan sing again. I think she went home too soon.

Rythem of the Night - Jennifer and J Rome really compliment each other. Fun as always. Not really a favorite song of mine tho.

Awww, Jason is in third place.

J Rome wins, not really a shock. Congrats to both J Rome and John for being the final two.

And kudos to Jennifer for captaining her team.

If this show does return for a 2nd season, my vote would be to replace the host.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I dont think there is going to be season two.
    I am happy for J Rome, he is very polished. Kudos to Jennifer as well - and I found a new singer that I really love.

Heh, the winner isnt a WGWG!! like AI

I really liked Jason but tonight he struggled a little. OTOH Kelly sounded GREAT! love me some Kelly Clarkson

Great little summer show I enjoyed it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

J Rome does have an incredible talent.
    Interesting that The Voice also crowned an R & B singer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    J Rome does have an incredible talent.
    Interesting that The Voice also crowned an R & B singer.
    I didn't see The Voice. I am going to check it out next season .AI isn't for me.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think there SHOULD be a season two...but replace BOTH male "legends" with people who are actually wanting to MENTOR and showcase their contestant, not just pimp a themselves as talent.

So proud for Jennifer that her people were #1 and #2. I really wanted John to win because he's from Douglas and my husband was born there, (as well as really thinking he had the best voice,) but J Rome deserved it as well.

I hope all three finalist will be able to parlay this into music careers. They really have three different markets.

Also, when I told my husband the results, he said thta maybe next season he'd watch - I told him I'm very doubtfull there'd be a NEXT season.
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast