+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Duets: Standards 07/05/12 Live Show! *SPOILERS*

Duets: Standards 07/05/12 Live Show! *SPOILERS*

Sorry, late to the show tonight.

Please keep all discussion in this topic until after show airs on West Coast.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Duets: Standards 07/05/12 Live Show! *SPOILERS*

Something about Jennifer annoys the heck out of me! However, I think she's the best singer of the whole lot, and I'm convinced she's, hands down, the best mentor.
    NFL1 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I really enjoyed them all last night. I think Jason is so cute, I split my votes between him and John G.
    NFL1 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm still hoping that John will break out and do something very out of his comfort zone. I hope he stays around another week to do that.

All of them were quite good IMO last night. Jennifer is just off the charts with her range. She keeps getting better. I think she understands how to work with her partner in way that the others do not.

I thought Kelly and John Legend sounded great too.

Any predictions on who will go next? I am hoping that Jennifer's partners stay safe and the other two go before then.
    maxkl and Fanny Mare like this.

I love Jennifer. I am so glad she was on this show.I have always loved John Legend, and my Kelly . I even like Robin more now than I did.

I don't know who will go home, depends on the votes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Haven't had a chance to watch the show yet. But my guess is the boot order will be Bridget next, then John, leaving Jason and J Rome to duke it out.

I did see Jason perform last night, he has grown so much. He has really blossomed under Kelly. Jennifer picked more polished people. But I am not sure I would put her above Kelly in Mentoring. John and J Rome were good out the gate, but John hasn't really grown at all and J Rome has done a good job of changing things up, but he was great to start with. Jason just keeps getting better and largely on the advice of Kelly.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Opening Number - Jennifer seems to be screeching. Ow!

John and Bridget - Bridget doesn't sound good to me tonight. Wonder if it is a sound mix type thing. Wonder if it is her nerves? John sounds good tho.

Kelly likes it. Robin likes it, but likes John more. John sounded a bit Nat King Coleish on it. Jennifer liked it as well.

Wondering if I am just grumpy. J Rome and Jennifer sound off to me as well.

They all love it. So maybe I am just grumpy. So far the only voices that have sounded right to me are John and Robin.

Like John and Kelly for the most part.

Jennifer and John are ok. I like John, but it all kind of feels the same to me.

Robin like Jennifer. Kelly couldn't hear John. John L. seemed to like it. Or he is hungry and wants pancakes...

Kelly and Jason. Liked it first time, like rewatching it.

John liked it, sees Jason growing. Robin misses Nina Simones smokiness but thinks Jason is cute. Jennifer likes his swagger.

Late posting, but I had a feeling Olivia would go so that was the easy part. I thought they all sounded really good and have no idea who will be leaving. I agree Fanny - Jason is adorable and he sure is getting his confidence up. I agree that Jennifer besides being one of my favorite singers is the best mentor. She really knows what she is doing. Of course I love Kelly and always have. Felt so bad for her and her injury. Poor Robin has nobody left. With Bridget being the one that personality wise I never cared for and her being in the bottom two I would guess her, but she did sound very good so who knows. J Rome as always was wonderful. I loved all the songs that they give us each week and I have to say the band sounds great. I still an enjoying this show and after talking to some of my friends they are saying the same thing.

I can't get anyone I know to watch the show. I have family and friends who love Jennifer and Kelly, so I told them about the show and the fact you can watch it ON DEMAND, but they still never watch it. ???? Isn't that odd? If I was a big fan of a singer and the singer was on a weekly show, certainly, I would take the time to watch it. Right? Some people make me wonder. lol

FORT Fanatic

Guess no on is watching this since there is no new thread tonight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast