+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Duets: 06/28 LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! *SPOILERS*

Re: Duets: 06/28 LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! *SPOILERS*

I really enjoyed last night. John G was awesome. His voice is more a Josh Groban type - or maybe gospel - and I can imagine him as that type of entertainer. It annoys me that John Legend tries to find SOMETHING wrong with almost every performance except his own. I get the feeling that he has a huge ego.

Jason was also awesome! My husband watched it with me for the first time last night. (He wanted to see if Jennifer really was "showing" as his mother told him they already know if it's a boy or girl and I said, no way, too early. His mom said the other episodes were filmed a while back and she's now far enough along to tell. Sure enough, she is starting to show!) I told dh that Jason was one of the weakest performers before he performed and was I wrong! He blew me away! I don't know if it was the up-beat song along with his dance moves or what. I really enjoyed him! (And there was annoying John L saying his dance moves didn't look "natural.")

Olivia - how has she managed to stick around so long? She was so pitchy on her song. I told dh that someone better mention that and luckily both Jennifer and Kelly did. I'm sure she's a sweet girl and Robin Thicke has grown on me but she's way below everyone else as far as talent is concerned. Just because she WANTS to be there doesn't mean she SHOULD be there.

Bridget is talented but for some reason, I can't make myself like her. If I'm objective, I see she's doing a good job but I just don't want to see her perform. Ever again. The end.

J Rome is, to me, the best all around entertainer in the bunch. He's got the voice and the moves and he just OWNS the STAGE when he's there. (Plus he's so darn likeable!) I feel that he should win it all - and I hope he does. I'm thinking that, like many music shows the doors should be opening for all of these who've made it this far - except Olivia and, wishful thinking, Bridget!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I agree with you on J Rome He owns that stage!!hard for anyone to beat him
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think Bridget is really good, but I get the sense that she knows it and lacks humility. She sort of acts entitled, and that's somewhat of a turnoff. J Rome gets way more compliments and is a far better singer, and yet he acts grateful and humble.
    Shoepie and Jaceegirl like this.

Agreed! I was trying to think what it was about Bridget that turns me off and the word that popped into my mind was "smug." I think it a combination of her personality along with John Legend's. I just don't like it.
    AlwaysVeg and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

"Smug" is the perfect word! Thanks for thinking of it. Maybe she doesn't feel that way, but that's how she comes across.

Hmmm......I never got smug from Bridget. I just get too mature. She's a good singer, but too mature for this venue IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

Olivia - how has she managed to stick around so long? She was so pitchy on her song. I told dh that someone better mention that and luckily both Jennifer and Kelly did. I'm sure she's a sweet girl and Robin Thicke has grown on me but she's way below everyone else as far as talent is concerned. Just because she WANTS to be there doesn't mean she SHOULD be there.
    Totally agree here - wanted to see more of Jordan, Olivia should have gone that first time in the bottom 2 when John's person went!! She's SO weak, and even mentioned this week she would show she could have a power voice - I didn't see that at all!

We all know who is going to win in this show. It's Rome's game to lose. I don't think that's gonna change.

Depends on how many people are still watching and invested in voting. Personally, I prefer Jennifer's other partner and Kelly's partner to Jerome.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123