+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Duets: 06/28 LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! *SPOILERS*

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Duets: 06/28 LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! *SPOILERS*

I love me some Kelly Clarkson!
    AmyKay and Jaceegirl like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I love me some Kelly Clarkson!
    I do as well I thought J Rome was little pitchy tonight, so I voted for John and Jason.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought they all did pretty well last night except for Olivia. I thought she was very off key for most of the song. Kelly was kind and said pitchy for most of the song and Jennifer mentioned it and then went on to say she sounded great. I thought it was very pitchy, but Robin sounded great. I usually don't care for him, but I thought he was spot on last night. I don't care for that song though. I do think they may get votes since many do like that song.

I'm still rooting for John. I do worry that he can connect with the viewers.

I wonder why John Legend's partner, doesn't try to look a little more youthful. She is young right? I think that if she got extensions and a new hair style she would look 10 years younger. I do wonder if she can get the votes looking so mature. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think that's what they are going after. Her voice is great IMO.

I tried to vote about a dozen times by phone. Half of the time I got a message that said the deadline for my time zone had expired and I should go on line to vote. Well, I tried to call about one minute after the voting was opened! THe rest of the time, the message said, Thank you for voting for John. So, I really hope they didn't get the votes screwed up.
    NFL1 and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought they all did pretty well last night except for Olivia. I thought she was very off key for most of the song. Kelly was kind and said pitchy for most of the song and Jennifer mentioned it and then went on to say she sounded great. I thought it was very pitchy, but Robin sounded great. I usually don't care for him, but I thought he was spot on last night. I don't care for that song though. I do think they may get votes since many do like that song.

I wonder why John Legend's partner, doesn't try to look a little more youthful. She is young right? I think that if she got extensions and a new hair style she would look 10 years younger. I do wonder if she can get the votes looking so mature. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think that's what they are going after. Her voice is great IMO.

I tried to vote about a dozen times by phone. Half of the time I got a message that said the deadline for my time zone had expired and I should go on line to vote. Well, I tried to call about one minute after the voting was opened! THe rest of the time, the message said, Thank you for voting for John. So, I really hope they didn't get the votes screwed up.
    Am I the only one who can't understand why Olivia is still there, and why the judges are being so kind in their critiques of her? Did Robin beg them to take it easy on her or something? I am by no means a professional or qualified to judge a singing contest, but my hearing is excellent, and that girl is just about always pitchy and weak, plus she never seems to emotionally identify with and project what she's singing about, or to connect with Robin in the context of the song. She's so far below the level of the other contestants who are left (plus some of those who were already eliminated) that I just don't understand how she remains on the show, except that she's pretty and has great legs, which I see are usually featured, so maybe that helps. Geez, I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears and shout "la la la lala" when she was singing last night, but I didn't want to miss Robin's part of the duet.
    NFL1, nanarama and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Am I the only one who can't understand why Olivia is still there, and why the judges are being so kind in their critiques of her? Did Robin beg them to take it easy on her or something? I am by no means a professional or qualified to judge a singing contest, but my hearing is excellent, and that girl is just about always pitchy and weak, plus she never seems to emotionally identify with and project what she's singing about, or to connect with Robin in the context of the song. She's so far below the level of the other contestants who are left (plus some of those who were already eliminated) that I just don't understand how she remains on the show, except that she's pretty and has great legs, which I see are usually featured, so maybe that helps. Geez, I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears and shout "la la la lala" when she was singing last night, but I didn't want to miss Robin's part of the duet.
    No, you are not alone. I just love Robin( more now I have seen him on this show) she can leave anytime.

I worry Jennifer will lose one her really good singers though
    -Andy Rooney-

I think he did. J Rome is so frigging natural, he is almost too good .I do think John connected though. Do they just leave next week? I wonder if they rehearse all week. Then they go? I tried to find it on ABC, it doesn't say
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved the show and I agree about Olivia and why she is there. I happen to love the song "Need You Now" and she did it no favors. I agree about Bridget - John Legend's partner. She has a great voice, but for some reason I can't connect to her. Can't put my finger on it. I don't know if I am correct, but it seemed to me that John Legend puts himself first when performing and his partner second. You can correct me if I am wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first time I was. I will give him the benefit of the doubt as the songs may require that. John Legend has surprised me as I have always loved his voice, but now that I am seeing a bit more of his personality I am not liking him as much. He reminds me a bit of Christina A on The Voice. He seems to nitpick a bit more. The opposite is true of Robin. I was not familiar with him at all and now I am really enjoying him.

Congratulations to Jennifer on her baby news. As always Jennifer and Kelly are tremendous and Kelly makes a great blond. I agree that J Rome was a little off at the very beginning, but it was more of I had a harder time hearing him. Jason was so good and I agree with whoever said he certainly isn't shy anymore. John G was really good. He has a beautiful voice. Bridget was good even if she is not my favorite. I took the other approach and did not vote last night, but waited until today and had no problem with the phone or online. I knew they were taking votes up until 11:59 p.m. PT tonight. If anyone should be eliminated first I would say it should be Olivia. I think Jordan should have stayed last week over her, and maybe Robin did do some talking to have her stay. I think John G and J Rome are safe. Both of them are standouts. All in all I truly enjoyed the show.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 06-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    NFL1, nanarama and Fanny Mare like this.

Jacee do you know how they let them go?? Do they just show up next week, and they tell them? then carry on with the show?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Jacee do you know how they let them go?? Do they just show up next week, and they tell them? then carry on with the show?
    FannyMare - Not positive how they will handle it, but that is how it was done on The Voice. I can't remember if they performed (not for votes), but just to let them sing for entertainment purposes and then gave them the news at the end. Maybe someone remembers better than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    FannyMare - Not positive how they will handle it, but that is how it was done on The Voice. I can't remember if they performed (not for votes), but just to let them sing for entertainment purposes and then gave them the news at the end. Maybe someone remembers better than I am.

I didn't see the voice( and I have forgotten the season before) I tried to read on the website- I got nothing. Oh well, I will tune in next week .I think they are really talented, this is better than AI for me.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast